Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Arsenal SLR 100H Type 3 pattern.
Gordon Tech build.
W/ Bulgarian type 1 bayo I scored at a gunshow for 12 bucks.
No optic mount on LS either.
Some day I might put a optic on it.
My eyes are still good and the rifle is dailed in and very accurate.
Slide has been confirmed to 300m.
[Linked Image]

WO bayo.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by renegade50; 06/19/19.
GB1

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Wow, renegade. That's a lot of info. Thanks. It is the Vector I mentioned in an earlier post. I bought it about 12 years go at my then-LGS. Had them order it for me after a recommendation. Didn't know much about AK builds and thought i was getting a top-of-the-line model at the time. I've learned a bit since then, and i'm at the "the more you know, the more you realize you don't know" stage with them. Seem like if you buy an AK, you're buying a house and you better know a bit about everything in it, or know a guy who does.

My Vector doesn't currently live with me, and i don't get to see or shoot it often. I've been wanting to upgrade its sighting options for years and that's how i noticed the barrel cant. I'm not sure how it happened, though i've only put a few hundred rounds through it. A few mag dumps, too. I'll just have to inspect it better the next time i see it, then consider the re-riveting options, or just Ultimak it and go buy a WASR to use with my RS Regulate mounts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got 3.

Wasr 10
A custom built by reputable gunsmith
Arsenal SLR-107FR

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by applelanding
Wow, renegade. That's a lot of info. Thanks. It is the Vector I mentioned in an earlier post. I bought it about 12 years go at my then-LGS. Had them order it for me after a recommendation. Didn't know much about AK builds and thought i was getting a top-of-the-line model at the time. I've learned a bit since then, and i'm at the "the more you know, the more you realize you don't know" stage with them. Seem like if you buy an AK, you're buying a house and you better know a bit about everything in it, or know a guy who does.

My Vector doesn't currently live with me, and i don't get to see or shoot it often. I've been wanting to upgrade its sighting options for years and that's how i noticed the barrel cant. I'm not sure how it happened, though i've only put a few hundred rounds through it. A few mag dumps, too. I'll just have to inspect it better the next time i see it, then consider the re-riveting options, or just Ultimak it and go buy a WASR to use with my RS Regulate mounts.

Curious how you're going to do anything with that Vector if it doesn't live with you?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by applelanding

This next time you shoot it
Use your iron sights
Make no sight adjustments thru out this.
Bench it shoot 2 5 shot groups into same target at 25 or 50
Using same aiming point.
Do 2 or 3 30rd mag dumps downrange
Get back on bench fast

Shoot at exact same target again the same way as before.
If those hot groups wander more than an inch at 25 and more than 2 at 50
Chances are you have rivet, rivet holes, barrel pin or trunion issues or a combo of em.

I seen a riley defense gun wander almost 4 inches at 25 about 3 yrs ago.
Not good espically if ya multiply that as distance increases
I was out shooting the c39v2 I got rid of.
And was running the same rountine I told the older
Guy with the riley to try.
He was having alot of issues zeroing the gun and couldn't figure out why his zero adjustments always changed from cold to hot and then the next range session

Push comes to shove not all components in the gun are bad.
Might be a simple fix like repressing the barrel and setting in a new pin.
Or just sell it as is and get something else.

Last edited by renegade50; 06/19/19.
IC B2

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I live and work in one part of the country, and it stays in another part where i hunt and holiday.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Aye, thanks again, renegade. I'll copy that down to try. And maybe i can find a local AK gunsmith by then.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
20 shots 1 minute ( actually about 50 seconds)
100 m iron sight.
Mirage off the barrel and blurring front sight the last 7 or 8 rds bad....
Ran it today after doing some trigger polishing and some slight file work on my comp brake the last couple of days.

Had ta adjust sights just a little prior to this, not much though.

Had 70rds left after shooting the target.
Ran some controlled pairs and triples at 50m
Did some position shooting at broken clay pigeons and small rocks on the berm at around 115 to 120m.
Stuck the bayonet on it for 10rds.
Barrel incredibly stable with the bayo on it .
Made the comp brake feel like a howitser.
And the comp brake works really well.
Had a good day.

Need ta go confirm my slide again out to 300m on iron Mike's at Montgomery county shooting complex.
Just gotta hit it on a day with light or no wind

[Linked Image]

Original Tapco slot brake design.
Had .320 face plate opening on it.
Knew of and shot other designs along with this one in the past.
Started looking at ideas I could use from other designs on the web
And their are some funky ones for sure.
This ran good as a brake but it left some to be desired in its comp/ recoil effect.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by renegade50; 06/21/19.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lopped off .320 plate opening and made the last gas port gone.
More free gas out the front

Did notice some improvement.
Had ta adjust sights a little.
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Finalized version
Made a top rib gone.
Opened up side ports
Made angle on front.
Eased up alot of gas flow and got alot of it going in the right directions to work as a comp brake.
Adjusted sights today literally 1/ 8th turn on windage and 1/4 th turn elevation
Really good performance with it like this as a comp brake.
Fugging 20 dollar tube of steel originally that I took certain features from comp brakes costing 75 to 150 bucks.
And it's way simpler than many of em and easy to clean.
The only other muzzle device I wanna try is Definitive Arms Fighter brake for 40 bucks.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,857
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.