Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13861537 - 05/30/19 Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked .....  
ftbt Offline
Campfire Guide
ftbt  Offline
Campfire Guide

[Linked Image]

300 BP

#13861613 - 05/30/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
2legit2quit Offline
Campfire Kahuna
2legit2quit  Offline
Campfire Kahuna

cold & forbidden
Winning

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
#13861621 - 05/30/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
local_dirt Online content
Campfire 'Bwana
local_dirt  Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

south of south
Hope Trump kicks them in the nethers.

No Ma'am. It's not my glasses that are crooked. It's my face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

NRA and GOA member
#13861629 - 05/30/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
Rug3 Offline
Campfire Guide
Rug3  Offline
Campfire Guide

Upstate NY
I'd encourage Trump to ignore this, stick to the tariffs, and wait for Obrador to shut down the traffic.

BE STRONG IN THE LORD, AND IN HIS MIGHTY POWER. ~ Ephesians 6:10

THE REASON WE HAVE 17000 PAGES IN OUR LAW BOOKS IS
BECAUSE WE CANNOT FOLLOW 10 LINES ON A TABLET OF STONE! ~ Ravi Zacharias.

#13861630 - 05/30/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
Sitka deer Offline
Campfire Oracle
Sitka deer  Offline
Campfire Oracle

Anchorage, AK USA
Better, meet for a minute, do not allow them to make a single suggestion or comment and leave them with two options... take:leave...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Alpha

#13861642 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
xverminator Offline
Campfire Guide
xverminator  Offline
Campfire Guide

Edge of Hell....
Terrified of being the Mexican Pres that paid for the wall..................In a nutshell!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
#13861680 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
rockinbbar Online content
Campfire Oracle
rockinbbar  Online Content
Campfire Oracle

Not In The City
Has anyone told the wetbacks that are streaming in that this political posturing is going on?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
~Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum~
#13861716 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: xverminator]  
tpcollins Offline
Campfire Guide
tpcollins  Offline
Campfire Guide

Meechigan
Originally Posted by xverminator
Terrified of being the Mexican Pres that paid for the wall..................In a nutshell!

X-VERMINATOR

That’s funny . . .

#13861731 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
Quick_Karl Offline
Campfire Regular
Quick_Karl  Offline
Campfire Regular

America
There would be NO low-wage-illegal-alien-worker-that-won't-talk-back problem in The United States if "Patriotic Americans" were NOT hiring them so they can put the money of out-of-work and/or underpaid genuine American workers in their own pocket for the sake of a new bass boat or $20,000 rifle. Greed and Sloth are NOT Patriotic American virtues, no matter a person's financial, political, or racial status. If any business or landowner in America cannot survive by paying genuine American's a wage they they, themselves, would expect if their shoe was on the other foot - they should close their business and go get a job at Walmart.

I am 61 and the first job I ever had in my life, when I was 17, I got paid $10.00 an hour - 44-years later people are angry about a $7.25 minimum wage, and then they wonder why their out of work genuine American neighbor votes for then enemy of their enemy...

No one owes you anything. You get what you give. Treat others the way you would like them to treat you.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
#13861735 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: rockinbbar]  
AKA_Spook Offline
Campfire Ranger
AKA_Spook  Offline
Campfire Ranger

A sheep in wolfs clothing
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Has anyone told the wetbacks that are streaming in that this political posturing is going on?

THIS , close the border, now

RBG=3 ! Trump 2020
Bravo

#13861749 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: Quick_Karl]  
hunter4623 Offline
Campfire Regular
hunter4623  Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
There would be NO low-wage-illegal-alien-worker-that-won't-talk-back problem in The United States if "Patriotic Americans" were NOT hiring them so they can put the money of out-of-work and/or underpaid genuine American workers in their own pocket for the sake of a new bass boat or $20,000 rifle. Greed and Sloth are NOT Patriotic American virtues, no matter a person's financial, political, or racial status. If any business or landowner in America cannot survive by paying genuine American's a wage they they, themselves, would expect if their shoe was on the other foot - they should close their business and go get a job at Walmart.

I am 61 and the first job I ever had in my life, when I was 17, I got paid $10.00 an hour - 44-years later people are angry about a $7.25 minimum wage, and then they wonder why their out of work genuine American neighbor votes for then enemy of their enemy...

No one owes you anything. You get what you give. Treat others the way you would like them to treat you.

Must’ve been a good job. I’m 45 and at 17, I was only making $8.11/ hr. I think you’re misremembering.
Stop giving out freebies and people will take jobs or they’ll go without. It’s too easy to sit back and claim you have a disability, etc right now. Welfare fraud, disability fraud and the like are running rampant. The system needs a complete overhaul. The problem isn’t just illegal aliens crossing the border. Start mandating jail time for employers that hire illegals. Comprehensive reform of the entire system is needed but the scum politicians don’t want to solve the problem. They just want to get paid.

Off my soapbox

#13861752 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: xverminator]  
hatari Offline
Campfire Kahuna
hatari  Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Atlanta

X-VERMINATOR

I think he wants to get ahead of this before Trump hammers him like he's done to Lil' Kim and Xi and the Ayatollahs. No one feared Obama (outside the America).

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
#13861758 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: hatari]  
OSU_Sig Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OSU_Sig  Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by hatari

X-VERMINATOR

I think he wants to get ahead of this before Trump hammers him like he's done to Lil' Kim and Xi and the Ayatollahs. No one feared Obama (outside the America).

This.

Shoot low Sheriff, they're riding shetlands.

#13861760 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: hunter4623]  
Quick_Karl Offline
Campfire Regular
Quick_Karl  Offline
Campfire Regular

America
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Start mandating jail time for employers that hire illegals.

Off my soapbox

I'm not mis-remembering anything.

Also, your unemployed and/or under-employed Genuine American neighbor, isn't going to just do without to suit someone that is profiting off of low wage illegal alien workers that wont talk back...

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
#13861820 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
2legit2quit Offline
Campfire Kahuna
2legit2quit  Offline
Campfire Kahuna

cold & forbidden
Don’t doubt Karl’s recollections of such. I started out at $8 per hour carrying hod for bricklayers, within 12-18 mos I was making $10 per hour on the north side of Chicago. Granted the union bricklayers were only making around $12-13 per hour, but as far as I know I was one of the few non union guys on a fair sized project.

Union rules were 2 laborers for every 3 bricklayers. But I took care of 4 guys solo. Every time the boss hired another laborer the crew ran them off, including the foreman’s son 🤷🏻‍♂️ Every time they ran one off the boss gave me a raise.

Bought my first brand new truck for cash for $4400, times were good for me. This would have been 77-79

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
#13861844 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
KFWA Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
KFWA  Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Southern Ohio
alot of leaders would blink if you could park the 4th largest nuclear power off their coast in the form of a Ohio Class Submarine

You just need a president they think has the balls to follow thru

#13861859 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: hunter4623]  
bludog Online content
Campfire Ranger
bludog  Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Missouri
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Must’ve been a good job. I’m 45 and at 17, I was only making $8.11/ hr. I think you’re misremembering.
Stop giving out freebies and people will take jobs or they’ll go without. It’s too easy to sit back and claim you have a disability, etc right now. Welfare fraud, disability fraud and the like are running rampant. The system needs a complete overhaul. The problem isn’t just illegal aliens crossing the border. Start mandating jail time for employers that hire illegals. Comprehensive reform of the entire system is needed but the scum politicians don’t want to solve the problem. They just want to get paid.

Off my soapbox

I'm 59, my first real job (seasonal help at a pickle processing plant) was in the summer of 1976, for $2.35 per hour. The federal minimum wage. Curious Quick, what did you do as an unskilled worker for $10/hour back in what 1975?

Edited to add that I lived in a southern right to work state.

Last edited by bludog; 05/31/19.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
#13861887 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: ftbt]  
Quick_Karl Offline
Campfire Regular
Quick_Karl  Offline
Campfire Regular

America
Drove an 18-yard dump truck (non-union) in a liberal State. Stupid kid I was, I just liked trucks...

#13861913 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: bludog]  
slumlord Offline
Campfire Kahuna
slumlord  Offline
Campfire Kahuna

TN
My first job was when I was 15, mopping floors and flipping burgers for 3.35. (1987)
I did have a old cattleman that paid me $7 an hour hustle square bales and drive T-posts on Saturdays.

There were "rumors" of jobs on the federal military base paying union wages of $8 for bitch-boy work.

However you had to be some fatfück union [bleep]'s kid to get those jobs.

As for mexicans and unpatriotic people hiring mexicans. The mexis in Tn do not work for the evil meat packing conglomerate.
The mexis here pool together a couple thousand dollars and get a scooby-doo van and boom, they in business for themselves. Self employed roofers, drywall, painters, they buy themselves mowers and start their lawn businesses.

Albeit, people should know better who theyre hiring, I guess the average 61 year old fat feeble homeowner is glad to pay Armando $35 to clean out their gutters.

Omicron Delta Kappa 2006

#13861920 - 05/31/19 Re: Looks Like El Presidente Lopez-Obrador Just Blinked ..... [Re: Quick_Karl]  
7mmStwer Offline
Campfire Regular
7mmStwer  Offline
Campfire Regular

Upstate, NY
I am with Karl. Summer of 1972, I was working for $8 an hour, plus overtime, paid holidays etc, for my summer job at the local feed mill. Busted my butt and by 1973 I was a $10 an hour guy. Paid for most of my college expenses. I could work anytime I was home from college, especially my Xmas/winter break.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

AIH 160
Who's Online Now
565 registered members (1234, 10gaugemag, 257wby, 14Homer, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 1,477 guests, and 363 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2018 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.