Hop To
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum as well as a long time Leupold dealer I would like to attempt to clear up all this recent Leupold chatter. This thread is for you to state specific issues that you feel are relevant so that they can be addressed.

Please be as specific as possible.
Please feel free to PM me if that is better for you
Please do not post an issue that you heard your friends cousins brother-in-laws neighbor had.

Leupold is a solid company making multi-budgeted products. Some entry level and some high end. Obviously, a $200.00 scope will not and should not have the same expectations of a $1,500.00 scope. However, every product they offer can and should be expected to perform as advertised and be well made.

I look forward to this being a proactive and productive thread. Let's see what we can do to address whatever issues you feel are relevant.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day.

Please follow me on instagram at gr8fuldoug1 smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Cameras,Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes | Camera Land NY
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was this your idea, or has Leupold asked you to do this? I think that's a fair question; whether or not you're at liberty to answer is something else.

Good luck!

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Beef up the erector guts, even if it adds a little weight and that'll be good enough for me to be a fan once again

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Create accurate pictures of their reticles on both their website and packaging.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh brother.....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Doug is going to wish he had not opened this can of worms.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like my 25 plus Leupold scopes. I haven’t had any problems with them.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Ditto what hanco said. I don't have 25 plus, but the ones I do have are all trouble free.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Was this your idea, or has Leupold asked you to do this? I think that's a fair question; whether or not you're at liberty to answer is something else.

Good luck!

This was my idea. I want to attempt to clear up some real issues. As a Leupold dealer it slows sales of product (I know selfish of me) and as a supporting vendor on this site I feel it is my obligation to the members here to try and get issues corrected.

There are 2 threads at the moment and unfortunately on this, as well as most forums, once a thread gets very long it loses the original purpose of the OP as well as sometimes just becomes a bashing thread.

How can I suggest a Leupold product these days if popular opinion here is negative? Sometimes the perfect product for a members quest is a Leupold but if everyone around him is bashing it then it's not going to be a popular answer.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Leupold cannot make a post like this for themselves?

- Greg

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Good luck!

This was my idea. I want to attempt to clear up some real issues. As a Leupold dealer it slows sales of product (I know selfish of me) and as a supporting vendor on this site I feel it is my obligation to the members here to try and get issues corrected.

There are 2 threads at the moment and unfortunately on this, as well as most forums, once a thread gets very long it loses the original purpose of the OP as well as sometimes just becomes a bashing thread.

How can I suggest a Leupold product these days if popular opinion here is negative? Sometimes the perfect product for a members quest is a Leupold but if everyone around him is bashing it then it's not going to be a popular answer.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GregW

They could but won't

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

They could but won't

That's the point right there...

- Greg

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

They could but won't

That's the point right there...

Heck their representative that comes on here once in a while wilts away the minute a serious question is asked.

TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They need to buy the rights to Weavers Micro-trac system and most of their problems will go away. More specifically, it has always been the erector system that is weak.I stopped using their BR models 20 years ago for that very reason.

Last edited by TBS; 05/31/19.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

They could but won't

Guys, what about "This thread is for you to state specific issues that you feel are relevant so that they can be addressed." isn't clear. I did not start this to be yet another bash fest. I started this to hopefully get so serious input I can bring back to Leupold to increase awareness of member opinion of current issues.

In answer to "Leupold cannot make a post like this for themselves?" the answer is no in reality they cannot. They are not a supporting vendor of this forum and therefore not in a position to do something like this themselves.

PLEASE, use this space constructively so we can make some changes that you all have expressed is overdue. Thank you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Doug, I have not purchased a Leupold product in 10 years or more. I would be hard pressed to buy one now as inviting as some of their products are like the VX5 HD and VX6 HD's . When I hear reports about them holding zero , not having misaligned reticles yada yada then I will consider them once again. At one point all I ever owned were Leupolds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug

I know from my standpoint there’s not much Leupold could do to have me go back to them... At one time I had around 20 Leupold scopes and as shooting habits changed I began to notice the quality of scopes I once thought were great were in fact mediocre at best... Tracking, return to zero, failure to hold zero, inconsistent turret value, loose internal parts etc... I’ve tried to give them a chance to rectify the issues but a 75-80% failure rate on warranty returns just wasn’t cutting it...

These scopes were not the $299 versions either... All were 30 mm versions(VX3, VX-III, MK 4 etc) with Side focus and exposed turrets (M1,M2,M3) Failure after failure with no end in sight... The more I used them the more they failed... I switched brands and have been failure free since...

I am rough on equipment and shoot a considerable amount... some weeks I can shoot between 1-5k rounds under one optic and other times up to 10k depending on the clientele and what we are doing... None the less if it’s a quality product it should be able to handle such things... After all thats what the aiming devices are designed to do...

These are my personal experiences and no 2nd hand experiences which I see happen on a regular basis... I cringe when I see a client show up with a Leupold... I see perhaps a 10% failure rate of clientele optics on average... Not all are Leupold but a majority are...

It’s an honorable act you are doing and I wish you luck...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by KH1473
Beef up the erector guts, even if it adds a little weight and that'll be good enough for me to be a fan once again

THIS!!!! If they do this, 98% of their problems are solved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys:

I think we should not kill the messenger. Doug is trying to do the right thing here, and I think we should help.

I'll bet dollars to donuts Leupold is watching this thread, as they should.

Let's take an opportunity to give them constructive feedback so they can better meet customer desires.

I still own more Leupolds than any other brand of scope. Love their eye relief, weight, and overall package. Clearly, tracking is an issue that many wish to have addressed. I am in that camp.

I think this ought to be viewed as a good thing.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 63 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,437
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.