Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Mathsr Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Are any of the makers that frequent the 24 hour Campfire going to have a table at the Blade Show? I'd like to stop by, meet you and look at your knives.

If you are going to be there, post your table number. Maybe the Campfire members that attend can make a special effort to stop by your table and identify themselves as Campfire members.

Harry
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Maybe the Campfire members that attend can make a special effort to stop by your table and identify themselves as Campfire members.
...and then the fight starts... wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Harry, I'll be there as always...
I remember meeting you and Charlie a while back...hope all is well!
PM if you have a break and we can get together...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I make it there every year. For the first time in 200 years I won’t be able to make it there on Friday. Will be there Saturday tho.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Harry and I will be working the Knifemakers Guild Table again this year. Y’all stop by and talk knives anytime.

Charlie

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I make it there every year. For the first time in 200 years I won’t be able to make it there on Friday. Will be there Saturday tho.

You are much older than I would have guessed... smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm going to be there every day! Find me at the show and look for my banner, it's under DT Knives.

"The unknowing leading the unwilling to do the unnecessary"

www.dtknives.com
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Godogs57

You are much older than I would have guessed... smile

61 years old now, but some days I feel 200+!

Mathsr Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll look you up! Like Charlie (348srfun) said, we will be working the Knifemaker's Guild table this year rather than Twin Blades having its own table. We will probably have a few of our knives on display, but this isn't going to be a selling show for us this year. I will be out and about in the show a good bit doing some Guild stuff and hope to see a bunch of guys and their knives.

Harry
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I feel like I've come a long way making knives but I'd just like to ask some of the really good makers how they do things. So much left to learn. I figure I'll find out if people like my stuff or not. For me this will be a must sell show. I think it will let me know if I should keep going or give up knife making

www.dtknives.com
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Dan308
I feel like I've come a long way making knives but I'd just like to ask some of the really good makers how they do things. So much left to learn. I figure I'll find out if people like my stuff or not. For me this will be a must sell show. I think it will let me know if I should keep going or give up knife making

Thank God my mentors were generous with their methods....many were not. Nowadays, folks are much more generous with their techniques, etc.....
Where I grew up, the info on sites such as Blade Forums was top secret and generally never shared. Everyone had their secrets....

Folks will gladly share their info and usually be more than happy to help you out now. Based on your website, you don't look like you have much left to learn....you do good work!

Last edited by Godogs57; 05/27/19.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks but There is so much out there to learn. I could sit for days and listen to some of these guys. A couple of years ago I met a guy named Paul Lusk. This guy is one of the smartest people I've ever met. He makes awesome knives and his folders are incredible. Besides being a maker, his marketing is light years ahead of mine.

I do have a 4 part video on how I make a knife. I show you how to put on dovetailed bolsters and things like that. It's on my facebook if you do that type of thing.

Dan

www.dtknives.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll be there behind table 19G. Here is a look at some of what I'll have.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stop by and say hello if you are at the show. Always fun to meet and shake some hands.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
Mathsr Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking knives! I'll stop by your table.

Harry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Safe travels!!

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
Mathsr Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’m at the Blade Show and have been by blgoode’s table and Dan308’s table. Both are showing some good looking knives! It was good to put some faces with campfire members and I know they will do well at the show.

Harry
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Braved the crowds today...had to travel back from the beach yesterday, otherwise I would have been there Friday. Good to see friends and good workmanship in abundance.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 44 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.