Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I saw this thread on Predator Masters. I was wondering if anyone has any information to confirm that Weaver Optics is/has been dissolved into Bushnell via the Vista Outdoors umbrella? It would be sad to see a once great company have dwindled to nothingness by the corporate bean counters...AGAIN!

Originally Posted by Stob
I have/had a Weaver T-36 benchrest scope, and it was not holding adjustment for point of aim. Bushnell now services these, so I sent it in for repair with the $10 they asked for to ship it back. In a couple weeks, I get a letter in the mail returning my check, and the form letter simply said they were returning my check per their warranty policies.

A week later (two days ago) a box shows up at my door with a Bushnell 6x20 scope in it, no explanation of any kind. So I called Bushnell service number, and was told Weaver is no more, gone, no more made. My scope was not repairable and they sent this as a replacement. I told the lady this scope is not a benchrest scope, it doesn't have the magnification, doesn't have the fine crosshairs, etc. She said to look on Bushnell's website and pick a scope that would work and let her know.

Well they have nothing that fits the bill, their "tactical" scopes looks like they are being phased out, and the reticles suck for my purposes. So this morning I sent her an email and said either return my old scope intact or pay me cash for my scope. I'll see how this turns out, at a minimum I want my scope back. I will have it locked and I have a set of external adjustment mounts I can use it on.

Frustrating.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hope not, really like there classic series. Could be true though as I see most classics listed as discontinued or discounted currently.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I sent a question in via contact us on their website recently. Got a response back from an email rcbs.tech to either call their customer support number or send an email to Bushnell Customer Support. So I forwarded it to Bushnell Customer Support (no idea why Mr. rcbs.tech couldn't have done so himself). Still waiting for a response from them though.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
I sent a question in via contact us on their website recently. Got a response back from an email rcbs.tech to either call their customer support number or send an email to Bushnell Customer Support. So I forwarded it to Bushnell Customer Support (no idea why Mr. rcbs.tech couldn't have done so himself). Still waiting for a response from them though.

Judging by that chain of responses, or lack thereof, it seems that this may just be true. Damm

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Dammit, all these mergers are not usually a good thing for the consumer.

But Vista outdoor seem to have each branch on it's own for the good or bad. RCBS is part of that group & I can't think of a company that's treated me better. OTOH, Bushnell is also a part & they've given me one of the biggest runarounds I've experienced. If they are handling Weaver customer service it's hard to say what will come out of it.

I have't bought a Weaver lately, but have 3 that give more than acceptable service, hope they're not going away.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In 2016 I sent a newer k6 in for service which was handled by Bushnell and sent back. All good.

For older stuff it’s Iron sight inc in Tulsa.

I have one of their 3-10x40 mil/mil tactical scopes. It’s been a good piece so far.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
They are going away. I contacted them last month about a couple scopes and was told the whole weaver line is discontinued. I was told the website still shows them in order to support retail vendors who still have them in stock.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's sad news.I just don't understand Bushnell.They axe the best model line they ever produced(Elite),and now send Weaver to the way of the buffalo.Who the hell is making the decisions in there....

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I heard Leupold bought them .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve been thinking of getting a few K4 and K6s. Maybe it’ll have to be sooner rather than later. Probably on close out?

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by philgood80
I’ve been thinking of getting a few K4 and K6s. Maybe it’ll have to be sooner rather than later. Probably on close out?

I'm not even seeing them in stock at the typical places...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by philgood80

I'm not even seeing them in stock at the typical places...

Natchez had them in stock and on sale a couple weeks ago. Might run some good Father's Day sales next week

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
While I am a bit sorry to see Weaver go away I realize that it would be impossible for all the old brands to continue since newer brands like SWFA have been taking market share away from the older brands.

What would be better?

1 Weaver is still around but no SWFAs or Athlon Optics?

2 Or no more Weaver but new brands offering innovative designs at great prices?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hmmm...rings and mounts as well?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Business as usual in todays Excel spreadsheet dominated world. I bet the CEO's get a nice bonus for chopping them out. No different then Remington and the freedom group.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
In the end you/we only have ourselves to blame. If Weaver was on a solid track financially it wouldnt have been put out to pasture. Competition is putting out the same or better for less money.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Damn, not good news. I have a couple of higher end Weavers including one on my benchrest rifle. If we can't rely on quality build backed up by a decent warranty, what else is there? The debates about this rage on the forums.

Maybe optics have become like electronics, you just have to figure on a limited useful life. Might be best to buy cheap scopes and plan on throwing them away when they go TU. And, no, not everybody can afford Nightforce, so spending big bucks isn't a solution for everybody.

I had the same thing happen with an expensive Pentax camera. So solly, no warranty support anymore.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
'Twas ever thus. Companies have always come and gone with the winds of change: economic, technological; political or social even. Sometimes it's because the family ownership dies out, or the newer generations don't want to take up the reins because they have other pursuits (like yachts, cocaine, and mistresses). It is unfortunate if in the process useful products disappear and/or customers are left in the lurch for service and support.

I've only owned a few Weavers; a couple of low power steel-tube K-models and a new K6 on my old .22. There were a couple newer discontinued models I kinda had an eye out for, but I guess I missed the boat. There's still a small market for simple, durable optics without all the gimmickry, "features" if you prefer, but maybe not enough to warrant much new development. The new compact SWFA variable gives me some hope that maybe the 6x with hunting reticle and capped dials so many have said they want might show up someday.

One other Weaver I still have is a Quik Point fiber-optic red dot. My late brother bought that way back when for a slug gun he put together. It's a bit odd-looking, and the stacked tubes probably put a lot of buyers off in that era, but compared to all the crap we hang on our guns now, it ain't all that bad. Might have to dig it out and mount it on something for sh*ts and grins.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
If Weaver is folding, that would be pretty odd since I just did some Googling and found at least one website advertising the 6x38 K6 scope in stock, with a note that said "more on the way." Also found a bunch of different mounts. Though also found sites where scopes and mounts were in stock, but "backorders not accepted when present stock sold."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
IF one would fit, either of the recent K models might find a place on the Henry kipplauf in the pipe to my house. Hard to tell until it lands. A smallish objective would maybe eliminate the need for one of the detested hammer spurs. Right now, a 2.5 Leupold already in hand is first in line.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 77 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.