24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Stimson Lumber announced closing Oregon operations and Moving to Idaho-Montana due to Liberals business taxation and carbon regulations....Go Oregon! Fugk’n Liberal den of idiots! 😡

https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/05/...-in-rebuke-to-new-taxes-and-carbon-caps/

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can't say as I blame them for moving on, you can only hope the good men go with him.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No doubt...Oregon was once a loggers friend. People and politics changed a thriving industry that was susceptible to economic downturns just like a lot of industry...

Ever since the “Spotted Owl” crusaders and old growth tree hugging radicals. Oregon’s timber industry has been fighting for almost every breath.

Logging and reforestation is good for the wilderness and it’s critters.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He pretty much nails it in that article, not surprised though when you look at what is happening in this state. I hope to be able to escape Oregon myself in the next 3 years if I can, fingers crossed its sooner!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Oregon and Washington state want everyone on welfare. Submit. They run any business that is not service oriented out as soon as they can.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Keep them poor, keep their votes, that’s their motto

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rickt300
Oregon and Washington state want everyone on welfare. Submit. They run any business that is not service oriented out as soon as they can.

+1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by rickt300

+1

You got that right! +1

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You Oregon folks, how much timber does Stimson control? I'm familiar with the name, but not the size of their operation. As big as Green Diamond (formerly Simpson) in NorCal/So Oregon? As big as Sierra Pacific Industries? 1/2 million acres? A full million?

Next question. What does Stimson plan to do? It wasn't mentioned in the article? Sell off their OR timberlands and buy in the new location? Ship logs up the Columbia on barges, then truck to ID/MT? (Shaver and the other tug companies would LOVE that!) Or will they just mothball their timberlands and hope for a new regime someday?

Hate to say it, but it's getting harder and harder to find anywhere nice for a relatively conservative outdoorsperson to live/work/retire. Nothing much on either coast. The writing is on the wall for AZ, NM, TX and other states too.

60 folks in Forest Grove will be losing relatively high paying jobs. That's not good for the local area. Sad news.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Beaver10 you can't log in a wilderness area. They just let it burn until it gets on USFS land outside of the Wilderness.. Every year we always hope for large fires in the Umpqua National forest. It's the only solution for habitat, since they don't clear cut anymore.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember just about every town in Eastern oregon had a sawmill. Prince I'll had 3-4 Bend had 2-3. The spotted owl the biggest environmentalist hoax ever pulled.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've personally seen the "Save a tree - wipe your ass with a Spotted Owl" bumper sticker over on the Oly Peninsula.

Also, a lot of Forks-U T-shirts in said locale . . . .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you hunt on Stimson land?

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MarlinMark
Did you hunt on Stimson land?

Yes...Both Stimson and BLM land. Stimson property had been a good producer of animals for me for a lot of years. Especially, after they made all their land walk-in only hunting. 😎

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
All three of my kids that hunt got thir first deer on Stimson land. Oregon's liberals are doing thir best to drive any real businesses out and replace any population losses with homeless.

Ours and many other logging families simply had to give up our way of life. The owl was particularly damaging.

No word on making anyone whole who was ruined by their poor research either.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I moved to Bend in 1973 to work in the wood products industry --- It was good to me. Finally sold our home in April and moved full time to Montana. Bend and Oregon have both changed for the worse, in my opinion.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
I remember just about every town in Eastern oregon had a sawmill. Prince I'll had 3-4 Bend had 2-3. The spotted owl the biggest environmentalist hoax ever pulled.

That should be prineville not prince ph ucking spell check

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LarryfromBend
I moved to Bend in 1973 to work in the wood products industry --- It was good to me. Finally sold our home in April and moved full time to Montana. Bend and Oregon have both changed for the worse, in my opinion.

I remember the great California invasion about 89 was when Bend was hit. I remember as youngster after St Charles medical center it was nothing but sage brush. Slowly it turned into homes shopping plazas.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hunted elk on Cache Mountain and there was plenty of second growth everywhere up there then. "Spotted owls need old growth to survive". MY ASS!. Had a spotted owl hit my hat one night on the way out of the woods. They were curious and semi-tame as wild critters go. They'd sit on a branch and let you squeak to them. Bet they never knew they single-handedly killed the logging industry in an entire state.

Replaced with "tourism" as the mantra went at the time. Save the forest, stop the logging, tourism is where it's at. We have to leave a better world for the next generation. Yeah, stop logging and watch it burn every year. And every year since. Can't hardly find a clearcut to hunt anymore in this state. Game declined, no food with a thick overhead canopy. My family relied on logging for decades, and it all came crashing down in the late 70's, early 80's. Dad used to rage against those prick environmentalists.

Had a cousin that was smoking hot. Came out from Denver Colorado to meet up. We decided on a camping trip up the Bohemia Mining country. I wanted to show her some Oregon history. All she could talk about was how evil logging was and how it needed to stop. I tried reasoning with her for about a day and a half and finally just had enough of her insanity and loaded up and went home. Haven't talked to her in 25 years. Crazy whacko is one of the minions that gives you present day Colorado I'm sure. School teacher of course. Makes me sick to think about how she rebelled against family, against her own blood and common sense to end up being nothing more than another sick in the head liberal.

Fucque that and fucque them, give me loggers and their families any day over these no-good trash liberals.

LOL

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
122 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.