Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Good job Roger.

+1

+100

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
Anybody remember Kitty Genovese?

Yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

At approximately 2:30 a.m. on March 13, 1964, Genovese left the bar where she worked and began driving home in her red Fiat. While waiting for a traffic light to change on Hoover Avenue, she was spotted by Winston Moseley, who was sitting in his parked car. Genovese arrived home around 3:15 a.m. and parked her car in the Kew Gardens Long Island Rail Road station parking lot, about 100 feet (30 m) from her apartment's door, in an alleyway at the rear of the building.[21] As she walked toward the apartment complex, Moseley, who had followed her home, exited his vehicle, which he had parked at a corner bus stop on Austin Street. Armed with a hunting knife, he approached Genovese.[21]

Genovese ran toward the front of the building, and Moseley ran after her, overtook her, and stabbed her twice in the back. Genovese screamed, "Oh my God, he stabbed me! Help me!" Several neighbors heard her cry, but only a few of them recognized the sound as a cry for help. When Robert Mozer, one of the neighbors, shouted at the attacker, "Let that girl alone!"[22] Moseley ran away and Genovese slowly made her way toward the rear entrance of the building,[23] seriously injured and out of view of any witnesses.[22]

Witnesses saw Moseley enter his car, drive away, and return ten minutes later. Shadowing his face with a wide-brimmed hat, he systematically searched the parking lot, the train station, and an apartment complex, eventually finding Genovese, who was barely conscious and lying in a hallway at the back of the building, where a locked door had prevented her from going inside.[11] Out of view of the street and of those who may have heard or seen any sign of the initial attack, Moseley stabbed Genovese several more times before raping her, stealing $49 from her, and running away again.[22] The attacks spanned approximately half an hour, and knife wounds in Genovese's hands suggested that she attempted to defend herself from him. A neighbor, Sophia Farrar, found her shortly after and held her in her arms.[24]

Records of the earliest calls to police are unclear and were not given a high priority; the incident occurred four years before New York City implemented the 911 emergency call system.[25] One witness said his father called the police after the initial attack and reported that a woman was "beat up, but got up and was staggering around".[26] A few minutes after the final attack, another witness, Karl Ross, called the police, who arrived at the scene within minutes of his call. Genovese was picked up by an ambulance at 4:15 a.m., and died en route to the hospital. She was buried on March 16, 1964, in Lakeview Cemetery in New Canaan, Connecticut.[27]

Last edited by Squidge; 05/24/19.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m

Long time ago, she screamed and screamed as I remember while being stabbed to death IIRC.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by g5m

Yes.

At approximately 2:30 a.m. on March 13, 1964, Genovese left the bar where she worked and began driving home in her red Fiat. While waiting for a traffic light to change on Hoover Avenue, she was spotted by Winston Moseley, who was sitting in his parked car. Genovese arrived home around 3:15 a.m. and parked her car in the Kew Gardens Long Island Rail Road station parking lot, about 100 feet (30 m) from her apartment's door, in an alleyway at the rear of the building.[21] As she walked toward the apartment complex, Moseley, who had followed her home, exited his vehicle, which he had parked at a corner bus stop on Austin Street. Armed with a hunting knife, he approached Genovese.[21]

Genovese ran toward the front of the building, and Moseley ran after her, overtook her, and stabbed her twice in the back. Genovese screamed, "Oh my God, he stabbed me! Help me!" Several neighbors heard her cry, but only a few of them recognized the sound as a cry for help. When Robert Mozer, one of the neighbors, shouted at the attacker, "Let that girl alone!"[22] Moseley ran away and Genovese slowly made her way toward the rear entrance of the building,[23] seriously injured and out of view of any witnesses.[22]

Witnesses saw Moseley enter his car, drive away, and return ten minutes later. Shadowing his face with a wide-brimmed hat, he systematically searched the parking lot, the train station, and an apartment complex, eventually finding Genovese, who was barely conscious and lying in a hallway at the back of the building, where a locked door had prevented her from going inside.[11] Out of view of the street and of those who may have heard or seen any sign of the initial attack, Moseley stabbed Genovese several more times before raping her, stealing $49 from her, and running away again.[22] The attacks spanned approximately half an hour, and knife wounds in Genovese's hands suggested that she attempted to defend herself from him. A neighbor, Sophia Farrar, found her shortly after and held her in her arms.[24]

Records of the earliest calls to police are unclear and were not given a high priority; the incident occurred four years before New York City implemented the 911 emergency call system.[25] One witness said his father called the police after the initial attack and reported that a woman was "beat up, but got up and was staggering around".[26] A few minutes after the final attack, another witness, Karl Ross, called the police, who arrived at the scene within minutes of his call. Genovese was picked up by an ambulance at 4:15 a.m., and died en route to the hospital. She was buried on March 16, 1964, in Lakeview Cemetery in New Canaan, Connecticut.[27]

Ahhh OK

That makes what happened to the grandmother at HEB ok...

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Caught on camera: Man punches 88-year-old woman outside of H-E-B

https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...285-6daee291-bb88-4b2d-b444-28e15690ad14

I just cannot comprehend people saw his and just stood there and let the guy walk away. Who could be like that?

Saw it in Colin Flaherty's video on it. I was amazed that a bunch of white guys stood around while he moseyed on away. Why didn't they grab him and beat him into submission??

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
Yeah.
That’s crazy.
People are afraid to get involved these days.

Afraid of being arrested for a hate crime.

Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I just cannot comprehend people saw his and just stood there and let the guy walk away. Who could be like that?

Saw it in Colin Flaherty's video on it. I was amazed that a bunch of white guys stood around while he moseyed on away. Why didn't they grab him and beat him into submission??

Or stand in front of him blocking his get-away while calling 911...

Follow him while talking to 911...

AT LEAST STICK A CELL PHONE CAM IN HIS FACE

Geez

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m

Yes.

Ahhh OK

Did anyone trivialize the old lady getting sucker-punched at HEB? What did I miss?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Saw it in Colin Flaherty's video on it. I was amazed that a bunch of white guys stood around while he moseyed on away.

I couldn't and still can't believe my eyes.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Or stand in front of him blocking his get-away while calling 911...
My assumption was that this would have been resisted by him, thus resulting in a take/beat down necessity.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
HEB granny would've knocked QK's ass out.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by g5m

Yes.

Ahhh OK

In response to your comment:

"I just cannot comprehend people saw his and just stood there and let the guy walk away. Who could be like that?"

Human behavior. And, not right, but not new.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's Peter Mensah!

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sawbuck
That's Peter Mensah!

Mensah? That’s a fine old Ashanti name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Mensah

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember the misery inflicted on George Zimmerman for killing a child, who in reality was a vicious thug? Kind of makes folks leery about getting involved. That Trayvon character I am sure did look out of place and suspicious. He sneaked up on Zimmerman and tried the knockout game and failed. Zimmerman could be in jail for 30 years if not for excellent legal representation. People tend to try to stay out of other folks issues considering they could be bankrupted not to mention imprisoned or killed for intervening.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
Remember the misery inflicted on George Zimmerman for killing a child, who in reality was a vicious thug? Kind of makes folks leery about getting involved. That Trayvon character I am sure did look out of place and suspicious. He sneaked up on Zimmerman and tried the knockout game and failed. Zimmerman could be in jail for 30 years if not for excellent legal representation. People tend to try to stay out of other folks issues considering they could be bankrupted not to mention imprisoned or killed for intervening.

And that's likely by design.

Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Let's pretend that killing the guy wouldn't be a viable option based on what we have been able to see in the video, until he pulls out a gun or a knife...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think the guys standing around should have at least pounded him into a little bloody pulp
But that’s just me.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tom264
I think the guys standing around should have at least pounded him into a little bloody pulp
But that’s just me.

That or more would probably have happened in a more civilized time. Also, did the 88 year old woman survive?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Texas you can use deadly force to stop an attack on another person, i think this situation would qualify.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
360 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.