Print Thread
Hop To
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I have one and they are very sweet Rifles but I see no one has one on this forum!!>> let me open your EYES!! > https://youtu.be/mHeT-OFwu70 Enjoy

GB1

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My father in law has one and it is a tack driver. The stock is the plainest grain hardwood I have ever seen on a commercial rifle. I would like one of the synthetic stocks for it. It was bought for about $100 just before the Clinton administration blocked Norinco from doing business in the US.

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
MM>> So there are no Nor>15>> in America>>very intro! Dirt Cheap and they shoot like HELL!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
LE>>< >: thanks for your post!

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They have been around for some time down here (almost 30 years or so) - they do shoot well. There does seem to be a preference for second hand CZs though because of the better timber.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
They seem to be in the commonwealth but not in the good old USA! Enjoy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
My father in law has one and it is a tack driver. The stock is the plainest grain hardwood I have ever seen on a commercial rifle. I would like one of the synthetic stocks for it. It was bought for about $100 just before the Clinton administration blocked Norinco from doing business in the US.

Strange as it may seem to say this, Clinton was right when his goverment stopped importation. In addition to their politics, and human rights violations, China doesn't respect copyrights or patents. Their firearms construction runs hot and cold. Some are okay, others are pieces of junk.

Unfortunately, Canada didn't stop importation. I thought that odd, considering how anti-gun the feds were here at the time. You are better off without Norinco. Buy American.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Shoots better than most $100 dollar rifles. Had to cut about an inch off the barrel to eliminate set screw marks from a previous owner. The barrel is VERY hard and the bore is not centered. Tried to stain and refinish the ugly wood but just made it worse so went with paint, webbing and satin clear.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've got one, new in the box, but haven't shot it. Bought it out of curiousity more than anything. Safety is majorly stiff to put into the fire position. I've seen some take a CZ452 stock and modify for the Norinco to fit.

IC B3

cs Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My dad bought me one years ago when they were like $90. Looking back, he should have bought a whole crate of them!
The rifle has a perfect trigger, and is a true tack driver. It has led to decades of fun, and hopefully many more to come. About 10 years ago we both scoured the countryside for another one. Finally found one NIB, a painted dark brown stock instead of the blond wood on mine. Let's just say it's not near the rifle our first one is. Trigger is on the low end of manageable, accuracy is not the same, and the bluing is a tad rougher. But all in all it's a nice rifle for plinking and the woods. I would love to come across another one like mine but I think they have suffered the fate of a lot of inexpensive .22's. They were cheap, people gobbled them up, trashed them out and now they're hiding in attics, closets and garages. I bought a CZ 513 a few years ago and they're close to the same rifle but with a plastic magazine and not as nice a trigger.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dennis Olson used to restock those with a nice piece of walnut, remove the sights, repolish the metalwork and reblue, slick up the action and trigger, inlet the bottom metal and turn out a nice little custom rifle. They shot like blazes and looked great when he got done with them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What kenoh2 said, "the bore is not centered". Don't know if they were all like that but it wasn't on mine. I never thought to check for that. Plenty accurate and functioned as it should but seeing more steel on one side of the bore than the other got kind of old.

O
OLO Offline
O
A really nice rifle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

Strange as it may seem to say this, Clinton was right when his goverment stopped importation. In addition to their politics, and human rights violations, China doesn't respect copyrights or patents. Their firearms construction runs hot and cold. Some are okay, others are pieces of junk.

Unfortunately, Canada didn't stop importation. I thought that odd, considering how anti-gun the feds were here at the time. You are better off without Norinco. Buy American.

While I may, if the need should arise, consider picking up another Chinese woman, I'm staying strictly away from their guns.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have two of them. I know a couple of others. You cannot pry them away from any of us. This gun is a wonderful hunting rifle. I had one of my stocks cut in the wrist area and a wedge installed to straighten the stock. What is not to like about a 22 it’s a metal magazine that shoots? If it gets dinged while hunting, it just adds a bit of character.

I am thinking these were originally imported by a company in Kansas and sold for about $60.

Do not pass if you see one available.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (41rem, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2UP, 35, 007FJ, 18 invisible), 1,511 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,584
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.