24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just think, you could cut-n-paste foxnews stories all day for us. And get to watch wheel of fortune.

BP-B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just think, you could cut-n-paste foxnews stories all day for us. And get to watch wheel of fortune.

laugh Wifes a quick draw trigger slapper on the remote after the evening weather when those crackheads are about to shout....WHEEL OF Fortune. sick

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[/quote]

LOL, I need to see what it'd be in 10 more years if I retired at 66, I aint relying on it anyway Slumlord, it may not even be there when time comes for me to sign up.[/quote]

Maximum at age 67 is 2861. At 66 it would be less. At 62 it is 1700-1800 or so. To qualify you need a minimal number of years paying, and they also use the amount of your income. So these numbers are maximum.

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/estimator.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yup, I hit the dirt in '63 so it sure as fu-k wasn't me. grin

Since you re a 1963, you even get less benefits than a true baby boomer.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Terryk

LOL, I need to see what it'd be in 10 more years if I retired at 66, I aint relying on it anyway Slumlord, it may not even be there when time comes for me to sign up.[/quote]

Maximum at age 67 is 2861. At 66 it would be less. At 62 it is 1700-1800 or so. To qualify you need a minimal number of years paying, and they also use the amount of your income. So these numbers are maximum.

[/quote]

Thanks Terry, I cant decipher a .gov website, didn't even know about the ss calculator till I read it in an earlier post, Wifes a high powered accountant, i'll let her do the leg work on this one. grin

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

NICE! grin I new there was a reason I never counted on ss at retirement.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[/quote]

All max, best case scenaro.

Gotcha, thanks

Most shiveled up little old ladies get about $1100, same for Cooter that thought it was awesome to pump gas at the Dorsey Doc for 40 years

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hanco
Got my first check last week, I only get 1600.00 a month because I only paid social security for 18 years, before I I started paying into TRS. My social security will go down 448.00 when I retire since I have teachers retirement. It is nice to get the extra money a month.

Agreed. That it is, sir.

Just started getting mine in Feb. Medicare has kicked in. Have my supplemental and Part D in place and humming. It's nice to go to the doctor and not have to give them ANYTHING. smile

Not counting Medicare deduction from Social Security and cost of supplemental policy, of course.

Life is good! Good luck to anyone else coming up on this milestone.

dont feel too good. that supplemental premium will increase every year as you get older. My wife is paying double now from when she first signed up. the joke is you get a little cola benefit increase in social security, offset by a much higher premium on the insurance when means you net less.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by slumlord

Speaking of work, I've had the big tractor on the battery charger all morning, time to fire it up and move some implements, then brush hog the whole damn thing, what fun, I did have a nice time building a mineral station for the deer up on the mountain yesterday, played with a small milk snake, let him live, and stomped a black widow, evil looking black bitch with a fat ass and red speck on her back. smile

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

NICE! grin I new there was a reason I never counted on ss at retirement.

WTF they got agin us 63 models??? mad cry

FJB & FJT
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: Underfunding is probably partly to blame - but listen to this regarding the legions and hordes of people who have never paid in a cent to "S.S." but are reaping "benefits"!
I was a policeman in a large west coast city for 29 years.
During that time I arrested about 100 pimps - all but one were negro ghetto spawn.
At least half of those "pimps" were collecting "S.S.I." and mainly due to "bad backs"!
This always puzzled me.
In fact in about 1995 two "Doctors" were arrested and charged with fraud in connection to ghetto types in that city getting undeserved "S.S.I." benefits.
Rampant abuse/abuses of the "social security" system is alive and well and certainly has an impact on "social security shortfall"!
I paid into the "social security" system for 50 years (age 16 to 66!) and receive a check each month that is one half of what I qualified for, except that I also have a civil service pension - thus the penalty!
I hope the "pimps" are having a good time spending my money.
Thank God I had the foresight to instigate other sources of retirement income besides the "shakey" social security system.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blame my ass! First they dump the Trust Fund into general revenue, then they start doling out money to foreign refugees with PTSD, "slow" children, drug addicts, the crazy folks they dumped on the streets when they closed up mental hospitals like St. E's in D.C., plus who knows how many "disabled" groomed by attorneys and crooked doctors. When I've drawn the money they took from me and my employer at gunpoint, plus the interest that money would have earned over the years, then the bitching about what I get can begin. 'Til then, the complainers can KMA!

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Got my first check last week, I only get 1600.00 a month because I only paid social security for 18 years, before I I started paying into TRS. My social security will go down 448.00 when I retire since I have teachers retirement. It is nice to get the extra money a month.

Agreed. That it is, sir.

Just started getting mine in Feb. Medicare has kicked in. Have my supplemental and Part D in place and humming. It's nice to go to the doctor and not have to give them ANYTHING. smile

Not counting Medicare deduction from Social Security and cost of supplemental policy, of course.

dont feel too good. that supplemental premium will increase every year as you get older. My wife is paying double now from when she first signed up. the joke is you get a little cola benefit increase in social security, offset by a much higher premium on the insurance when means you net less.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i started taking benefits at age 62, which caused some complications. my wife is ten years older, which meant the minute i turned 62, her little check doubled to half of mine.
The complication was i was working, still am sort of, and i exceded the amount you could make without them clawing back the payments.
gooberment being what it was, one letter stated withholding benefits for two months, followed by another letter couple weeks later withholding for four months and so. I finally hit the bullet where i could make whatever i want without it effecting benefits.
but the neat part because of other income every year i fall in the bracket where i have to pay income tax on that social security benefit.
which means the monthly check doesn't mean squat when you have to pay it back through income taxes of insurance premiums.
One of my motivating factors was while i did get a lower check than if i waited, the crossover point was around age 71, having gotten benefits for nine years it's only at age 71 where it would have benefited to wait. And i didn't want to be one of those that kacked one month after starting benefits, i wanted to get my money back.
I can say this, i was one of those that looked at social security as what you used to take a monthly trip to vegas. Thank God there is other stuff to pay the bills. I would hate to think i rely on social security alone.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by 45_100
If I remeber correctly Johnson raided SS funds to finance his Great Society boondoggle.

LBJ didn't take any money from the so called SS Trust Fund because the was no money in to take. All the SS fund has ever had in it is Treasury notes (IOU's for the money the Treasury had already spent). Those Treasury notes (if they ever actually existed) didn't have had any actual cash value because the are both and asset and a liability. LBJ started counting them as an asset only so it would look like Treasury had more money than it actually did to convince Congress to approve his "Great Society". I've always hated LBJ even more than I hate Obama.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think I get 1800 a month at 62. At least that is what the quick calculator says on the SS website.
That is about 22K per year.

Go for it, Terry.

I should have taken friends' advice and started taking mine at 62.

I can't say I am lucky, but I also socked away a ton in 401K, so I am really pondering retiring at 59. I can drawl on my 401K at 59.5, then get the SS bonus at 62. Worked hard to do that, had cancer once, so my time may be limited. Looking forward to those good days of hunting, fishing, and shooting.
Thanks for the good wishes.

You're welcome, and know the feeling, Terry. Enjoy yourself, my friend.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by 45_100
If I remeber correctly Johnson raided SS funds to finance his Great Society boondoggle.

LBJ didn't take any money from the so called SS Trust Fund because the was no money in to take. All the SS fund has ever had in it is Treasury notes (IOU's for the money the Treasury had already spent). Those Treasury notes (if they ever actually existed) didn't have had any actual cash value because the are both and asset and a liability. LBJ started counting them as an asset only so it would look like Treasury had more money than it actually did to convince Congress to approve his "Great Society". I've always hated LBJ even more than I hate Obama.

He was a pos, and if the truth ever came out about his actions re: Vietnam, his name would be lifted from history.. and I'm not against that.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Johnson was another criminal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Agreed. That it is, sir.

Actually, mine will go down some, Ron. I took the highest premium, highest coverage available now because of my open heart surgery a year and a half ago. Am feeling good now, but wanted to make sure I wasn't absorbing too much risk.

But yeah, those cola raises are a joke. And, I'd have much rather had my money to invest myself. Didn't need .gov to "hold" it for me for 50 years.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

One of my motivating factors was while i did get a lower check than if i waited, the crossover point was around age 71, having gotten benefits for nine years it's only at age 71 where it would have benefited to wait. And i didn't want to be one of those that kacked one month after starting benefits, i wanted to get my money back.

You sure about that? When I ran the numbers for a number of different ages of of when to start accepting payments (ignoring the time value of money and any tax issues), they all hit the "breakeven point" at age 81, give or take a month. 71 seems young, especially when you must begin accepting payment at age 70.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
88 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, batch, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,758
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.