Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Truvada commercials??? Man its amazing how this is mainstream and even celebrated...

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s amazing the time, effort and money they spend on something that affects a minuscule percentage of the population while cancer is still a mystery.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Cowboy21
Truvada commercials??? Man its amazing how this is mainstream and even celebrated...
I get irritated with ads in general... The "mute" button is the most used button on my remotes..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Easy to tell what the very high profit drugs are by what gets advertised on tv.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Almost any commercial is better than the one featuring the garage band singing about their limp peckers.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The other is advertising crohns and colitis medication. It must be really profitable, I don’t know anyone who has the disease

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would ban all the medical commercials.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
My most hated commercials are for lawyers suing just about anything they can think of. They always seem to be from Delaware.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s amazing the time, effort and money they spend on something that affects a minuscule percentage of the population while cancer is still a mystery.

I’ve often thought there’s already a cure for cancer but the real money is taking research grants and keep people “hanging on” with half assed radiation treatments.

The Wright brothers made the first airplane flight in 1902 and just 67 years later we put 2 men on the moon and bought them safely back.

We can clone animals and make all kinds of crazy genetic changes but we can’t cure cancer? Give me a break.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I've looked up the prices of said medication. Some of it is 2K up to 8K. Amazing
I'm another mute button user.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I gave up watching commercials and I DVR everything and then watch later a fast forward thru all the commercials. I haven't watched a live show in years.

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Apples and pomegranates, tp. Similar false analogy: If people can bench press 300 pounds, why can't we flap our arms and fly?

Back to the OP...One reason drugs are so expensive is because of the billions of dollars spent on TV advertising. All of which is utterly wasted because only your doctor can prescribe those drugs, and your doctor is already fully aware of them without TV ads.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Prospector
I gave up watching commercials and I DVR everything and then watch later a fast forward thru all the commercials. I haven't watched a live show in years.

This works foe me. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The pharmaceutical industry seems to keep one upping themselves in the advertising department.

After society endured 90 second commercials about the Baby Boomer's dicks that quit working, they progressed to the woman on the subway with beads of sweat forming on her brow because she's seconds away from schitting her yoga pants.

Now it's onto butt fugkers taking medicine so the one butt fugker doesn't give the other butt fugker an STD. Even shows them all playing soccer so there's no confusion regarding their sexual orientation.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cowboy21

I don't care what people do on their own time as long as it doesn't directly impact me in a negative manner, but I am offended by having alternate/deviant lifestyles being shoved down my throat.

In general, I don't care if people choose to use recreational drugs, I don't care if people choose to be involved in homosexual relationships, and I don't care if people choose to engage in inter-racial relationships.

I just don't care, but I don't like having it delivered into my home and shoved in my face as though I was required to acknowledge/accept it.

Since people aren't going to avoid risky sexual contact and Truvada may help reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS, it is probably a good drug to be available to anyone a physician will prescribe it for, straight, gay, or undecided.

Just like all of the ads that suggest all kinds of scenarios that are very small fractions of the whole and treat them as if they are much more common than accepted statistical data shows. For example, mixed race marriages in the U.S. are much less common than marriages within racial groups, but they are portrayed in the MSM in such a way ads to look like common behavior. The TV show Modern Family is very popular and features a homosexual couple raising an adopted child. That scenario may be common in some places, but it isn't common anywhere that I've lived and I've only encountered it once that I know of.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I don't care what people do on their own time as long as it doesn't directly impact me in a negative manner, but I am offended by having alternate/deviant lifestyles being shoved down my throat.

Why do people insist on using this expression when referring to gay sex?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just watch jerry Springer sometimes and get a load of just how screwed up people are! You got Homos "upset" that their 'significant" other isn't "faithful", cheats on them. Well duh! You see Lesbians who "hate men" yet their lesbo lover looks like a fat man with a crew cut, dresses like a lumberjack! when you live in a culture of no absolutes...you get absolutely crazy results! what a world...if this isn't The End Times, they'll sure do until they get here!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t watch tv unless the wifey has it on, she watches cable so no commercials. She has been gone since Saturday, damn thing hasn’t been on. The damn remotes haven’t moved

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Apples and pomegranates, tp. Similar false analogy: If people can bench press 300 pounds, why can't we flap our arms and fly?

Back to the OP...One reason drugs are so expensive is because of the billions of dollars spent on TV advertising. All of which is utterly wasted because only your doctor can prescribe those drugs, and your doctor is already fully aware of them without TV ads.

I’ve been a drug rep for 22 years. You’d be surprised how uninformed most prescribers are concerning new or even recently approved medications.

The real driver for the pricing decision is much more complex than advertising expense.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
The pharmaceutical industry seems to keep one upping themselves in the advertising department.

After society endured 90 second commercials about the Baby Boomer's dicks that quit working, they progressed to the woman on the subway with beads of sweat forming on her brow because she's seconds away from schitting her yoga pants.

Now it's onto butt fugkers taking medicine so the one butt fugker doesn't give the other butt fugker an STD. Even shows them all playing soccer so there's no confusion regarding their sexual orientation.

You made me laugh so hard I almost pissed my Depends!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.