Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If I were insistent on buying a gas gun there is 3 choices I'd consider. Browning silver, Winchester sx3 and Beretta a 400

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
1187 will kick less. Franchi will be brutal and will want upgrade to avoid Benelli click, even though it is a more reliable gun overall.

If you want forty yard performance and light recoil with factory loads, investigate .410 TSS loads from Browning.

"Benelli click" is a figment of your imagination. It's not a condition caused by design failure. It's caused completely by ooeator error

The franchi is a far superior gun to anything Remington has ever designed and built

Don't be ridiculous. It can happen just setting it down against a tree. I've done it with a Franchi. Upgrade the gun with a heavier spring and it won't happen. It's not worth spouting nonsense over when you can easily and cheaply prevent it.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
If I were insistent on buying a gas gun there is 3 choices I'd consider. Browning silver, Winchester sx3 and Beretta a 400

No rotary bolt heads. Those won't always seat all the way without help if you're trying to be quiet about it. You want an older Beretta. I'm wondering if you've ever actually used any of these guns.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

No rotary bolt heads. Those won't always seat all the way without help if you're trying to be quiet about it. You want an older Beretta. I'm wondering if you've ever actually used any of these guns.

Do you really think releasing a bolt makes that much noise, I'm wondering if you ever spend time in the woods. Not once have I used the bolt release or gross motor skills to chamber a round and close the bolt, has it ever cost me game. The entire theory that it does is beyond rediculous

I probably spend more time with shotguns of all kinds in a year than you have in your life. Currently my rotation of waterfowl guns includes aN a391 Extrema2, a Benelli SBE2 an M2 Benelli 20 Ga. And a New A5 stalker and A Gold lite 10

I have used an SX3, and A400 Extreme(much prefer the handling of the Extrema2).

My upland gun choices include an old 1100SF, a Growing Gold hunter, a Benelli Ultralight,

Shall I continue with my clays guns? There is A Benelli pro sport that doesn't get used much, but it's a Benelli. The A400 multi target, an old Winchester 1400, an even older SX1 and a Growing Maxus Sporting that is unfired and in the box simply because I don't know if I want to keep it or not

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
1187 will kick less. Franchi will be brutal and will want upgrade to avoid Benelli click, even though it is a more reliable gun overall.

If you want forty yard performance and light recoil with factory loads, investigate .410 TSS loads from Browning.

"Benelli click" is a figment of your imagination. It's not a condition caused by design failure. It's caused completely by ooeator error

The franchi is a far superior gun to anything Remington has ever designed and built

Don't be ridiculous. It can happen just setting it down against a tree. I've done it with a Franchi. Upgrade the gun with a heavier spring and it won't happen. It's not worth spouting nonsense over when you can easily and cheaply prevent it.

If you're putting a gun down hard enough to knock it out of battery you're not simply "setting" it. Benelli click is completely caused by the operator. My SBE2 has probably close to 6000 rounds through it almost all of that 3 and 3.5 inch Steel. The only time it has ever come out of battery is when I've done it by easing the bolt back to check to see if there was a shell in the chamber. That gun lives in swamps, boats and blinds of all kinds it's never even heard of gentiel treatment

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
2 Benelli Autos, I have never experienced this "Benelli Click". Getting back on subject I would take the affinity every day of the week over the Remington 11-87. I think highly of Remington autos but I think Benellis are in another class. I like the design of the affinity and the fact it is missing a recoil spring in the buttstock. Nice and light.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The Rem will kick less

After that, they are all capable of filling your needs.

My '71 vintage 1100 is fed a couple cases of shells, every year. Never had a problem. But, I'm biased. Having 6 1100s; magnum 12, 16, 20, Lt20, 28, and .410.

Last edited by Turkeyrun; 06/27/19.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,517
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.