Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

I for one hold companies responsible for their marketing decisions. What Horiuchi did was nothing short of murder under cover of authority. HS chose money over righteousness and honor. In my book they deserve to be shunned.

That's my take.

DF

BP-B6

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 308cal
Originally Posted by Dogslife57
Will go McMillian sometime before hunting season here.

You better order soon, if you want it for this year's hunting season. Depending on style, it could be several months wait to get one. I waited 9 months for my last one.

Check with Rick here at the Fire store. Sometimes he can facilitate McM orders, has some stroke with those guys.

DF

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Ok thanks, yeah the way the time goes by it's right around the corner. We're buying next years hunting licenses here in a couple weeks, our license year ends in June

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Considering replacing a stock on a bolt gun, do you favor one over the other? Anybody have both? Thanks for any input.

Depends on the purpose. HS stocks I've owned were heavy. That's great on a varmint / target gun. My only McMillan is a Hunters Edge ... a very very light stock. I like them on a hunting rifle with a sporter weight barrel.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Considering replacing a stock on a bolt gun, do you favor one over the other? Anybody have both? Thanks for any input.

Depends on the purpose. HS stocks I've owned were heavy. That's great on a varmint / target gun. My only McMillan is a Hunters Edge ... a very very light stock. I like them on a hunting rifle with a sporter weight barrel.

Tom

+1

DF

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I for one hold companies responsible for their marketing decisions. What Horiuchi did was nothing short of murder under cover of authority. HS chose money over righteousness and honor. In my book they deserve to be shunned.

That's my take.

DF

Hope you guys don't own any products made in Germany or Japan. They did some bad stuff too I think.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Horseman

That's my take.

DF

Hope you guys don't own any products made in Germany or Japan. They did some bad stuff too I think.

My relatives who fought in those theaters shunned them both.

But they are all dead and gone, a lot of that stuff forgotten.

This is still fresh. I haven’t forgotten.

DF

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

That's my take.

DF

DF

Don't forget the other...it's much more significant.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HS is an easy pass,from all angles and for alotta reasons. There's nothing redeeming in their handles and they like to prove same.

Hint...………………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve got a couple of Hs longaction 700’s for sale @ 275 each and that is shipped. Sporter and a double palmswell heavy barrel.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's my take.

DF

DF

Don't forget the other...it's much more significant.

Horseman -

The instigators of the NAZI Germany and the Japanese empire atrocities are dead and gone with very few if any exceptions. Those countries today are very different than back then. I don't hold the current generations of their populations responsible for those atrocities any more than I hold you responsible for enslaving people from Africa.

To my knowledge, Lon Horiuchi is still with us. I don't know if the people running H.S. back in 2008 are still doing so, but their response in 2008 was far short of an apology, just an explanation that they "did not intend to offend anyone or create any type of controversy".

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 06/06/19. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Coyote Hunter,

Bureaucracies like the FBI, tend to promote their problems. Firing Horiuchi would admit management made a mistake. Promotions tend to purge the narrative.

And, don't ya know, the FBI pawned ole Lon off on their contractor, HS, as their rep. HS had two choices, embrace Lon, in essence going along, or throwing him out in the street and not getting any more lucrative govt. conracts. Bureaucracies work like that. Contractors respond like that.

But, it didn't go unnoticed.

HS made a choice. I make a choice everytime I buy a product.

My HS SPL was traded for, so HS had alraedy made their profit. Actually they make good stuff. Barrels are made in house, cut rifling like Brux and Krieger, and they shoot about as well. Actions are 700 clones with detach mag. Even their triggers are made in house, steel upgrade of a 700 trigger with cut outs to see the sear. This .240 Wby will shoot 100 gr. NPT's half MOA at 400 yds. Once I fitted a Hunters Edge, it became a keeper.

I don't know if Lon was shooting an HS rifle at that fateful event.. It evidently was shooting "minute of a housewife", accurate enough to miss the baby she was holding. Still makes me mad thinking about it.

So, I'll never buy anything HS where they make a profit.

Just me. I don't forget that easily. Maybe in 40-50 years.... smile

By then, I surely will have forgotten... cool

DF

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I, like David am old fashioned and believe he has a viable point. I don't own either stock as I have found Borden, Brown and Bansner to all be great stocks that fit me well and are light enough for my use. I'm not part of the "in crowd" that feels you're not a hunter unless you own a McMillan. powdr

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good stuff sells itself and HS has Len. Congratulations?!?

Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
They got him; they can keep him.

FBI got caught on that one, and instead of changing, they circled the wagons and upped their game, shoving ole Lon down everyone's throats. HS took the bait.

BTW, IIRC, they did pay $3 mil to Randy Weaver for their misdeeds.

Hope we don't see that again. But, it IS the FBI, so who knows... Current goings on in Washington don't foster confidence.

DF

TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lets not forget the people who sent the FBI in the first place -------- Janet Reno and Bill Clinton's war on Americans.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Clinton became President in January of 1993; the Ruby Ridge episode was August of 1992.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts are rather unsettling to Window Lickers.

Hint................(grin)

TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My bad, Waco not Ruby Ridge.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by TBS
My bad, Waco not Ruby Ridge.

Even worse.

DF

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
330 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 45 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,607
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.