Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Read post about the possible demise of Weaver scopes 2 weeks back.

Natchez has the 4x38mm for $99 a great price for a good scope!

Ted
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cool. That have some tacti-cool big knob ones too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The 2-8x36 Grand Slam is as fine of a low-power variable that you're going to find for $240...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Ordered a 4x38 this morning. When I looked a week ago they were out of stock. Wasn’t taking a chance this time. Ordered as soon as I saw the email.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone know if Bushnell will uphold the warranties of any of these Weaver scopes??

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
^^^^^^^
+1

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have no confirmation,but I would think so.May just be lucky,but i have never had anything that said Weaver on it go belly up on me.Although,they've all been made in Japan...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by philgood80
Anyone know if Bushnell will uphold the warranties of any of these Weaver scopes??

Did Bushnell buy the Weaver line?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Vista Outdoors > Brands

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Weaver is now part of Vista Outdoors...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Vista Outdoors > Brands

That's quite a lineup. Been out of the loop for a bit working in an internet free zone.

Thx

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Great price and I am thinking about picking a couple. The questionable warranty concerns me. One of the guys in the other thread was sent a Bushnell when he sent his Weaver in. I haven't great luck with Bushnell warranty

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bull64

where brands to go to die, its bascially another freedom group. everything goes to crap. The investors buy the company, lean and tighten up the companies operation, show nice healthy profits initially. Then convince big banks to make massive loans to the company they just purchased. Instead of using the money to benefit the company. They pay themselves back for the purchase price of the company with the new loans. Then they vampire out all the cash they can, file bankruptsy, or sell off whats left of the company. its amazing they manage to get loans for this crap when the strategy is so clearly repeated.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

where brands to go to die, its bascially another freedom group. everything goes to crap. The investors buy the company, lean and tighten up the companies operation, show nice healthy profits initially. Then convince big banks to make massive loans to the company they just purchased. Instead of using the money to benefit the company. They pay themselves back for the purchase price of the company with the new loans. Then they vampire out all the cash they can, file bankruptsy, or sell off whats left of the company. its amazing they manage to get loans for this crap when the strategy is so clearly repeated.

The bank and equity company investors are on both board of directors. Witness Mittens and Cerberus capital. Good old boys get richer.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Natchez has a fathers day code today that will take another $20 off. Just picked up a 3-9ao rimfire scope for $149!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That's definitely a good price on the 4x; but I have a question for those who use it: Is the eye relief really as short as the specs show in the description? There is almost an inch difference between Leupold's FXII and the Weaver K4.

Thanks

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
K6 is listed at 3.15",but seems longer than that.I haven't got a K4 at the moment to check.Weavers have never been generous with eye relief,but I've never had a problem with them being too short.I've got a late 70's V10 2-10x50 on a mdl 700 in 30/06,that has the shortest of any Weaver I've ever had.Still no problem...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RevMike
That's definitely a good price on the 4x; but I have a question for those who use it: Is the eye relief really as short as the specs show in the description? There is almost an inch difference between Leupold's FXII and the Weaver K4.

Thanks

RM

I've had three K4 Classics over the years and liked them all. IMO, they do compare to the FXII except they are a bit short on the 1" tube section and are hard to mount on a long action without extended rings or bases. If you can get it mounted, they are great, underappreciated scopes.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

If I was anti-gun and had lots of money, this is what I would do.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I took advantage and ordered 2 of the classic 6x38 Weavers.. $129.99 each. I got plans for them too. Good Deal.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (300_savage, 264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.