Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Always interesting to see how the sides choose up on the Fire.

Personally, I like all rifles, which is why I own a bunch of different types from flintlocks to AR's.

Just the other day I went to the range with three rifles, and the selection made me realize (doh!) that I JUST LIKE RIFLES!--

Brand-new Bergara B14 Ridge in 6.5 Creedmoor, with a 3-15x dialing scope.

Pre-WWII German SxS double rifle in 9.3x74R.

My oldest tacticool rifle, an 1866 trapdoor Springfield .50-70, dated 1866, the first year the Allin conversion was used.

That's my view on it.

Fo'sheezie

I am MAGA.
GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well this thread sure got hijacked to the highway to hell.... lol

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by smokepole

I already have talked to shytloads of farmers and other landowners here as to why they post and won't allow access. I'm not going through it again for another retard who can't read and comprehend my previous posts. Man I get tired of the dumb sons of bitches here that can't take the time to thorough;y read before jumping on somebody for something. Never seen so much stupid gathered together in one place in my life.

Newsflash, Mallard Addict isn't the retard in this conversation. Nor any of the other 12 guys you've labeled as such.
If that were true I would'nt constantly be asked to repeat information already covered pages ago. Stick it in your ass smokes poles. You're a useless, mouthy idiot who knows nothing and has done nothing of any value to anyone in your pitiful little life and deep down you know it.

Classic projection. I feel sorry for your husband.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
AGAIN.....

What are YOU doing about it?
There isn't much I can do about it. The die is cast.

A kid with the fire in them aught to be able to hunt as much as they want.

Complacency always helps to solve problems..... it must be a rough life to be a cynical azzhole all the time.

I was a kid with the fire in me.... who grew up in a family that didn’t hunt. I rode my bike places, and asked landowners if I could hunt, and hunted what public land I could get to. A kid with a true passion, and a willingness to put in a little work... is an unstoppable force. Like I said earlier.... I’ve watched my kids, as recently as last fall, ask permission to hunt Private Land many times.... they’ve never been told no.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
AGAIN.....

Complacency always helps to solve problems..... it must be a rough life to be a cynical azzhole all the time.

Hit the nail on the head. I'm willing to be ol' blackie has no mirrors in his house. I don't think I could stand it either.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kellory
Some folks just aren’t up for the challenge of hunting public land.... plain and simple. Complaining about not being able to hunt someone’s Private Land.... is like a homeless guy complaining that he can’t pitch a tent (and take schitt) in your yard.... it wreaks of entitlement, and it’s just plain stupid.

I respect Private Land, and the Owner’s RIGHT to allow access as they see fit. Much like this thread, and most other threads on the 24HCF... a few idiots tend to ruin it for the good folks.

We’ve killed several nice critters the past couple of years, by getting permission not to “hunt” on the heavily posted Private Land.... but rather to walk through that Private Land, in order to access the Public Land behind it. I’ve never been told No when I’ve asked permission to do this.

Most people I hear bitching about Public Land hunting.... don’t own a pair of broke-in boots....
The point of the whole issue went right over your pointy little head as I suppose most things do. It must suck to be so stupid. Can you chew gum and walk at the same time ?

Laffin....

You’re the one bitching.... I’m the one killin’ all kinds of critters...

Isn’t killin stuff and enjoying our wild lands the point?

When you get to thinking everyone else is the idiot.... you need to realize the only common idiot denominator is you.

There’s gotta be a private forum somewhere you can demand access too?
No dummy. The point is we're losing hunters like crazy and the trophy hunting craze is what's causing it. Most of you idiots just can't admit that. Hunting license sales here in NY have dropped from 1.4 million a year in the early '70's to 700,000 today. The biggest reason for that is the widespread posting of private land by wannabe trophy hunters. NYDEC has done surveys of former hunting license holders to see why they stopped buying licenses and the number one answer by far has been "loss of access to hunting land".. You can argue with that all you want but it will never change the fact that you'll be wrong. "Laffin" about it won't change it either.

My land is posted, and I could care less if the deer has a rack or not. I'm hunting meat for the freezer. You are assigning a reason that may or may not apply, to support your claims. I, for one, have my land posted, because I'm sick of the disrespect trespassers show my land and property Rights.
It's mineG/D-it, not yours, get the fuq out!
Well then you don't need to wonder why hunter numbers are dwindling and why everybody else's land is posted and you're stuck hunting your same piece of ground all the time. Guys like you are the problem and there are tons of you. Like I said, look in the mirror.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
AGAIN.....

I was a kid with the fire in me.... who grew up in a family that didn’t hunt. I rode my bike places, and asked landowners if I could hunt, and hunted what public land I could get to. A kid with a true passion, and a willingness to put in a little work... is an unstoppable force. Like I said earlier.... I’ve watched my kids, as recently as last fall, ask permission to hunt Private Land many times.... they’ve never been told no.

Complete bullshyt. If you're as old as most of these guys on here you most likely had the good fortune to hunt many places before everybody was posting their property. I'm only 57 and I could walk out my dads back door and keep walking/hunting all day long without coming across a posted sign. I'd cross 4 or 5 property lines in a day and never be on ground I wasn't welcome on. This was in upstate NY. I don't believe for a minute it was terribly different except maybe in Texas and maybe a few other inhospitable Southern states. I know for a fact there was lots of unposted private land in the Northeast back then and it was common knowledge that if it wasn't posted it was ok to hunt. What are you doing to bring those posted signs down ? Yeah I thought so. I don't have much property of my own but there aren't any posted signs on it and if somebody wants to sit out here in my little patch of woods I don't kick them out so at least I practice what I preach. Same as 40 years ago when my grandfather told me I could put up signs on his farm if I wanted to and I never did. Funny thing is, I still took deer off that farm every year and never got shot or shot anyone else for lack of knowledge of who else was on the property. As for your other bullshyt about kids riding bikes to go hunting. Out here any kid seen riding a bike with a gun strapped across the handle bars these days would likely find themselves surrounded by a SWAT team in a NY minute. Probably a bad idea in a lot of other Eastern states as well and not many kids are fortunate enough to be able to walk out the back door and hunt all day like I did when I was a kid. It's a shame but those days are gone and reading the responses from the landowners/hunters here it's as obvious as the cum dripping off your chin what and who the problem is.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
AGAIN.....

Hit the nail on the head. I'm willing to be ol' blackie has no mirrors in his house. I don't think I could stand it either.
Classic projection. I feel sorry for your husband.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Read it again Blackheart..... I said I RODE MY BIKE TO HUNT....

That was back in the late 80’s..... but I still always asked permission to hunt.... I guess I’ve never felt like I was entitled to someone else’s stuff.

And everyone else here has the reading comprehension problem?

That was juice from antelope blackstrap dripping down my chin.... from one of the does my daughter shot, on private land, after she kindly asked the landowner if she could hunt on his 7800 acres.

You’ve gotta be the biggest asshat on this entire forum... and that’s saying something.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The decline in the number of hunters and access to land is only part of the problem. While hunters numbers have declined the number of shooters has increased. Thirty years ago most gun owners were hunters 1st who shot a little at the range to develop loads, get rifles zeroed and practice a little. Todays gun owners are far more likely to shoot at the range and if they hunt it is secondary. They put a LOT more rounds down range every year and most are better shots than typical hunters of yesteryear.

Smaller calibers, less recoil and better accuracy are more important than how well it kills. The tactical stuff works better for that. And those who do hunt are finding that the tactical gear can work very well. It is natural that they would prefer to hunt with the same gear they are most familiar with at the range.

Some older guys just can't wrap their heads around why the 6.5 CM is so popular. As a true hunting cartridge the 270 is a bit better. But if looking for a dual purpose target/hunting cartridge the 6.5 comes close enough to 270 hunting performance, but is a far better option as a target round.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Read it again Blackheart..... I said I RODE MY BIKE TO HUNT....

That was back in the late 80’s..... but I still always asked permission to hunt.... I guess I’ve never felt like I was entitled to someone else’s stuff.

And everyone else here has the reading comprehension problem?

That was juice from antelope blackstrap dripping down my chin.... from one of the does my daughter shot, on private land, after she kindly asked the landowner if she could hunt on his 7800 acres.

You’ve gotta be the biggest asshat on this entire forum... and that’s saying something.

He is truly a miserable, pathetic, puke.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Stick it in your ass smokes poles. You're a useless, mouthy idiot who knows nothing and has done nothing of any value to anyone in your pitiful little life and deep down you know it.

blackheart: You and I have clashed on here a few times. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, that's what makes the world go 'round. One thing I try to do and not always successfully is limit my comments to what's being said. That's hard to do with someone such as yourself who gravitates toward personal insults like the above. Sometimes I get caught up in that and respond.

Dogshooter has been asking you what you've done to help and your consistent answer is, "there's nothing I can do." You've got to know that's bullsh**. and a cop-out. Then you turn around and accuse other people of "doing nothing of any value to anyone;" and the like, and these are people you know zero about.

Sure seems like projection to me. And in response I'll say I haven't done enough, like most of us. But I have volunteered several hundred hours of my time to instruct our Hunter's Ed. class and help over 1,000 new hunters get their first hunting licenses. Lots of them were kids, and I'm not done yet. There are plenty of ways to pitch in.

If you really wanted to help, you would. Think about it.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I live in the prairie/timber openings part of the Midwest. In middle age, I finally got serious about squirrel hunting. While there is a number of acres of timber on our family farm, it would be nice to hunt some other patch of trees, just for a change of scenery. Asking around among neighboring land owners if I could hunt squirrels in their timber patches, I was often told: "Well, I let Joe hunt deer in their and he doesn't want anyone else tramping around in there, "or something similar. Too many deer hunters are completely crazy. Once they get permission to hunt a piece of ground, they get all possessive. Bow hunters are the worst, so far as I'm concerned.

Too many otherwise ethical and considerate hunters are making it hard for other hunters by being so possessive. Small game hunting is the entry into other kinds of hunting for many young folks, and these over-possessive deer hunters are part of the reason for a decline in hunting numbers. Just my opinion, FWIW.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stick it in your ass smokes poles. You're a useless, mouthy idiot who knows nothing and has done nothing of any value to anyone in your pitiful little life and deep down you know it.

blackheart: You and I have clashed on here a few times. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, that's what makes the world go 'round. One thing I try to do and not always successfully is limit my comments to what's being said. That's hard to do with someone such as yourself who gravitates toward personal insults like the above. Sometimes I get caught up in that and respond.

Dogshooter has been asking you what you've done to help and your consistent answer is, "there's nothing I can do." You've got to know that's bullsh**. and a cop-out. Then you turn around and accuse other people of "doing nothing of any value to anyone;" and the like, and these are people you know zero about.

Sure seems like projection to me. And in response I'll say I haven't done enough, like most of us. But I have volunteered several hundred hours of my time to instruct our Hunter's Ed. class and help over 1,000 new hunters get their first hunting licenses. Lots of them were kids, and I'm not done yet. There are plenty of ways to pitch in.

If you really wanted to help, you would. Think about it.

Giving hunter ed courses isn't going to do anything for people who don't have a place to hunt. The courses we give at the sportsmens club here are always under attended in recent years. The last thing we need is more instructors. There is nothing I can do to bring the posted signs down other than lead by example, which I have done for over 4 decades. My time is spent more in the ongoing battle over gun rights here, as we're constantly under attack from the wacky liberal idiots in Albany.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I see backfsrt is still a whiny [bleep]. I grew up hunting my family's farm land. Now I hunt our hunting club land along with several other private lands..I've never had problems finding private land to hunt...like Beaver said. I show appreciation with my back or wallet. One farm that we hunt waterfowl on..we buy the owner a couple of boxes of Good cigars a year..another we do some hay..another I d his crop depredation shooting for him. Another we help fix fences. One thing we do not do is bitch and belittle land owners for posting THEIR property. And often we don't even ask to deer hunt. Normally we ask to Grouse hunt. Or goose hunt fields...that has almost always ked to opportunities to deer hunt.
Funny as hell you having to pay or work to get permission to hunt private ground. No doubt because you're an ass hole and have no friends. As I said before I have permission to hunt on private land in 6 counties. All owned by personal friends and no payment required to hunt.

The only land I "have" to pay to hunt is our club land. The dues covers land cost ins. Cost and a good share of our project money every year.

I have newvr been told I had to pay, provide gifts or work for the permission it's just something I and my friends do as a token of our appreciation to the land owners.

As I said most often we don't even ask to deer hunt. But almost always we get invited to deer hunt. Hell one farmer has let us put goose pits in his field and build blinds on his ponds... All because we showed up one Christmas with some cigars for him, a gift bag for his wife and some gifts for his kids. We gave those things to him as thanks for letting us goose hunt one of his fields one time. Instead of being a king douchebag with an industrial sized [bleep] shoved up your azz whining that all of these land owners owe you. Maybe you should try being just a touch benevolent...

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The courses we give at the sportsmens club here are always under attended in recent years. The last thing we need is more instructors.

LOL, the only guy on here who could take someone else's volunteer service, flip it around, and make it a negative. A Hearty Congratulations!

Out here we don't have enough instructors and most of the big game hunting is on public lands. Different problems, different solutions.

Have a nice day blackie.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Whether a person is a Tacttard, Tacticool, Tactifool, poser, legit ex-military, motivated prepper . . . whatever the preferences and reasons for them, for the most part, I don't care. I hope people are safe and responsible. I know gun owners who still vote "wrong headed", but I figure the more gun owners the better our chances at the ballot box. In addition, it would be great if people's public behavior didn't turn off those on the fence concerning guns.

I'm interested in lots of different guns, because I want to learn and stay relevant. I love my "nice" guns, but I own some straight up "tools" as well. If it ever comes to it, you'd like to have something that will shoot the ammo that will be most available and you'd like to at least know how to use a "pick up" gun if it comes to it.

Life is a lot easier if you don't judge what doesn't overly affect you.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Life is a WHOLE lot easier if you don't go around pissing on those who like to set themselves on fire....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I started this thread out of curiosity'...not poking the bear.
I still buy magazines and if it is full of tactical stuff I leave it on the rack.
It has infiltrated most publications, imo. I just happen to be a hunter and my firearms are designed for the variables of hunting.
It seems to me many these magazines are more directed towards the survivalist .
Maybe, this is where the hunting and shooting public is going.....I don't know.I do know I don't take the reading material home.
My point of view, folks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The good thing about the proliferation of tacticool is that should the time come when it's at play here in America it will be easy enough to start a collection at that time.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (240NMC, 160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,306
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.