Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
60+ miles in Hell's Canyon, awesome

pics

Originally Posted by deflave
warden,

Have you applied to do the ridge run down there in Bozeman? I applied a couple times but was rejected.

Bucket list stuff for sure.

I've run the Ridge three times, last time was 2017. If it's not the toughest 20 mile race in the US, it's easily in the top 5. It's probably time I put in again smile I'm pretty sure if you put in successive years, you'll get picked by year three (if you don't draw the first two years). Definitely a neat race running on the knife spine of the Bridgers.

Now I'm gone so I guess I'm SOL!

I think Greenhorn does it every year. But I don't know that he posts here any more.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image]

Somebody told little Jeffrey that there's a pot of dicks at the end of every rainbow.

Boy was he movin'!!!

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This was on the way down from Wisenor Place. If anyone reading this is contemplating doing this segment PM me for some really crucial info we found our out the hard way. I can save you considerable pain. smile

Steep country. Lol

Translation:

"I got lost. Again."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Jeff- looks nice; muley country by the look of it

Originally Posted by mtwarden
60+ miles in Hell's Canyon, awesome

pics

warden,

Have you applied to do the ridge run down there in Bozeman? I applied a couple times but was rejected.

I've run the Ridge three times, last time was 2017. If it's not the toughest 20 mile race in the US, it's easily in the top 5. It's probably time I put in again smile I'm pretty sure if you put in successive years, you'll get picked by year three (if you don't draw the first two years). Definitely a neat race running on the knife spine of the Bridgers.

Now I'm gone so I guess I'm SOL!

I think Greenhorn does it every year. But I don't know that he posts here any more.

definitely not for the faint of heart smile it crushes dozens of people each year

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
warden,

FaceTime when you do this.. so I can be part of it thanks bro..

Your FaceTime is spent in a gas and sip glory hole stall...😜😎

And you went straight ph ucking homo.. never go full homo..

If 1/2 a dick suck is okay for you,,,,then you go girl...Don’t FaceTime Flave. He’ll puke on his new carpet and the wife will have to clean it up. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

And you went full retard too.. so you like sucking dick and bring a retard comes naturally to you check. Ph ucking dick sucking retard from Oregon who would of thought.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only saw a couple muleys, both small bucks in velvet, and both down low by the river.

A guy could get into trouble in HC for sure. When we were 3 days in (about halfway) it starts to occur to ya that if'n some part of your leg went tits-up on you you'd be in a world of hurt. Because you still gotta get your ass back OUT. The river trail is non-technical, but on the bench trail and the canyon trails that connect things up vertically, so to speak, they are rough trails... virtually every step you take is mission-critical and could have serious ramifications if you screw it up. There are many many places where the sketchy narrow bench trail skirts cliffs, that'd kill you DEAD, by just a few feet. To add a bit of spice to THAT, we had close encounters (under 5') with 3 rattlesnakes, and 2 of them were in the above scenario- death cliff on the downhill side RIGHT off the trail, and a rattler on the uphill side of the trail just a couple feet off of it. Would hate to be on a horse in that situation. I grew up running all over the desert in NM and only encountered one rattler the whole time.

Ticks were voluminous but mostly not interested in hanging on.

Now that I've seen it I can start to plot a hunt there. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You’re a meanie! πŸŒˆπŸ†πŸŒˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
β€œMolon Labe”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Man we are all just here to talk about backpacking and here you come screwing it all up.. good going

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Man we are all just here to talk about backpacking and here you come screwing it all up.. good going

Laffin...And, I thought you were trying to say the Richard Simmons workout was better than backpacking. Who knew? πŸ€—πŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
β€œMolon Labe”
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 hot trail miles yesterday and 5 hot trail miles this evening w/ Tiny E- relief coming Friday (so they say)

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We have been playing out of town most weekends, been doing zero swimming for the last month as a result. Nursing a back injury which has me avoiding the bike(s) since February. Started running because I was supposed to do a relay race with folks from work. Did the first triathlon of the year and was only 3 minutes off last years time, which I felt pretty good about.

Then I read about a 90 mile cross country race and I'm back to being humbled...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cwh2

Then I read about a 90 mile cross country race and I'm back to being humbled...

Congrats on your finish!

The guy that finished first in my event finished in 39 hours, two others finished sub 48 hours- so I'm definitely in the humbled club too smile

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You seem to be doing ok, for an old guy....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Speaking of old guys......did a little hiking/fishing up in the mtns. this weekend. We have near-record snow levels in most of the state and just about every major avalanche chute we passed on the road had some slides this year, some had crossed the roads, and some fairly big trees were torn to shreds.

Got back in the gym Monday/Tuesday/today, had to lay off for a while because the elbow flared up. Drew my bull tag for this September, so that give me some motivation.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cwh2
You seem to be doing ok, for an old guy....

well there is that smile

smoke- good deal on the draw, good luck in September!

4 miles of heat AND hill training for Tiny E and I, supposed to be back to a cooling trend starting tomorrow

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks. Cardio for me today, that self-propelled treadmill destroys the calf muscles.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
this am 6 miles on the trails w/ Tiny Elvis- got out before it warmed up too much

this pm to the gym (almost had to ask directions! :D)

squats 3x5 @ 80% 1RM, bench 3x5 @80% 1RM, pull-ups 3x10, dips 3x30, core

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Solid week for me finally: M-W-F - 60 min on bike, T-Th - treadmill. Was hoping to get a hike in this weekend but current plans may not allow it.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just workin' the hand/arm thing. I was thinking of adding up the pounds "dealt with" in a day; I'm doing a run of 25 of these and they weigh almost 15 lbs each before machining... they get numerous fixturings,it'd be a big number. But it's really the cranking them in/out of fixturing that gets me; can't really quantify that.

Anyway... not why I was posting... I mentioned how my body felt great after a week and 60+ miles in Hell's Canyon, and it did, we felt like we could've just started the whole loop over again when we finished (except the Wisenor > Temperance Ranch segment; never doing that again) BUT, as is often the case fo me, after several days the exercise high wears off and things do get sore. That ever happen to you guys? My hips in particular, left knee, Cyn's feet.... Oh well. Guess it's best to just keep hikin'. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Used to do the Gym but don't do that anymore! My last two weeks workout consisted of a 40 lb pack for two day and 14 miles than a 75 lb pack for 3 days and 19 miles than a 15 lb pack for another 50 ish miles. Total of 6 high mountain lakes, lots of snow, and 9 overnighter in the tent

This two weeks workout consists of putting shoes on 180 ish race horses than its back to backpacks and mountains again

If anyone in northwest Montana is interested in joining my wilderness mountain fitness club were always up for hard core hikers/ campers/ hunters that want to tag along

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 06/07/19.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Page 53 of 87 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1minute, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.