Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Here's a few pictures from my muskox hunt back in April in Nunavut. Hope you enjoy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Looked like you had a great time if the smiles are a good indicator.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good job.

Well, ya learn something new everyday. I feel stupid because I had to look up where the hell Nunavut was. It doesn't look like the kind of place where you'd see a hot chick laying on the beach in a bikini. Matter of fact, it doesn't look like the kind of place you'd find any people what so ever really. Did they fly you in?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Very cool!! Thanks for sharin!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Good job.

Well, ya learn something new everyday. I feel stupid because I had to look up where the hell Nunavut was. It doesn't look like the kind of place where you'd see a hot chick laying on the beach in a bikini. Matter of fact, it doesn't look like the kind of place you'd find any people what so ever really. Did they fly you in?

Flew to Cambridge Bay, then 120 miles on snow mobile into camp. Definitely didn't see any bikinis up there!

IC B2

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Very cool

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by albertadave
Good job.

Flew to Cambridge Bay, then 120 miles on snow mobile into camp. Definitely didn't see any bikinis up there!

That's cool...........or should I say COLD. Looks like you were inside the Arctic Circle. Probably more wildlife than people.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good job.

Wow,

I would think that just the 120 mile run to camp on snowmobile would be a lifetime memory. Good stuff.

Thanks for posting!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wow! Outstanding!

What a great hunt, with excellent success too. 120 mile snowmobile ride? Yee Haw!

Congrats, Guy

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations on your hunt.

BTW, does muskox taste good?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Congratulations on your hunt.

BTW, does muskox taste good?

L.W.

It tastes great. A little chewy though, but manageable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations. Great pictures.

Last edited by Scotty; 06/10/19.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice pics! Congrats on a great trip/hunt!

120 mi. on a snowmobile......….you're the Man!

Thanks for sharing!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Awesome,,,, what about the seal,did you eat it or make some mittens? pardon my ignorance,lol

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks like a hunt of a lifetime! Great pics congrats

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by geedubya
Good job.

Wow,

I would think that just the 120 mile run to camp on snowmobile would be a lifetime memory. Good stuff.

Thanks for posting!

ya!

GWB

Well, if Alaska's Inuit are any marker - that's just a two hour run average. Less with good trail, more with so-so trail and cargo sleds. Give it 4 hours...

It isn't much for Alaska's natives to run 90 or 120 miles to attend a basketball game, then run home again. In the dark. Me - I'm too chicken.... smile

A matter of perception....

Are Canada's marine mammal regs different than ours?

In no way do I mean to disparge - that's a heckuva nice hunt - I have never had the opportunity/resources to hunt musk ox. Color me jealous.

Best I could do was some pics from the Noatak River, out of Kotzebue., a couple Falls ago. didn't find any caribou or moose tho.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by las; 06/11/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by rong
Awesome,,,, what about the seal,did you eat it or make some mittens? pardon my ignorance,lol

I brought the seal hide home, and getting it tanned. I gave the meat to the Inuit in the local community. They use it all, including the blubber.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by geedubya
Good job.

Wow,

Thanks for posting!

ya!

GWB

Well, if Alaska's Inuit are any marker - that's just a two hour run average. Less with good trail, more with so-so trail and cargo sleds. Give it 4 hours...

It isn't much for Alaska's natives to run 90 or 120 miles to attend a basketball game, then run home again. In the dark. Me - I'm too chicken.... smile

A matter of perception....

Are Canada's marine mammal regs different than ours?

In no way do I mean to disparge - that's a heckuva nice hunt - I have never had the opportunity/resources to hunt musk ox. Color me jealous.

Best I could do was some pics from the Noatak River, out of Kotzebue., a couple Falls ago. didn't find any caribou or moose tho.

[Linked Image]

The seal licence was a $5 permit, separate from the rest of my hunting licenses. There was no tag or bag limit, just a license, but one was all I wanted. I'm not sure how Canada's marine mamal regs would compare to the US.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great hunts!

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

346 members (1lesfox, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,643
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.