Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: "Glock" - one of the finest, most reliable, urban, all-weather, all conditions battle weapons ever devised!
Outfit your "Glock" with night sights, high capacity magazines, top quality hollow-point ammunitions, practice and fear no situation or person.
Best value for the dollar on the semi-auto market - PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by dla

Who cares what you think? Obviously you haven't wandered into a sporting goods place and checked prices. Noobs don't buy their 1st handgun online - because the process is daunting.
And who cares what your supposed reliability experiences mean since you don't compare them to anything? The fact is that S&W makes a customer feel better. And if you do need service, (which noobs do sometimes), S&W is very nice to them.

The fact is that Glock is living off of it's name and mindless fanboys.

Still talking out of your azz, I see. Maybe you should make an appointment with a proctologist. Did you miss my point about "our rental program"? I don't need to go to a sporting goods store. I work in in gun shop that sells 4000+ guns a year. How does S&W "make a customer feel better"? Do they give them a knob polish like you do?

Last edited by UPhiker; 06/13/19.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I agree with the "block" comment. They've never "felt right" to me. To be fair, I don't think I've ever handled a single stack.

They are full of sheet metal "toaster parts." (Comment stolen from Tamara Keel, who I believe attributes the original comment to her friend "Gunsmith Bob.") That said, a lot of guns nowadays are full of toaster parts.

They don't call it "Glock leg" for nuthin'. But the issue is really with any striker fired pistol lacking a thumb safety.
My rule: If the gun you are messing with doesn't have a job for your thumb to do as you holster, you need to be especially careful. A "job for your thumb" includes pinning a hammer down or holding a thumb safety in the engaged position. With a Glock, a "Glock Gadget" gives your thumb a job to do. The Gadget allows your thumb to impede striker movement, similar to pinning the hammer on a hammer gun.

Glocks can be shot well, but IMO, they don't have a good "street trigger." That may not be your opinion. Free country and all that.

If you read up on the history, Glock has engaged in some shady business practices. Again, just my opinion.

I truly appreciate the innovation that I believe brought us guns I do like a lot better. They are a watershed design.

FWIW, I know one of the original designers. I got a hell of a deal on my one and only Glock.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by dla

Who cares what you think? Obviously you haven't wandered into a sporting goods place and checked prices. Noobs don't buy their 1st handgun online - because the process is daunting.
And who cares what your supposed reliability experiences mean since you don't compare them to anything? The fact is that S&W makes a customer feel better. And if you do need service, (which noobs do sometimes), S&W is very nice to them.

The fact is that Glock is living off of it's name and mindless fanboys.

Still talking out of your azz, I see. Maybe you should make an appointment with a proctologist. Did you miss my point about "our rental program"? I don't need to go to a sporting goods store. I work in in gun shop that sells 4000+ guns a year. How does S&W "make a customer feel better"? Do they give them a knob polish like you do?

Have ever used S&W's warranty service? Have you ever used Glock's?
I'm glad you pushed a broom around and kept the bathrooms tidy - important stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Glock has engaged I some shady business practices".

As a gun company, or the family?

This seems to have somewhat become Glock vs Smith & Wesson.

I wish I had half the money Smith has paid Glock over the years.
Liable, and patent infringement are shady, and expensive.
Smith first lied about Glock in ads, saying "plastic pistols" were dangerous.
Then, they copied the same designs. Badly!

I agree on Glock gertting fat and lazy. It's way too common.
A young hungry entrepreneurial engineer busts his else to meet a need.
Then too make his product successful.
The money rolls in, and his competitors imitate his innovation.
But now, Smith was hungry, and Glock was lazy.
Others improved the basic Glock, and sell it to consumers cheaper.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Glock pioneered a revolutionary sea-change in semiauto service pistols. Polymer frame, striker fired, safe-trigger. Makes for a reliable, durable pistol.

Now pretty much every pistol maker has seen the success and gotten on board.

I like them myself. I was an early fan. Bought mine in Gen2 timeframe, around 1994. Have three Gen2, and one Gen4. I have no interest or inclination to retool to another brand.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The firearms community as a whole will forever be in debt to them as a company.

They may not have invented the wheel but they sure as fugk demonstrated how much sense it made.

The rest is history.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Myself I don't see where the 'lazy' comments are coming from.

Seems to me Glock has remained innovative with generational changes, longer slides, shorter slides, longer grips, shorter grips, slim grips, slim slides, single stackers, 380s, MOS versions, ports, etc, etc.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Glock pioneered a revolutionary sea-change in semiauto service pistols. Polymer frame, striker fired, safe-trigger. Makes for a reliable, durable pistol.

Now pretty much every pistol maker has seen the success and gotten on board.

I like them myself. I was an early fan. Bought mine in Gen2 timeframe, around 1994. Have three Gen2, and one Gen4. I have no interest or inclination to retool to another brand.

I wasn’t an early fan. Swore I’d never own a plastic POS.
Nowadays I own several in several calibers. Wouldn’t be without one. But then I still have several 1911’s too. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glock is without peer...in simply getting schit done,by the masses.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gaston Glock did OK for a guy that mfg vacuum cleaners.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your folks tell the same story,at every Xmas.

Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Seems to me Glock has remained innovative with generational changes, longer slides, shorter slides, longer grips, shorter grips, slim grips, slim slides, single stackers, 380s, MOS versions, ports, etc, etc.

Easy.
The biggest legitimate complaints for years were grip size, angle, sights.
They really refused to do anything about that.

Perfection, you will buy what we want you to.

Other companies, designing new guns, jumped right on those issues.
Interchangeable panels for sides front, and rear.

Glock only responded when they saw market share dropping.
Sights? They still sell their gun at higher tier prices, and most will drop
A Benjamin on sights.
Others are underpricing them, with good sights.

You mention innovation.
The 17 was man on the moon innovation,
The 43, and the slimmer 19, people have been wanting that for years.
Glock responded, after their competition was selling a similar gun, for a couple years.

The 30s. Holy crap, that was easy to see and do.
Why didn't it shortly follow the 36.
Not immediately of course.
You want the me first guys to buy one, than the other.
But a year later, would have been smart.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I’m pretty sure it was not vacuum cleaners.

“Glock began as a manufacturer of curtain rods and knives for the Austrian military.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Glock

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I’m pretty sure it was not vacuum cleaners.

“Glock began as a manufacturer of curtain rods and knives for the Austrian military.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Glock

Ok. Seems like I remembered reading that somewhere once upon a time. Could very easily be wrong though. I do remember the part about the military knifes though. I think his main brilliance was in the way he injection molded the plastic for the frame.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Easy.
The biggest legitimate complaints for years were grip size, angle, sights.
They really refused to do anything about that.

Perfection, you will buy what we want you to.

Other companies, designing new guns, jumped right on those issues.
Interchangeable panels for sides front, and rear.

Glock only responded when they saw market share dropping.
Sights? They still sell their gun at higher tier prices, and most will drop
A Benjamin on sights.
Others are underpricing them, with good sights.

You mention innovation.
The 17 was man on the moon innovation,
The 43, and the slimmer 19, people have been wanting that for years.
Glock responded, after their competition was selling a similar gun, for a couple years.

The 30s. Holy crap, that was easy to see and do.
Why didn't it shortly follow the 36.
Not immediately of course.
You want the me first guys to buy one, than the other.
But a year later, would have been smart.

Sounds to me like you just plain don't like a Glock, and nobody is going to change your mind. That's fine.

My observation is that they continue to provide what the market wants. Tritium is available, MOS is available, anything from a tiny 380 up to a huge 10mm, and all point in between.

All the rest of the makers are doing their best to capture some of the market share. They have to, or sink.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The competition and innovations between makers is a good thing. Keeps them all trying to do better.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
They aren't perfect despite the hype. My gen 3 glock 19 is the least reliable of all the Glock pistols I've owned (17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27). I like them because they generally work well and there's tons of support in part replacement both original and from vendors, plus there's a huge selection of carry options.

The big downside is they're highly overpriced new at current. Mine were aquired as dept trade ins and I've no intention of getting rid of them or divesting because what I own has to work and see me thru for the rest of my days. I'm at the point where I'm done buying and changing handguns and most gear like one would change out underware.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I own two Glocks. A model 21 and a model 19, both Gen 4's. They both have new trigger connectors and aftermarket sights, nothing more. Never had a failure with either one, and honestly it took me a long time to warm up to them. They just work, make great truck guns, not out a bunch if destroyed, etc...

In fact, the G19 is what I keep in my "Go Bag" all the time with 4 spare mags, knife, lighter, compass, flashlight and spare meds. All in a waterproof backpack of sorts...goes everywhere with me....even on the boat.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In today's market Glock is just another poly frame striker fired pistol. As has been said, they are over priced for that market and are riding on brand recognition. Glock? Yawn....

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
660 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,668 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.