Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've made no claims that a rifle that won't shoot MOA or better is worthless, in fact I've said many times that a 1.5 MOA rifle will do anything I need to do. But I'm talking several 10 shot groups one shot right after the other. 3 shots here and there will generally open up, way up, when firing back to back.
[Linked Image]
I've also never said you must spend thousands of dollars on an AR or it'll be junk. I've spent more for barrels than some of you have spent on a complete gun. I've had and have guns that will shoot 10 shots under MOA but my favorite guns are light weight pencil barrelled rifles and carbines. Most are 1.5 MOA, I do use good triggers, light weight hand guards, good HP and MPI'd bolts, I love the LMT SOPMOD stocks and I've played with brakes and flash hiders that would send some of you penny pinchers over the edge. I use what I like, not what's the cheapest.
[Linked Image]
I've had cheap parts break, I've seen a bunch more of them broken. I've messed with triggers and never could get one as good as a real trigger. I've had over gassed guns that would pull the rims off cases. I've even had a mini 14....I've even heard about the polymer lowers being "just as good as"
[Linked Image]
Buy what you want but don't get upset if I don't jump up and down over the "good deal" you got.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just after Election Day, when Pelosi started her jabber about passing some gun legislation, I broke down and bought a DPMS Oracle, a rifle with a very checkered reputation. It was cheap, and all I wanted it for, was poking old Nancy in the eye anyway.

So far, it's no target rifle, but it hasn't choked and puked yet, either. I don't have any "cheap ammo", just a whole bunch of stuff I'd loaded up for prairie dog shooting fifteen years ago, with a good 50gr. VMax, and a half-grain under max. It shoots pretty well, really, for what I've got in it, and while I have a wad of 30 rounders for it, I mostly use the 10 round PMags. I don't run it hot, as I really don't much care for the thing anyway.

It's sorta fun to shoot, I guess (had my fill of them in the Army a long time ago). It will do what I ask of it, which isn't much. It works, and throws bullets into tolerable groups (1-9" twist), all I ask of it. I don't much care if others like it or not. I didn't buy it for them, anyway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
I've made no claims that a rifle that won't shoot MOA or better is worthless, in fact I've said many times that a 1.5 MOA rifle will do anything I need to do. But I'm talking several 10 shot groups one shot right after the other. 3 shots here and there will generally open up, way up, when firing back to back.
[Linked Image]
I've also never said you must spend thousands of dollars on an AR or it'll be junk. I've spent more for barrels than some of you have spent on a complete gun. I've had and have guns that will shoot 10 shots under MOA but my favorite guns are light weight pencil barrelled rifles and carbines. Most are 1.5 MOA, I do use good triggers, light weight hand guards, good HP and MPI'd bolts, I love the LMT SOPMOD stocks and I've played with brakes and flash hiders that would send some of you penny pinchers over the edge. I use what I like, not what's the cheapest.
[Linked Image]
I've had cheap parts break, I've seen a bunch more of them broken. I've messed with triggers and never could get one as good as a real trigger. I've had over gassed guns that would pull the rims off cases. I've even had a mini 14....I've even heard about the polymer lowers being "just as good as"
[Linked Image]
Buy what you want but don't get upset if I don't jump up and down over the "good deal" you got.

I got a $1400 model 70 in my gun safe so you are saying you spent $1400 for a AR barrel?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Probably saying he spent more than 400 IE a cheap AR, on an AR barrel. I know I have. I think we still have a backstar that was an ok barrel, and some treatment that had a LONG barrel life.. Thinking the was over 500 bucks...

Probably today a top blank is 300 bucks plus machine work...

PS you can't go wrong with WOA or WOP. But I'd sure take the time to call them and tell em what you are doing and what you want it to do with which bullets and let them give you some advice....

Having had John set me up with a USED shilen in 6/6.8 years ago that shoots 3 shot groups touching with TSX to hunt with, well his advice is usually spot on. And he was not ever in it for the money. He'd sell me a Krieger or whatever cause I demanded it, and tell me all I needed was a shilen, and then proceed to whoop my azz with his shilens.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Probably saying he spent more than 400 IE a cheap AR, on an AR barrel. I know I have. I think we still have a backstar that was an ok barrel, and some treatment that had a LONG barrel life.. Thinking the was over 500 bucks...

Probably today a top blank is 300 bucks plus machine work...

PS you can't go wrong with WOA or WOP. But I'd sure take the time to call them and tell em what you are doing and what you want it to do with which bullets and let them give you some advice....

Having had John set me up with a USED shilen in 6/6.8 years ago that shoots 3 shot groups touching with TSX to hunt with, well his advice is usually spot on. And he was not ever in it for the money. He'd sell me a Krieger or whatever cause I demanded it, and tell me all I needed was a shilen, and then proceed to whoop my azz with his shilens.

Lol I figured that’s what he was getting at.. yeah I want a 1-7 twist and the woa spr I want is in back order status for the 1-7. I have all winter to get this put together and be ready to shoot it next year. This year will keep on rocking my budget rifle. Right now it will put 10-75gr eld-m into little over 1.25 maybe less. Won’t set any world records probably won’t finish first but I’m having fun and know what I need to do for next yr.

Last edited by 79S; 06/03/19.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You spent $1400 for a model 70?

The problem is much worse than we thought...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
the woa spr I want is in back order status for the 1-7.

Their online inventory is not always accurate so give them a call............sometimes they have stuff that doesn't show up online or they have stuff in-process.

They are nice people to deal with. Their stock barrels are hand lapped Wilson's.

Another good alternative is Craddock Precision..............Paul Craddock worked for WOA for a long time before starting his own business; he has Rock Creek, Criterion, Bartlein & Kreiger blanks & is also very easy to work with.

If you're doing a 223 Wylde & 77 gr is the heaviest bullet you are going to shoot, a 1-8" twist will be more than adequate.

MM

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR

Whatever you say big money hustla.. you made it pretty clear “US” common folks can’t hang with you and your big money hustling ways.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 79S
the woa spr I want is in back order status for the 1-7.

Their online inventory is not always accurate so give them a call............sometimes they have stuff that doesn't show up online or they have stuff in-process.

They are nice people to deal with. Their stock barrels are hand lapped Wilson's.

Another good alternative is Craddock Precision..............Paul Craddock worked for WOA for a long time before starting his own business; he has Rock Creek, Criterion, Bartlein & Kreiger blanks & is also very easy to work with.

If you're doing a 223 Wylde & 77 gr is the heaviest bullet you are going to shoot, a 1-8" twist will be more than adequate.

MM

Thanks! I like to shoot the 75eld-m bullets and they call for 1-7 twist

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, you are right about that bullet, maybe even down to 1-6.5...............I haven't heard a lot good about that bullet, accuracy wise. Most say the 73 is better. I haven't shot either one.

MM

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Yes, you are right about that bullet, maybe even down to 1-6.5...............I haven't heard a lot good about that bullet, accuracy wise. Most say the 73 is better. I haven't shot either one.

MM

Thats what ive heard too. I know the 73's do very well in my cheap azzed ar's. Actually my bolt guns love them too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m going to do something I don’t normally do anymore post my data
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass
Seated to an OAL 2.360-2.365 or BTO 1.820-1.821

Before you all go running hooting and uh hollering yelling that’s over book max by 2 grains. Take your cheap asses and buy a hornady Manual look up 5.56 load data for a 80gr bullet with AR comp..

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR

Whatever you say big money hustla.. you made it pretty clear “US” common folks can’t hang with you and your big money hustling ways.

I guess I needed to add a smiley face?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR

I guess I needed to add a smiley face?

Ah I'm just ph ucking with you..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass

Before you all go running hooting and uh hollering yelling that’s over book max by 2 grains. Take your cheap asses and buy a hornady Manual look up 5.56 load data for a 80gr bullet with AR comp..

Damn, is that a suppressed load?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What is AR Comp? LMAO

Probably should never post my N540 loads...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass

Suppressed what you talking about? Or you mean compressed?

Last edited by 79S; 06/03/19.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is AR Comp? LMAO

2776 from a 18 inch barrel. For those still using a hornady manual from 1998 max load of AR comp with a 80gr is 23.2. Most forget alliant data is for a 223 not 5.56/223 Wylde.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass

Suppressed wtf you talking about? Or you mean compressed?

Just giving you chit man... Since the title of the thread is "suppressed". Go take a nap... grin

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
What is AR Comp? LMAO

2776 from a 18 inch barrel. For those still using a hornady manual from 1998 max load of AR comp with a 80gr is 23.2. Most forget alliant data is for a 223 not 5.56/223 Wylde.

They didn't have AR comp in 1998... Geez.. You keep doing the testing and keep track of how many rounds down the tube before you blow the BCG out the back end of the stock.... whistle grin

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 43 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.