Print Thread
Hop To
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bought the Ryobi 18V 8" pole saw.. Came with battery and charger - all for about $115. Charged up the battery and went to work.. 30 minutes later I got rid of a bunch of low-hanging branches so I can mow under the oak trees now w/o getting my eyes poked out..

Worked just fine - and had good battery power left. So far - so good... The other makers had a bunch of somewhat iffy reviews, and Ryobi is a better outfit, IMHO....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had good luck with all the Ryobi products. I got the cordless power tool kit then picked up a cordless weed wacker, hedge trimmer and dust buster all use the same battery style. All the different things came with a battery and charger so I have plenty of juice available.

living the good life every day
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Cant beat the price that's for sure. The reviews are good.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This is timely, I'm in the market for a pole saw.
A number of friends have Ryobi cordless tools. Everyone is happy with them.
Thanks.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The idea of not mixing gas is appealing

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a B&D a few years back, mostly because it used the same batteries as my weed whacker. I've gone way past its official cutting capacity by being tricky with my cuts. Almost went with a corded one, but fortunately came to my senses.

Gotta plan your cuts carefully, especially on bigger stuff. A limb can take a bad swing angle on you and knock your hat off. Jumping off a ladder to escape is fraught with peril.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hanco

And not rebuilding carbs when they get gumed up

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Timely report. Though no in the market for a pole saw, I am in the market for a weed wacker. Have seen a number of commercials for the Ryobi. The Ego stuff caught my eye as well.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

I will say I am amazed the last three years using the Stihl Motomix in my saw and weed eater that even without running them dry I have had zero carb issues and they run a lot cleaner and start first pull even if it has been several months since I used them. That being said, the idea of a battery powered limb saw is attractive.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m still mixing gas but have been hearing good things about cordless yard tools. Friend at work has gone cordless for all his yard work. So far it’s working well for him. He’s now looking into a “robot” to mow his lawn. Looking forward to the reports with that.

My needs are probably too great for cordless to be practical. In the future if I downsize they sound like the ticket.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pugs

I will say I am amazed the last three years using the Stihl Motomix in my saw and weed eater that even without running them dry I have had zero carb issues and they run a lot cleaner and start first pull even if it has been several months since I used them. That being said, the idea of a battery powered limb saw is attractive.

I picked up a Stihl trimmer last week. Was ready to buy the Motomix but $34 a gallon changed my mind.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My wife loves the one i got her a few years ago.

One of the best things i ever got her.

Other than the weed eater that uses the same battery. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257wby
Originally Posted by Pugs

I picked up a Stihl trimmer last week. Was ready to buy the Motomix but $34 a gallon changed my mind.
\

I can see that seems like a lot (you can get it for $25 with free shipping on amazon) but I don't usually go through a gallon between the saw and my trimmer a year usually so not a big factor for me. Something not running on the other hand makes me use all my sailor words, dogs run away and small engined devices have been threatened to be tossed in the bay unless they behave so worth it to me. grin

Last edited by Pugs; 06/07/19. Reason: add amazon price

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Bought the Ryobi 18V 8" pole saw.. Came with battery and charger - all for about $115. Charged up the battery and went to work.. 30 minutes later I got rid of a bunch of low-hanging branches so I can mow under the oak trees now w/o getting my eyes poked out..

Worked just fine - and had good battery power left. So far - so good... The other makers had a bunch of somewhat iffy reviews, and Ryobi is a better outfit, IMHO....

Looks like a very handy tool, I want one! Where did you buy it? Local or internet?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I bought one last year. Now need to put the weed eater attachment on.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Redneck: A couple years back the VarmintWife bought an electric cord "Sun Joe" extended handle electric chain saw - I believe it has an 8" chain blade.
It is THE handiest darn thing I have ever used.
The VarmintWife bought it off of "QVC" channel and I was quite skeptical it would even last an outing.
It was quite inexpensive.
I bet we have cut down 300 limbs with it and never a glitch.
Plus the VarmintWife has taken it out to the west coast and our VarmintSons have used it to trim trees and tall shrub bushes out in Puget Sound Country (thick brush country).
These extendo electric chain saws are extremely useful and store easily with no mixed gas worries at all.
I believe I have cut limbs off well over 12 feet off of the ground with our unit.
Good luck with whichever you decide on.
Link added below to one like we bought new.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Link: https://www.snowjoe.com/products/su...I2-bX4gIVBXpiCh1FuQ-3EAEYASABEgLJ5_D_BwE

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by Redneck

Looks like a very handy tool, I want one! Where did you buy it? Local or internet?

Amazon - and w/Prime I get free shipping..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Redneck: A couple years back the VarmintWife bought an electric cord "Sun Joe" extended handle electric chain saw - I believe it has an 8" chain blade.
It is THE handiest darn thing I have ever used.
The VarmintWife bought it off of "QVC" channel and I was quite skeptical it would even last an outing.
It was quite inexpensive.
I bet we have cut down 300 limbs with it and never a glitch.
Plus the VarmintWife has taken it out to the west coast and our VarmintSons have used it to trim trees and tall shrub bushes out in Puget Sound Country (thick brush country).
These extendo electric chain saws are extremely useful and store easily with no mixed gas worries at all.
I believe I have cut limbs off well over 12 feet off of the ground with our unit.
Good luck with whichever you decide on.
Link added below to one like we bought new.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Link: https://www.snowjoe.com/products/su...I2-bX4gIVBXpiCh1FuQ-3EAEYASABEgLJ5_D_BwE

I have a similiar saw. 2 1/2 years warranty , I paid 99 dollars shipped.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I had one and it was dynamite for around the house and cleaning up after storms.

Take a file to blade regularly and people are amazed what they'll go through.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (450yukon, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 35sambar, 345dl, 25 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.