Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
It has been so cool and wet in west central WI the flowers are just starting to bloom. The ground has been so cold nothing is progressing in a normal manner.

The flowering crab trees just into full bloom yesterday. The reg. apple trees just starting. I would guess about a week to 10 days late.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by nighthawk
No No No - Per AOC it's that DC had a tornado watch. Watch, not warning. Like that's never happened before. And of course it never gets sweltering in the South. Try training at Ft. Benning in the summer, cool as a cucumber

Or Fort Gordon, Georgia. wink

L.W.

Or Camp LeJeune....and don't even think about Fort Jackson... It's hot there in January

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Pipe some of that heat to Wyoming.

44 degrees here.

Warming nicely here too! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Like most of your all's BS, article doesn't mention climate change (man made or any other). Just OP's more attempts to drum up hits on his BS.

Phil

It's all the hype about the terrible extreme weather, climate change not withstanding. Like the swarm of tornadoss in north Texas. You'd think it was end-times from what CNN reported. About 1970 I was in high school, and being an aviation nut, when watches severe enough to scramble aircraft from Perrin AFB I'd find my way to base ops and watch the systems roll in on the weather radar. More than once I'd watch a hook echo move directly overhead and go out to the ramp and watch the funnel cloud directly overhead. Wasn't an unusual event, funnels seldom touched down and when they did seldom hit anything except maybe a pole barn or a couple bins. And I'd be willing to bet most of that was straight line wind. Nowadays three cows fart at the same time and it's a headline story

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
It is 96 degrees and no wind in Eastern NC and no rain in sight. Corn rolled up and in places brown. Canals that I have never seen dry are dust dry. We need a afternoon boomer.

Yeah, it's "abnormally dry" this year, but the US overall has come out of a long drought:

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A drought here but not long. Typical more or less 11 year cycle.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ya gotta love it..........."Death Ridge!!!!"

I always thought it was called a "Bermuda High". No major breaking news here, it happens every Summer.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Actually, we could use a longer stretch of some dry weather. The freaking rain for the past year is killing business.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Like most of your all's BS, article doesn't mention climate change (man made or any other). Just OP's more attempts to drum up hits on his BS.

Phil

It's all the hype about the terrible extreme weather, climate change not withstanding. Like the swarm of tornadoss in north Texas. You'd think it was end-times from what CNN reported. About 1970 I was in high school, and being an aviation nut, when watches severe enough to scramble aircraft from Perrin AFB I'd find my way to base ops and watch the systems roll in on the weather radar. More than once I'd watch a hook echo move directly overhead and go out to the ramp and watch the funnel cloud directly overhead. Wasn't an unusual event, funnels seldom touched down and when they did seldom hit anything except maybe a pole barn or a couple bins. And I'd be willing to bet most of that was straight line wind. Nowadays three cows fart at the same time and it's a headline story

Awww, come on nighthawk...there's no connotation behind the innocuous reference to a weather pattern as a "Death Ridge."

*snork*

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by hatari
No No No - Per AOC it's that DC had a tornado watch. Watch, not warning. Like that's never happened before. And of course it never gets sweltering in the South. Try training at Ft. Benning in the summer, cool as a cucumber

Or Fort Gordon, Georgia. wink

L.W.

Both suck in the summer, so might as well throw in Ft. Stewart

Been to Ft. Polk in the summer?

DF

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Or Fort Gordon, Georgia. ;)L.W.

or Quantico VA - Semper Fi

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish about ten of those degrees would be dropped on the Pacific Northwest and upper Plains. It's been icky. Yesterday was the first time it felt like late spring.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I just wish my okra would grow faster!!!

Im getting kinda tired of yeller squash and green beans.

But I ain’t complaining!

😉

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
chiiiit come to south texas....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
So some local experts were chewing the fat in the Hope Alaska cafe some years ago, arguing whether the winter was warmer, colder, or whatever, than”normal”.

The old boy sitting off in the corner finally chimed in with “Boys, I’ve been here nearly 40 years, and I can tell you this is the first normal winter we have ever had!”

Works for me. smile

Last edited by las; 05/24/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
90 degrees in Georgia in late May.

Oh, the humanity!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Defend the Constitution
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It seems to be obvious, bit if they are breaking 100-year old heat records it means it was that hot 100 years ago... Just sayin'...

And coincidentally we have only been keeping weather records since the 1800’s. Go figure...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And my timing is perfect, as usual. A/C quit at home last night. Gonna fire up the portable A/C unit to keep the bedroom cool until I get it looked at. Have a feeling another compressor went TU. 2nd one in 5 years in a 5 year old system...........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’m old enough to remember all the hype about another ice age and freezing to death.

Chicken Little just can’t decide which it’s gonna be.

DF

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 257_X_50, 007FJ, 39 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.