-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You cannot hold a CG 6-Pack or Master license with a DUI on your record. Operating a boat under the influence is basically the same thing.

Some years back a CG examining officer went to jail for issuing a license to his business partner's brother. Rainey or some version of the name. The brother had a DUI.

This little incident will go badly for the captain.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i would have but there something wrong with the story ! , no one took a picture of him! I am sure most passenger has a smart phone with them,

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, he sounds like a pretty good old boy. Don't know why all y'all would want to shoot him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He would have swam home, simple as that. As a charter boat captain for many years myself, as well as running private sportfish yachts, I’ve only had to put one “guest” in the water, until he changed his attitude a little. He was a customer who had partied all night in South Beach, on who knows what, who then got squirrely and threatened to kill everyone on board for no apparent reason. My mate at the time was a former NFL linebacker, and between him and myself, we caught the guy up on the bow and tossed him overboard, and stood off til the Coast Guard showed up. Good times.

That being said, I know a few people who know this Capt. personally, and all said that he has “issues.” Based on the findings so far, he will lose his Capt’s license, and will never be permitted to work in the charter business again, in any capacity, including owning a boat for hire. The Coast Guard takes passenger safely extremely seriously, and will absolutely pull your ticket and ban you from engaging in any fishing operation, for an event like this. Too bad the customers had to find out about this guy’s issues like this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a hunting client many years ago that came home taped into his sleeping bag.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by persiandog
i would have but there something wrong with the story ! , no one took a picture of him! I am sure most passenger has a smart phone with them,

Some charters disallow any electronic device offshore. They do not want you GPS marking the productive places and coming back without them.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep. I would have grabbed a buddy and we would toss his stupid ass over the side. Not putting up with [bleep] like that. Definitely not if i am paying to fish lol

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Some charters disallow any electronic device offshore. They do not want you GPS marking the productive places and coming back without them.

Or. could be the Coast Guard or police took that sorta evidence to help investigate the case.
In this day and age, there is probably a video...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by deflave
Is he a member here?

No it wasn't Toby! You guys are just mean!!

wink

That reminds me Denny,

Wanna go fishin' Saturday?

I'd love to Toby, but we'll be camping!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA

For some reason I have only read one version of this ...

details reveal it all started when a 15 y.o passenger [Jason Rialmo Jr] grabbed a beer from the skippers pail
and the skipper objected telling him to put it back....the kid ignored him so the skipper followed him and grabbed him.

Mr. Lopeparo who hired the vessel for the group, then got into an argument and began yelling and screaming
at the skipper before other passengers also intervened.
Lopeparo said he had hired Bailey in the past and never had any issues.

Sounds like the skipper avoided a high seas mutiny by taking appropriate disciplinary action. .. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
i would have but there something wrong with the story ! , no one took a picture of him!
I am sure most passenger has a smart phone with them,

Some charters disallow any electronic device offshore....

Passenger managed to call his family, 911 and coastguard from the vessel.

LE and coastguard couldn't be bothered going out to intercept a vessel with an intoxicated commercial skipper
firing a gun and issuing death threats...instead they waited on the shore till it docked some hrs later . LOL.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, I would have tried to work in close and punch the holy dogchit out of him, then hope someone else on board knew how to run a fu-king boat.

Trump Won!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Is he a member here?
My first thought was Fuddtardski or Middlefork Miner captaining a boat.

The old saying is, never win an argument with a woman, they never forget.

EthelEdwards sure lives up ta that.

Quite an honor, though.

Outta the hundreds of fire members that've handed ol' Ethel her ass on so many occasions, I got top billing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just lie there and be calm, Captain. We'll get those treble hooks out of your face and eyeball when we get to shore.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"Any group of five men that in some form or another couldn't convince one drunk as to what was going to take place raises some questions to me."

Ron White: " I don't know how many of them (6 bouncers) it would have taken to lwhip my ass, but I know how many they were planning to use. That's a valuable piece of information!"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
No, I would have tried to work in close and punch the holy dogchit out of him, then hope someone else on board knew how to run a fu-king boat.

Yea,my plan too unless he aims a gun at me. It's not so much that wouldn't feel justified to shoot an idiot like that,as it is that I just wouldn't want to go through all the trouble afterward if not absolutely necessary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is he a member here?

I thought maybe you started a new career. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
He would have swam home, simple as that. As a charter boat captain for many years myself, as well as running private sportfish yachts, I’ve only had to put one “guest” in the water, until he changed his attitude a little. He was a customer who had partied all night in South Beach, on who knows what, who then got squirrely and threatened to kill everyone on board for no apparent reason. My mate at the time was a former NFL linebacker, and between him and myself, we caught the guy up on the bow and tossed him overboard, and stood off til the Coast Guard showed up. Good times.

That being said, I know a few people who know this Capt. personally, and all said that he has “issues.” Based on the findings so far, he will lose his Capt’s license, and will never be permitted to work in the charter business again, in any capacity, including owning a boat for hire. The Coast Guard takes passenger safely extremely seriously, and will absolutely pull your ticket and ban you from engaging in any fishing operation, for an event like this. Too bad the customers had to find out about this guy’s issues like this.

Add to that, either you, or I, as credentialed Mariners, are required to take control of the vessel we are aboard, in situations like this. At exactly what point do you think this drunken/drugged fool would step aside and allow us to take control of the vessel peaceably?? I'm thinking the witness statements, plus the Toxicology reports would be more than enough to square things with the CG if the idiot had been dispatched. Perhaps I'm wrong, but the Tribunal would deal with the questions of wresting control of the vessel, a Florida court would deal with the shooting...…..and there IS Castle Doctrine in Floriduh….. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JeffA
I doubt the situation would have ever escalated to anyone getting shot unless this Captain absolutely insisted on it if it would have been myself and a group of my friends on board.

I wouldn't have been held hostage until one o'clock in the morning either.

Any group of five men that in some form or another couldn't convince one drunk as to what was going to take place raises some questions to me.

I don't run with guys that are.....wussies...no thats to strong a term.....pussies..nah..... oh yeah....I don't run with guys that would be that passive in such a situation as to let one drunk rule over them.

I think the guests he had on board were a bunch of whimps and their version of the captains actions (which is all were hearing) might be a little skewed.

For some reason I have only read one version of this that even slightly mentioned the first mate that is always on board on these type of charters. I think the press has ran with what they could sensationalize the drama with the best and called it good.

His online reviews states that he sucks and his boat was often broke down, was the extended 6 hours due to a breakdown that he was to f'ed up to deal with?

Charters in his area are advertising $1250.00 for 8 hours, his being a 12 hour tour is also kinda odd.

I agree with you Jeff. Also, Those that say they would have shot him, are just that: Puzzies... Plain and fu cking simple... If you can't handle a stupid drunk, what kind of a man are you?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.