Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
I’m going to do something I don’t normally do anymore post my data
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass
Seated to an OAL 2.360-2.365 or BTO 1.820-1.821

Before you all go running hooting and uh hollering yelling that’s over book max by 2 grains. Take your cheap asses and buy a hornady Manual look up 5.56 load data for a 80gr bullet with AR comp..

Damn, is that a suppressed load?

Suppressed wtf you talking about? Or you mean compressed?

Just giving you chit man... Since the title of the thread is "suppressed". Go take a nap... grin

I cleaned it up I was being grumpy lol.. I had a 10 shot group measure 1.5 but 8 of them measured at 1.044. So it’s a pretty good load.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rost495
What is AR Comp? LMAO

Probably should never post my N540 loads...

2776 from a 18 inch barrel. For those still using a hornady manual from 1998 max load of AR comp with a 80gr is 23.2. Most forget alliant data is for a 223 not 5.56/223 Wylde.

They didn't have AR comp in 1998... Geez.. You keep doing the testing and keep track of how many rounds down the tube before you blow the BCG out the back end of the stock.... whistle grin

And lose all my fingers

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass

Before you all go running hooting and uh hollering yelling that’s over book max by 2 grains. Take your cheap asses and buy a hornady Manual look up 5.56 load data for a 80gr bullet with AR comp..

Damn, is that a suppressed load?

Suppressed wtf you talking about? Or you mean compressed?

Just giving you chit man... Since the title of the thread is "suppressed". Go take a nap... grin

I cleaned it up I was being grumpy lol.. I had a 10 shot group measure 1.5 but 8 of them measured at 1.044. So it’s a pretty good load.

Pharm just puts tape over all the extra holes and calls it a 1/2" group... Might want to try that next time...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rost495
What is AR Comp? LMAO

Probably should never post my N540 loads...

2776 from a 18 inch barrel. For those still using a hornady manual from 1998 max load of AR comp with a 80gr is 23.2. Most forget alliant data is for a 223 not 5.56/223 Wylde.

They didn't have AR comp in 1998... Geez.. You keep doing the testing and keep track of how many rounds down the tube before you blow the BCG out the back end of the stock.... whistle grin

And lose all my fingers

Well, as long as you don't lose the middle one. That is the most important one... You'll still be able to wave at people that way..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass

I use a lot of AR Comp too & my loads are higher that most (early) data for it, so I'm not too concerned until I try a given load.........................you are also seating that bullet out a ways as well & I don't believe it will seat at mag length, even ASC's w/o being into the ogive a little bit. I'm not going to single load anything.

Here are some links to a whole series or various powder tests all done with 77 gr SMK's intended to attempt to dupe MK 262 loads; pretty interesting data & on the powders that I use that he tested, it's pretty close to my results. At least it's a good reality check. Part of about a 10 part series, IIRC.

MM

8208 vs AR Comp

2000-MR vs IMR-4895

H-4895 vs RL-15

Lever vs 2000-MR

BC-L(2) vs TAC

Varget

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 79S
75gr eld-m
23.5 gr AR-Comp
CCI BR primer
L.C brass

I use a lot of AR Comp too & my loads are higher that most (early) data for it, so I'm not too concerned until I try a given load.........................you are also seating that bullet out a ways as well & I don't believe it will seat at mag length, even ASC's w/o being into the ogive a little bit. I'm not going to single load anything.

Here are some links to a whole series or various powder tests all done with 77 gr SMK's intended to attempt to dupe MK 262 loads; pretty interesting data & on the powders that I use that he tested, it's pretty close to my results. At least it's a good reality check. Part of about a 10 part series, IIRC.

MM

8208 vs AR Comp

2000-MR vs IMR-4895

H-4895 vs RL-15

Lever vs 2000-MR

BC-L(2) vs TAC

Varget

I run mine out of a modified mag, that allows me to run them from a mag. AMU started it from what I read and folks started doing it themselves. Was an outfit selling them but they wanted $40 plus bucks for something you can do for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited by 79S; 06/04/19.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep I seen all his videos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I've seen the modified mags & they are OK for dinking around on the range & maybe gaming, but I won't use them for anything else.

The ASC's are as long as I'm going to use for any serious use of the guns & any of that type of use won't require the very highest of BC's that you get with the heaviest bullets that you are shooting.

If I feel the need to go that route, then I'll build a Valkyrie to fill that niche.

MM

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I've seen the modified mags & they are OK for dinking around on the range & maybe gaming, but I won't use them for anything else.

The ASC's are as long as I'm going to use for any serious use of the guns & any of that type of use won't require the very highest of BC's that you get with the heaviest bullets that you are shooting.

If I feel the need to go that route, then I'll build a Valkyrie to fill that niche.

MM

Yeah, only problem there Gunny you can’t use a Valkyrie for service rifle shoots.. you can use it for AR tactical prone shoots, but if I were going to build another ar tactical it would be in the 243 lbc..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like that one too................my wants usually exceed my budget though. Besides, I prolly got more than I can get into a shooting rotation now. grin

MM

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hey John,

Any one other than LBC making the 6mm Grendel barrels? Barrels that shoot, that is....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Hey John,

Any one other than LBC making the 6mm Grendel barrels? Barrels that shoot, that is....

Dave,

They are the only ones I know of..

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like that one too................my wants usually exceed my budget though. Besides, I prolly got more than I can get into a shooting rotation now. grin

MM

Same here as well.. I thought about building a clone to the m110 those are service rifle approved now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FWIW, and its only my opinion, but in well over 100K rounds of ammo loaded in whatever you want to call it, 223/5.56, we ran a LOT of that stuff at probably 60-62 on pressure and that was verified by Chris F doing a bit of pressure testing with my ammo, I"ve never had an issue. 65 plus probably could get you.

I don't see that ARcomp load being dangerous at all. I'd verify its not temp sensitive if shooting in TX like we did, I've yet to see anything quite as stable as target but as long as cold or heat doesn't smoke the load, I'd say you are fine.

Why you run certain pressures in certain guns is for weak actions. The AR is not weak. Of course if you have a faulty part, not always a cheap part, but some of the cost can involve inspecting or not... then it can be an issue.

That said I've picked up some military brass... no way would I shoot those pressures.

And in many years of shooting many places I"ve seen 2 bolts loose lugs. One military, one civilian. Military I have no clue on. Civ is a friend, shooting warm loads, but had 5 barrels on that bolt already, so I wasn't all that surprised.

I run a bolt for about 3 barrels personally. Good bolts like from WOP are cheap enough, and easy to toss.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rost,

Yes, I generally agree with your comments.

But full NATO mil-spec ammo is running 62K+ if you believe Ramshot (Western Powder) data as they have a separate load data section for 5.56 NATO.

If you made a typo & meant "Varget" instead of "target", I also agree in that it's accurate, but it's slow, & you just cannot get to the velocity levels with several other powders.............check the last video & data that I posted above & you'll see what I mean.

MM

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with the varget comment I was getting great accuracy but was it slow. I recently ran into a couple lots of slow rl15. I bought this powder few yrs ago and I lost 80-100 FPS with it over the rl15 I started with. I should pick up a new jug see how it does. But right now arcomp is doing what I need it to do. But man rl15 with a 75gr hornady bthp is very accurate load, but the avg velocity was 2580. This was st the upper end as well 24.8gr. Talking to guys at the shoots they are using 24.0gr of rl15. So it has to be those two lots of powder..

Last edited by 79S; 06/04/19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AR Comp is a temp stable, re-formulated version of RL-15 that turned out to be a little faster than RL-15 in burn rate.

MM

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Hey John,

David - guessing you meant Black Hole Weaponry / Columbia River Arms? They are the ones making the 243 LBC (and 264 LBC) chambered barrels. I have one of their 24" 243 LBC barrels and am very happy with it, would buy another from them again, but there are a number of different places making 6mm Grendel-based wildcats. Some are a straight necked-down Grendel like the 243 LBC, while others like the 6mm AR Turbo etc are slight variations. You could take a look at 6mmAR.com although some of their load data on the site seems a bit lacking.

And of course the 6mm PPC is almost the same thing; the LBC/Grendel case just has the shoulder pushed .070" farther forward and is mostly designed around no-turn necks and heavy long-range bullets.

Last edited by Yondering; 06/04/19.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
AR Comp seems to be pretty stable stuff. It also meters very well.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
People who buy $400 ARs will buy cheap ammo to shoot through them.

Originally Posted by 79S
Some pretty broad assumptions by some on this post concerning what type of ammo we shoot in our sub par

Originally Posted by Bull64
I bought a 7.62 a couple of weeks ago.I've run about 500 rounds through it without a flaw.Haven't tried any handloads or anything beyond cheap Russian steel,as I have a surplus of it from over the years.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (16penny, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.