Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Jerry Halfrich came out to shoot some more deer with me this year and brought me a present, one of his fixed hunters with a very hollow grind and some nice mesquite scales on it. My nephew was with me and enjoyed Jerry's generosity and walked away with his own knife. He also got some lessons on using it from Jerry.

I gutted 5 and quartered 4 in the field and the knife popped hairs again after 2 or 3 strokes on the inside of my belt.

I sent the knives to Grady Douglass in Rocksprings and asked him to build two sheaths. Grady does amazing leather work. He made a duffel bag for me out of the back skin of my cape buffalo and I liked it so well, I had him make duffels for my kids for Christmas. Grady does really nice work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thank Jerry and Grady!

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Beautiful work on knives and sheaths!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
who is who in the pictures? Great looking knives and leather work. smile

Sam......

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
who is who in the pictures? Great looking knives and leather work. smile

Jerry is in the camo fleece, I'm in the blue shirt and my nephew in bent over the deer.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by willowcreek1996
Jerry Halfrich came out to shoot some more deer with me this year and brought me a present, one of his fixed hunters with a very hollow grind and some nice mesquite scales on it. My nephew was with me and enjoyed Jerry's generosity and walked away with his own knife. He also got some lessons on using it from Jerry.

I gutted 5 and quartered 4 in the field and the knife popped hairs again after 2 or 3 strokes on the inside of my belt.

I sent the knives to Grady Douglass in Rocksprings and asked him to build two sheaths. Grady does amazing leather work. He made a duffel bag for me out of the back skin of my cape buffalo and I liked it so well, I had him make duffels for my kids for Christmas. Grady does really nice work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thank Jerry and Grady!

That is AWESOME! I have a few from Jerry he is a great knife maker.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,895 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.