-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It'll shoot and exceptionally...to the chagrin of Keyboard Kommando's everywhere.

Hint..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It'll shoot and exceptionally...to the chagrin of Keyboard Kommando's everywhere.

Not a keyboard kommando here, lol. If it shoot's, I'll tell ya'll, if it don't, I'll tell ya'll and Bear Creek..

when I get the time, I'll mount the bear creek barrel and run some rounds through it. Thinking about just zeroing the glass (swfa 12x fixed) and then running a 50 round group, no break in, no cleaning, just shoot the fugger...5, 10 round groups, changing the target face for each, but using the same backer. That way it should be easier to
see what the barrel is actually capable of doing. The backer will have (hopefully, if this 80 dollar pipe will shoot) all 50 shots, so extreme spread, etc. will be visible on one paper, and should (?) give a pretty good overall picture of the capability. I'll try to figure out how to post pics of the process here, or maybe ask one of you folks to post them for me.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Not a keyboard kommando here, lol. If it shoot's, I'll tell ya'll, if it don't, I'll tell ya'll and Bear Creek..

when I get the time, I'll mount the bear creek barrel and run some rounds through it. Thinking about just zeroing the glass (swfa 12x fixed) and then running a 50 round group, no break in, no cleaning, just shoot the fugger...5, 10 round groups, changing the target face for each, but using the same backer. That way it should be easier to
see what the barrel is actually capable of doing. The backer will have (hopefully, if this 80 dollar pipe will shoot) all 50 shots, so extreme spread, etc. will be visible on one paper, and should (?) give a pretty good overall picture of the capability. I'll try to figure out how to post pics of the process here, or maybe ask one of you folks to post them for me.

Sounds like a great idea. Other than the question I have regarding barrel break in. Does BCA suggest a certain way to break the barrel in. Is it chrome lined and does anyone actually break in a barrel anymore? I'm talking shoot 5 and clean, shoot 10 and clean, or some other regimen.....Is it even necessary with a chrome lined bore?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No idea what BCA recommends as far as break in, but I figure I'll test it like it will be used for the most part. We have a local match, 300 yards, 5 , 10 shot strings, 5 minutes per string, with a 15 minute 'cool down , reload mags' period between strings. No time for cleaning, etc. So...I figure test it like it's going to be used to see if the barrel is worth running.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, $80?! I don't think I can get a blank for that, much less a chambered, contoured AR barrel.

Think the barrels have gotten better since all the Mexxies were arrested?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Break in. For an expensive barrel I refuse not to do it. Its so dang simple anyway. shoot one and clean. for 5, thats getting me on the paper. Shoot 2 and clean, verify, shoot 3 and clean, thats starting to tell me about my randomly picked load. then shoot a ladder and clean. Then shoot 5 shot groups of say the 3 best loads and clean. By then its not going to be fouling, all the edges will be gone. And we can start shooting.

chrome lined, 80 buck tube. Nope, just gonna shoot and see what it does, cause it will give 80 bucks of accuracy only. Generally. Which might be more than enough for most folks uses.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (19rabbit52, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 33 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,366
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.