24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NAFTA killed my local commercial melon growing. People got used to cheap Mexican melons in the super markets and pitched a bitch when they came to our stand and saw slightly higher prices. I reduced my prices to my cost, which equaled the stores' prices, and they still bitched that they could just go to Safeway and pay the same price.

Quality had very little to do with the shoppers' satisfaction, so we closed down. For the next two years people would drive to my house and ask what stores carried my melons. I told them I sold all my melons to Mexico.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bail-Out.....

That is kinda funny.

Trust me fellas, no big payments here at the old cow farm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've read that corn farmers received a one cent per bushel payment in 2018.

AKA not chit.

We got a 15 cent bushel payment on our little wheat crop.

Didn't amount to much, maybe .5% of the annual operating budget.

Wheat right now is the same price it was roughly 40 years ago.

Wheat prices might be the same as 40 years ago but inflation has gone up 120% in the same time. American farmers are the most inventive and efficient on the planet. My FIL farms, some years he knows he’s going to loose money but keeps going anyway.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Trump wanting another 16 Billion farm bill bail-out again this year, that's about $500 per taxpayer each year... on top of the cost of the consumer having to pay for the tariffs on purchases. The [bleep] doesn't even understand the basics.

Phil

So where did you get this nugget of genius - CNN? Or are you channeling Peelosi?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I can remember my GrandMother giving me a Quarter in 1970 when I was 10 to walk to the store to buy her a loaf of bread.
Same brand is $3.25 for the same loaf of bread today at the grocery store here.
I remember 39 cent bread when I first got out of high school in 1980. We pay 1.49- 1.99 now depending on where we get it. We've always bought the cheap stuff.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Gayghost, i cant believe you liebs, Sickermore included, bringing these pissants and molehills to try and accomplish exactly what? To turn us against a guy who is trying to turn this country away from its downward plummet?

Every time you pukes do this you get your ass handed to you on a platter and youre too stupid to learn that.

How are you lieberals stupid enough to keep trying the same stupid schiett?

I guess you suckers are so stupid you cant remember it.

You are definately too stupid to be able to draw on your brains drug addled memory to be able to compare the popcorn farts of Trump to your dimocommies traitorus acts and make a legitimate point.

I guess that explains why so many Americans are so easily sucked in to stupid chitt like "Our strength is in our diversity" or

"Open borders are nice and PC". It takes a lot of stupidity.

Forgive us for not swallowing the deep state NWO BS.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump wanting another 16 Billion farm bill bail-out again this year, that's about $500 per taxpayer each year... on top of the cost of the consumer having to pay for the tariffs on purchases. The [bleep] doesn't even understand the basics.

Phil

Only that he is looking long term and you short term. Sacrifice now for a better deal long term...even a truck driver gets it.
And you solution? Do nothing and keep bending over for the big egg roll up our a$$$$

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been in central CA my whole life, farmers always cry poor, but I have been to many of their spreads..usually to pour nice outside kitchens and patios.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
I'd rather my taxes go to bail out a farmer than an auto company selling high priced pieces of crap that isn't even made in our country.

I agree, but the Corn Mafia needs to earn its own way too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not brain surgery. There are liberal areas (States), there are conserveritive areas (States), and there are neutral areas (States) that sell out to the highest bidder. It's always worked that way. Ethanol and cars got Trump elected. You can't expect those States to go unrewarded.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
16 billion ? By god it’s enough to make you wanna take your pink pussy hat outa the closet and March on DC 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I have been in central CA my whole life, farmers always cry poor, but I have been to many of their spreads..usually to pour nice outside kitchens and patios.

How are they supposed to live...in your opinion?

I swear...you wont find another profession where success is so begrudged.

Support a farmers market.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A lot of it not even going U.S. farmers or honest corporations.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Phil

You dumbass .. The biggest expense in the farm bill is food stamp/ welfare programs. Most of which feed you lazy [bleep] liberals.
Take the lead and get all your Liberial buddies to quit consuming or use any type of farm product.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
I'd rather my taxes go to bail out a farmer than an auto company selling high priced pieces of crap that isn't even made in our country.

Or the $7500+ per Tesla people got from the Feds. There a several them in my neighborhood and they were all Hilary loving a$$ wipes.

Last edited by old_willys; 05/24/19.

Ted
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have yet to see a Tesla but there are a few farmers who have close to a million dollars of machinery getting the crop in the ground.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's just political payback. Farmers supported Trump and he's paying them back with our money raised by taxing (through tariffs) imports.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Kinda like zero sending airliners on our dime to S America to pick up the parents of illegal alien kids he illegally invited in, huh?

You Dumb Jack Schietts really cant learn crap can you?

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/24/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoyed my carrots this evening.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No one got hit as hard and fast with the trade war then the farmer....2-3 dollars a bushel less in a matter of a week...don't forget that 16 billion will go into the hand of massive economy spenders....
Or maybe we should give it to the homeless drug addicts and thugs so the money will end up in the hands of some drug cartel.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dumb Jack Schiett, why dont you tell us how much better off we would be with Little Kim pitching icbms over Japan and Hillary shooting Putins jets over Syria down.

Tell us how much better off we would be adding Syria and then maybe Spain and Italy to the new muzzy caliphate.

Tell us how we would have utopia with a commie one world govt that the puppet masters of Zero and Hill named Rothschilds and Rockefellers have seduced you to.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
122 members (32_20fan, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.