Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I am getting out of the milsurp Mauser business since I have not shot any of mine in quite some time. I am sending these two, to start.

Czech VZ-24, 8x57 Mauser. This is a Russian capture and was arsenal refurbished. All metal is blued dark, almost black. The butt stock has been sanded and the sides while the hand guard has several repairs. The butt stock and receiver have matching numbers; however, the bolt is force matched and electro-penciled. There is a small import stamp on the bottom of the barrel, that is covered by the cleaning rod, If you were not looking for it, you would not notice. The bore is dark with strong rifling. I also have an accessory kit than came with it, including bayonet, sling, ammo pouches, oiler and a few other do-dads that I will include. This was a greasy, dirty mess when I got it, so it took a bit to clean it up to its current state. I have shot it, though that was years ago, so I have no recollection of how well it shot. All-in-all a good solid WW II Mauser. $350 C&R eligible

Pictures here https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13543373/mauser-vz-24

Yugo 24/47. 8x57 These rifles started life as the Model 24 (not to be confused with a VZ-24) and were made either in Belgium or Yugoslavia. This one is a Yugo, made and the Cyrillic letters can faintly be seen on the left side of the action under very bright light even though the action was scrubbed. In 1947, these rifles were returned to the arsenal and were reworked. This one has a “recycled” butt stock, as the old numbers can still be seen, though is stamped to match the bolt and action (all matching). The walnut stock, both upper and lower are solid with no cracks or large gouges, just the usual scratched and dings often seen on these rifles. Someone may have put a light coat of lacquer or varnish or maybe a heavy wax on the stock long ago. The metal has either been left in the white and polished or has a medium to light bluing. The action has a small Yugo crest that is bright and sharp. The bore is BRIGHT with sharp rifling, and I don’t think it has been shot since leaving the arsenal (I have not shot it). This is the primary reason I bought it as the bore was the nicest, I had seen in a milsurp Mauser. This has bee my milsurp safe queen. I do have another 24/47 that is not in anywhere near as nice if condition that shoots quite well when I do my part. $500 C&R eligible

Pictures here https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13543383/yugo-24-47

Shipping: This is currently a bit challenging for me. If you want to ship FFL to FFL, the local shops that I have checked with are not cheap in the transfer fee or shipping. I am happy to go direct to an FFL- this will save me a headache and you some money. Lets discuss your abilities for shipping and we will go from there. All laws must be followed.

Payment via POMO, I dont have a paypal account.

Want more pictures, just send me a PM.

Thanks

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That VZ-24 looks like a pretty good one and at a decent price. There are guys that might be interested on Mauser Central.

Ken

Hey, I just noticed the birthday cake! grin

Last edited by kennymauser; 02/08/19.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
back to the top....... Make these girls sing.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
BTT for the polar vortex bound....

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
A state of Emergency may have been called in Seattle, gGrab these quick to fend off the vegan zombie hordes

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Back to the top. They make a great Valentines gift for that someone special (including yourself).

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
What the heck, let's push this to the top now that tax date is over as are many of the big game drawings. Someone has cash burning a hole in their pocket

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1234, 50 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.