-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Two years ago I had to put down Rica, my female GWP who accompanied me on almost all of my hunt and photo trips. A good friend in Chino Valley, AZ has a female GWP that we wanted to breed. After two unsuccessful tries with a male from Colorado., I located a local male GWP that proved to be third time charm. Clover is one of the two female pups from the litter and is 11 weeks old now. It should be a fun summer and fall full of adventure for the both of us.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have fun with the nice looking pup! Great pics, too!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What beautiful pup!!!!! I have one now that's 14yrs. He's getting pretty slow, sleeps a lot, have to help him up on the couch & bed, yah I spoil the chit out of every dog I've owned. If I had this one first I would have had no other breed! There amazing, hunt anything & everything very well. He's brought back ducks, partridge, rabbits, tracked wounded deer, the list goes on. The only thing he won't bring back is crow? Oh he'll go pick it up turn around & look at (as if to say really really) then goes & buries it!!!. They are very smart & will actually pull tricks on you & they are quite the clowns. You won't believe the stuff she'll do. Amazzzzing dogs. Some Maintaince sort of a heads up I guess, she doesn't have the big beard or moustache but may get more later. Keep it clean & moped up, the hair will get matted & it's a bitch to get out for you & the dog. Your in for a wonderful time in the next few yrs man oh man, keep us posted with updates about her. Will be nice to follow along. Bill out πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Mine was swimming after a duck once, the duck dove under & he dove with it, he came back up with duck in mouth. Broke ice once to get a partridge I shot, it skid out on the ice when it came down. Thought I might be going in after him but back he came.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry just saw that you've had one before, my bad, Bio out. 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a beautiful face on that girl! Good choice on getting a female pup. They can do just about everything a male can do.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Just a beautiful baby!!!!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will be interesting to see how Clover's coat finalizes. Some of the GWPs will surprise you with their final color. Wondering how much white will show as coat lengthens.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
@MT DD fan- it took a while to get a photo of her running with the tennis ball and have her face in focus.
@GWPGUY- My former Rica would fetch dove and swim out in a water tank to get hem, but a mouthful of loose dove feathers was not her thing.
@Azshooter- she has gradually been getting darker. Her 65# dad was almost black, but 55# mom was white and brown, longer coat, with more facial furnishings
@kenlguy- my preference was for a female for lack of a male's leg-raising pee-marking and I think females have better dispositions on average.
@WyoCoyoteHunter- Thanks. She was the darkest of the litter. There was one smaller male with typical/beautiful facial markings

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good looking pup.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.