Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Who makes a good light weight stock for a ruger m77 alaskan/guide. Looking to buy a 375 ruger but really don’t care for the laminate or the Hogue stock options. I think HS still makes one but I’ve had it and didn’t care for it. Mcmillan makes them, not sure in what patterns. Is there some company I’m forgetting? Let me know if you have ideas or pictures. Thanks.

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
McMillan makes both classics and hunters for the alaskan/african/guide. There not lightweights, I have one of the classics on a 375 stainless African and the stock is just a good balance between carrying weight and recoil.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Classic is modeled after the Ruger synthetic stock? No cheek piece, correct?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
McMillan Classic MKII, that’s what I have on my Ruger Alaskan .375Ruger. Pretty sure it has a cheek piece, I’ll have to double check when I’m home.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Tang is, the rest isn't

Classic and Hunter both w/ CheekPiece

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dakotakidd
Who makes a good light weight stock for a ruger m77 alaskan/guide. Looking to buy a 375 ruger but really don’t care for the laminate or the Hogue stock options. I think HS still makes one but I’ve had it and didn’t care for it. Mcmillan makes them, not sure in what patterns. Is there some company I’m forgetting? Let me know if you have ideas or pictures. Thanks.

What endears you to the platform and what's your perceived application?

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Bristol bay brown bears. Used my 300 win mag last year but wouldn't mind carrying a little more gun. Started as a meat packer for a guide and this year I should be able to get enough time in to get my assist guide license.
Want something control round feed which really narrows it down. For factory options there’s pretty much this or the kimber talkeenta. Winchester makes the Alaskan m70 but it’s glossy blued and walnut, doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, confirmed. Cheek piece on the Classic MKII.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That Talkeetna looks like a great AK rifle!

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bristol bay brown bears. Used my 300 win mag last year but wouldn't mind carrying a little more gun. Started as a meat packer for a guide and this year I should be able to get enough time in to get my assist guide license.
Want something control round feed which really narrows it down. For factory options there’s pretty much this or the kimber talkeenta. Winchester makes the Alaskan m70 but it’s glossy blued and walnut, doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Dude...fhuqk polishing turds,go Talkeetna and NEVER look back. Buck the bitch at 20",stuff 250X's in the mag,poke GOOD mounts/rings/glass on it and simply lead by example.

CRF is a fallacy,in that you gotta PROVE every platform. I've had lotsa CRF's and due their mechanical complications,they tend to be the most needy. Don't take the bait,that if you cut a check,you are there. Hint.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Too bad McMillan doesn't offer a copy of the standard Hawkeye stock.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like being mad at McDonald's,for not "offering" a Schit Sandwhich. Congratulations?!?

Park your STUPID and look at Reality.

Hint.............

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I just might look more seriously into the talkeenta. After a Mcmillan and a ruger it’ll be pretty close to the talkeenta price anyhow.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ruger's are pieces of fhuqking schit in any/all comparisons.

Walk away,regroup and conect all dots.

Hint..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Big Sheila is right Im afraid.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Indoors,

You suck a mean ass...you CouchBound Kchunt. Congratulations?!?

You "lucky" bitch.

LAUGHING!

Hint..................

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I just might look more seriously into the talkeenta. After a Mcmillan and a ruger it’ll be pretty close to the talkeenta price anyhow.

You might also consider "The Alaskan" - Montana Rifle Company

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Indoors,

You suck a mean ass...you CouchBound Kchunt. Congratulations?!?

You "lucky" bitch.

LAUGHING!

Hint..................

Sit down and count to ten. Breathe!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Indoors,

Cite an "opinion",once you are "in" the works. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Hint...................

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Thats more better!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.