Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
For twenty years of buying and selling guns online, its been “normal”for the seller to receive a copy of the receiving ffl ‘s license (email or hard copy either one)

Is this how youve done it ?or is some type of electronic verification good enough ?

I have sold a firearm and the receiving ffl has twice not sent me the copy .its a woman too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
ok

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FFL EZ Check. The receiving FFL gives you the first three and last 5 digits of their license, you enter them here and ATF verifies whether it's a valid license and gives you the address to use for shipment.

https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What is this "Selling" of firearms.

We are programmed to BUY.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Dealer doesnt wanna send license to individuals . Will only send license after individual sends copy of photo id. Sounds like an unconstitutional dealer. Sending buyer their money back.

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 06/13/19.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Dealer doesnt wanna send license to individuals . Will only send license after individual sends copy of photo id. Sounds like an unconstitutional dealer. Sending buyer their money back.

Whats an unconstitutional dealer?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
FFL EZ Check. The receiving FFL gives you the first three and last 5 digits of their license, you enter them here and ATF verifies whether it's a valid license and gives you the address to use for shipment.

This.

You don't need a copy of the FFL, unless you're shipping UPS and want one to show them. You just need to be sure you are actually shipping to an FFL. The above process guarantees that.

I and 50 million folks in the US can fake up an FFL copy in 15 minutes on a computer. Can't fake FFL EZ check.

Last edited by Calhoun; 06/13/19.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

This.

You don't need a copy of the FFL, unless you're shipping UPS and want one to show them. You just need to be sure you are actually shipping to an FFL. The above process guarantees that.

I and 50 million folks in the US can fake up an FFL copy in 15 minutes on a computer. Can't fake FFL EZ check.

Exactly!

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For phuqk's sake.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I still think an ffl that wants to receive guns should send out their license.been that way for years.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
maybe have the buyer find another FFL from Gun Brokers list and use them

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I still think an ffl that wants to receive guns should send out their license.been that way for years.

Sold one a couple months ago. And have sold a few over the years.
The buyer was traveling and asked me to contact the receiving FFL. I did and they did not want to send a copy. They did not mention EZ check, and had they, I was not aware of it.
Anyway, I told them send it or I’ll just refund the money to the buyer and move on.
Ten minutes later I had their FFL in my in box.
I thought they and the buyer were trying to “set me up” and have me send it to a non FFL.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

No, it's not been that way for years.... The BATFE says NO, the FFL copies are for FFLs, no one else. The piece of paper does not mean chit unless verified via FFL EZ Check.

Why is this sooooo hard?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
When I sell, I get either a hardcopy of the receiving FFL or a scan/pdf emailed to me. Then I verify it with the ATF FFL EZ Check.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
When I sell, I get either a hardcopy of the receiving FFL or a scan/pdf emailed to me. Then I verify it with the ATF FFL EZ Check.

Bingo

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

No, it's not been that way for years.... The BATFE says NO, the FFL copies are for FFLs, no one else. The piece of paper does not mean chit unless verified via FFL EZ Check.

Why is this sooooo hard?

Whats your source?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the few guns i do online either buying or selling i insist on FFL-FFL. but i rarely sell or buy guns anymore.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Why is this sooooo hard?

Whats your source?

The BATFE has recommended this for years and it's been repeated here 100s of time. Since 2010 I know for sure.

You can search the hundreds of threads yourself. Somewhere you'll get the info you seek...

site:24hourcampfire.com Shipping Firearm

site:24hourcampfire.com FFL Copy

site:24hourcampfire.com FFL EZ Check

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Document name and page number?

gun broker requires the seller be sent a copy. Maybe they are wrong.

S
S
Document name and page number?

gun broker requires the seller be sent a copy. Maybe they are wrong.

I remember always having a copy to show the shipping agency proof it was going through legal channels.

Last wish? I wish... you had... more time.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.