Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CraigC
Shot `em for 15yrs and wouldn't mind if I never saw another. Most overrated pistol in existence. Terrible grip angle and shape, coarse plastic sights and they're ugly as Pelosi. When I bought my first in 1991, there were scant comparable options. So many better options available today.

In esthetics and comfort in the hand, perhaps, but not better in any other sense. As for the sights, the plastic ones are place holders. You're supposed to pick the sights you want and install them.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shot `em for 15yrs and wouldn't mind if I never saw another. Most overrated pistol in existence. Terrible grip angle and shape, coarse plastic sights and they're ugly as Pelosi. When I bought my first in 1991, there were scant comparable options. So many better options available today.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too. Loving the PPQ M2.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I have nothing bad to say about the PPQ, either. I used to have the M1 version, with the European style mag release. Nice guns. I will note, however, that roll pins are involved in a detail strip on them. The Glock is designed so it can be detailed stripped, parts replaced, and reassembled easily, no roll pins.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

In esthetics and comfort in the hand, perhaps, but not better in any other sense. As for the sights, the plastic ones are place holders. You're supposed to pick the sights you want and install them.

Part of the over priced BS, with glocks it’s alway “replace or work on the trigger, replace sights”. Buy a Sig they don’t need anything but Ammo.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Part of the over priced BS, with glocks it’s alway “replace or work on the trigger, replace sights”. Buy a Sig they don’t need anything but Ammo.

Nowadays, you can order your Glock with several options in sights. You don't have to buy the ones with the plastic sights installed. The triggers are great from the factory.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
I had a class last summer with a Glock shooter on either side of me. One female and one male and both of them had malfunctions consistently throughout the class. It happens...

As Hickok45 says, there are some people, no matter what auto pistol you put in their hand, they will have malfunctions with them.

Your hero Hickok45

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I had a class last summer with a Glock shooter on either side of me. One female and one male and both of them had malfunctions consistently throughout the class. It happens...

As Hickok45 says, there are some people, no matter what auto pistol you put in their hand, they will have malfunctions with them.

Your hero Hickok45

My hero?? He's a popular YouTuber who reviews guns in a lighthearted and entertaining way. Do you have an issue with him? I mean, I don't like his strong support of the NRA. I'd rather he support GOA, but that's the only criticism I can think of for the guy.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Your hero Hickok45

My hero?? He's a popular YouTuber who reviews guns in a lighthearted and entertaining way. Do you have an issue with him? I mean, I don't like his strong support of the NRA. I'd rather he support GOA, but that's the only criticism I can think of for the guy.

You bring him up a lot.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by gunner500
Ugly but dependable work mule.

Yep. You wore out that .45 I sent you yet ?🤠

LOL, lord no, I only have maybe 500 rounds through it, I will say the trigger is getting smoother with use, hell, I haven't even been able to break loose and go shooting with TWR and his buds over in Ada, I should know better by now than to try and schedule ANY fun this time of year. grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I do not like locks ergonomics, but I love their reliability. I have modified a few to my likings and some are stock. I shoot them well enough that I have no reservations putting them in my waistband. That being said they are just as reliable as my Sig’s HK’s s&w’s and others. They are a very reliable platform.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

You bring him up a lot.

Really? What percentage of my posts mention him? I think the problem is that you have some issue with the guy, and can't stand his name being mentioned for some reason.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You bring him up a lot.

Really? What percentage of my posts mention him? I think the problem is that you have some issue with the guy, and can't stand his name being mentioned for some reason.

You think? What a concept

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Weak.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

That is certainly debatable. It's comical that Glockophiles are always the ones screaming that grip shape/angle is irrelevant. You realize that comfort in the hand and a more natural grip angle leads to better proficiency, right? IMHO, the steel trigger and grip safety, along with the grip size/shape, better trigger action and steel sights make the XD "better". Same for several other options available today. Like I said, I shot them for 15yrs so don't go to any great length defending your choice because I do not agree with it.

I've replaced sights on XD's too, because I wanted to. Not because I needed to ditch cheap, soft plastic.

Glock triggers are awful, even with the 2.5lb connector.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Weak.

I like the guy and enjoy his videos but do not consider him an authority or the last word on anything. I certainly wouldn't quote him as some sort of appeal to authority argument.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Weak.

I like the guy and enjoy his videos but do not consider him an authority or the last word on anything. I certainly wouldn't quote him as some sort of appeal to authority argument.

Summed that up nicely

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

You bring him up a lot.

I know I wouldn't want that old man shooting at me. grin

Trump Won!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I wouldn’t want anyone shooting at me.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

I wouldn’t want anyone shooting at me.

Excuse my lame attempt at humor complimenting the old Gent on his marksmanship ; ]

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Weak.

Nor would I. I quoted a quip of his.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
549 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,735
Posts18,401,057
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.