Hop To
#13896882 06/13/19
J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
The results of the Wa big game draw is posted.
Anyone draw anything good?

I dew a late Muzzy. doe tag, I already drew a multi season deer tag so If I haven't shot a buck by Dec. I might just shoot a doe.

Jamie

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I drew a second deer and a mudflow ML cow tag

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
An entire collection of "not selected" for me.

I'll just have to content myself with OTC for elk, bear and deer. Not all bad... smile

Guy

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
2nd deer, nothing too exciting.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I drew the multi-season elk permit.... big whoop....

Struck out on 9 other apps. I’ve now got 15 points for quality elk and 13 points for bull elk and 7 for deer. I think everyone has as many points so the bonus point system is really hosed. Dogs don’t live that long....

Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You're in the same boat as me. Wait 15 years to draw a decent tag in WA or hunt elk in WY, ID, CO, MT, or AZ. Easy choice for me.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
You're in the same boat as me. Wait 15 years to draw a decent tag in WA or hunt elk in WY, ID, CO, MT, or AZ. Easy choice for me.

Yep, been hunting CO and MT since 2002 for that very reason. One of my goose hunting buddies and his brother have been hunting a late archery season and it’s been 21 years since anyone in their camp has killed an elk. WTH would you keep doing that? He has made 3 trips to CO with me and taken 2 elk. I think I’m done applying for special hunts in WA as long as the goofydick bonus point system is in place. Stand in line for 15 years and some dude with 2 points draws!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nothing for me this year. Like others I am hunting other states. If I ever pull a tag in WA again it will be a bonus, but I will never count on it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Guys got to live a good and healthy life to live long enough to get a good tag.

Wdfw has to cut tag numbers to off set the slaughter the Indians are doing. They are absolutely rapists when elk is the topic.

That said I got a buck tag with three others should be a great time. It’s the fifth year in a row to get a buck tag.

Last edited by fredIII; 06/16/19.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Drew a cow tag in the Coues Unit.

Last year I drew a quality deer with 11pts, in 2016 I drew quality elk with 14 pts, at this rate I’ll be 60 before I draw another quality tag. I thought about not applying anymore, but then again it’s only $14 per application. It doesn’t bother me to spend $20 a weekend on beer, so why worry about another $30 for a couple of permits.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Yep, been hunting CO and MT since 2002 for that very reason. One of my goose hunting buddies and his brother have been hunting a late archery season and it’s been 21 years since anyone in their camp has killed an elk. WTH would you keep doing that? He has made 3 trips to CO with me and taken 2 elk. I think I’m done applying for special hunts in WA as long as the goofydick bonus point system is in place. Stand in line for 15 years and some dude with 2 points draws!

Not selected is how game dept addresses my envelopes. I have 21 quality bull and 12 quality late buck, plus a slew of points in about everything else. You mentioned a guy with 2 points drawing, I ran into a guy last year on his 4th quality bull tag. WTF. I have been going to Montana to hunt late Mule deer since I can't seem to get a late one in Washington. As soon as I get drawn for my quality bull in Washington I will not by another tag except for deer, and that is because I like grain feed deer.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Blu mtn,
A friend of mine and his hunting buddy drew Quality Bull tags and Quality Buck tags last year and I’ll be danged if the didn’t draw a quality hunt again this year! A lady friend of ours seems to draw a great permit almost every year or two. The bonus point system is like buying two Lotto tickets instead of just one.... I see Montana has adopted a similar Ponzi scheme. All the weekend beer money adds up to millions pretty quickly for just a few permits issued. Happy Trails

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,896 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.