Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good? Lots.

Best? Odyssey is where my money goes.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Supposed list of who makes what: http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

Key messages from the link: Lead-acid battery manufacturers, distributors, exporters/importers, large chain/auto parts stores, or major dealers will often private label their batteries, for example in the North America, EverStart is private label for Walmart and DieHard for Sears and Kmart. These stores might have these private labeled batteries made by several manufacturers depending on the location to reduce shipping costs or to provide different types or sizes of batteries. Contracts with manufacturers might change.

That's why you see so many differing answers regarding who makes what. Retailers go with what gives them the largest margin, which inevitably changes over time and space. In the link you'll see same brands listed under different manufacturers.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rem141r
my 15 f250 is due. it doesn't get run much, less than 5k/yr.

or does it not really matter? walmart, etc? thats kind of been what i have done in the past.

I have a 99 dodge diesel that gets run very little any more. It's not parked in a place where I can get electricity to it to run a battery tender so I had a solar tender on it but that only lasted a couple of years before it crapped out. I got some battery disconnect terminals and simply turn them to disconnect the batteries when it's going to sit for a while, that's done a lot better at keeping the batteries from discharging.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Find out who made the battery in my 2007 TC30 new holland tractor. The damn thing has never been stored inside, temp ranges from low 100's above to -50. Never had a charger on it or a tender, damn thing won't quit. 12 yrs old now.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by rem141r
my 15 f250 is due. it doesn't get run much, less than 5k/yr.

or does it not really matter? walmart, etc? thats kind of been what i have done in the past.

I have a 99 dodge diesel that gets run very little any more. It's not parked in a place where I can get electricity to it to run a battery tender so I had a solar tender on it but that only lasted a couple of years before it crapped out. I got some battery disconnect terminals and simply turn them to disconnect the batteries when it's going to sit for a while, that's done a lot better at keeping the batteries from discharging.
Does the Dodge have a single battery? My '08 has 2. When did they make the switch?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
rem141r Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
probably head to wally this week to see what they got. when it rains it pours. fridge crapped out right in the middle of a kitchen remodel which is over budget. and now i got a nasty red oak leaning over my bunk house at camp that makes me not want to have anybody sleep there and its over my chainsaw skill level. i am spending money like congress these days.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

well...............

what did ya buy ?????????????

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been buying Interstate blend for passenger cars with some success from my mechanic. Replaced the 12 year old batteries in the duramax with Chevy batteries just because they performed so well.

Used to think Optima were great but was disappointed- not much help about a sure thing battery mostly choose by convenience.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
125 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.