Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salmonella
San Franpsyco is no different than any other big city.
Disgusting liberal [bleep] controlled by radical minorities.

Austin will get as bad if things don't change.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Keep praying for that 10.5 on the Richter Scale.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slope77
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/how-san-francisco-broke-americas-heart/ar-AABGKVD

Can we maybe build a fence 15 miles out of city center before it blows? Probably a better investment than the border wall. Sounds like the country’s infected appendix is about to burst.

The bursting will be postponed by all the IPOs scheduled this year. The cost of housing in SF proper has nowhere to go but up.

There is one benefit to living in the SF Bay Area: Every where else you go seems cheap!

Last edited by mrmarklin; 05/25/19.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Last time I was SFC was in the 90's. I hated the place and will never return. as for Austin, I worked there in the 80's and loved it. Returned last year to visit a friend and was shocked at what I saw. It reminded me of the SFC I visited twenty something years ago. I hope to never go back to Austin as well. It is lost with no hope of return. IMHO.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I was born and raised in SF and lived in the SF area for a good part of my life. I do my best to avoid going anywhere near that place now. 10 years ago I worked at a law firm in downtown SF and when the firm went out of business I had an opportunity to move with some other lawyers to a different firm downtown. I took a big pay cut to go on my own so I wouldn't have to work in SF anymore. Best move I ever made, next to moving to Montana.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dallas Texas is right around the corner!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Instead of whining about how terrible it is we should come up with a list of things that should be done to stop this disaster.

Allow state and local governments to draw from the SSI and welfare benefits of the homeless in order to charge rent for camping illegally and to pay fines.

Enforce vagrancy laws against the homeless.

Create work farms as an alternative to homelessness. Away from cities.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Slope77 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Good article.

The underlying theme to me was that the freak show has been forced out of San Francisco and unleashed upon other cities, cities like Seattle, Portland, Denver, etc. “Gayborhoods” have become homogeneous, outrageously over-priced and over-gentrified to the point that the faqs had to move and infest their “tolerance” on the rest of the country. God help this country! I thought AIDS would be nature’s mechanism of control but it was overruled by science.

Too late for the fence. Damn. The appendix has ruptured.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remsen
I was born and raised in SF and lived in the SF area for a good part of my life. I do my best to avoid going anywhere near that place now. 10 years ago I worked at a law firm in downtown SF and when the firm went out of business I had an opportunity to move with some other lawyers to a different firm downtown. I took a big pay cut to go on my own so I wouldn't have to work in SF anymore. Best move I ever made, next to moving to Montana.

Good luck. i am out of here right behind you. Two years to get the house fixed and sold. Pay off the ex and then find a trailer park I can afford after the judges are done with me.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Instead of whining about how terrible it is we should come up with a list of things that should be done to stop this disaster.

Allow state and local governments to draw from the SSI and welfare benefits of the homeless in order to charge rent for camping illegally and to pay fines.

The vagrancy laws we grew up with have been declared unconstitutional. Our politicians have been building their fiefdoms instead of fixing the problems. They might like the idea taking SSI money as they take all you have and more.They might encourage more homeless in order to seize the monies.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
San Franpsyco is no different than any other big city.
Disgusting liberal [bleep] controlled by radical minorities.

Austin will get as bad if things don't change.

Yep and it's accelerating.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
All San Francisco’s problems are the results of capitalism, according to the article.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

and you think this/can/will ever happen in ca ? or anywhere else in the usa ? in your dreams...

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You sound like Californian.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We dont want any homeless work farms out here.

fugging NIMBY Californians!

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I'm not a fugging NIMBY Californian. I'm a Native Son of the Golden West. Look it up if you don't what that means.

I'll sum it up in two words, f uck you.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 700LH

You sound like Californian.

And you sound like an ass hole.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Craigster

I'm not a fugging NIMBY Californian. I'm a Native Son of the Golden West. Look it up if you don't what that means.

Oh, sure.

I can see where this is going......lets just find a nice..far away place for these homeless concentration camps.....

Ya sure buddy..

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was a quote by a resident that was something like “the worst of capitalism, unbridled capitalism, capitalism run amok.”

What. A. Crock!

With all of those companies and corporations any city govt should be able manage just fine. But feeding and cleaning up after homeless and addicted that they have welcomed and paying for social programs is costly and drives up taxes. So the wealthy that can leave do. The landlords that stay, drive up the rent to pay their own taxes. Govts see businesses / corporations as an unlimited cash cow with no desire to live thrifty or think of how it affects normal folks.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Craigster

Oh, sure.

I can see where this is going......lets just find a nice..far away place for these homeless concentration camps.....

Ya sure buddy..

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.