Campfire Member
H
Glad ya kept it a flat head !!

GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
My mistake, I thought I was on a serious Savage rifle site, but it seems I accidentally logged onto my exotic car forum. Still, I enjoy the pics.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I have the "Ute" my great-grandfather built out of a fresh off the car lot brand new 1930 Model A Ford. My gramps, and then my Dad, and then me always threatened to bring it back to life but none of us ever got a "round tuit". It's too far gone now.

The old man went up to the rural Ford dealership one morning where my Gramps was working as a mechanic, with the expressed intent of buying a pickup truck (his first ever motor vehicle). Upon being informed there wasn't any available at the time, but one could be brought in within a day or two, he stubbornly pointed at a new coupe and said "I'll take that one instead. I ain't waiting around, and I got cash money." They had to give him driving lessons right there in the lot, in front of a small crowd of passer's by and the rummies who bailed out of the tap room across the road. My Gramps said he stood in the back disbelieving what his Old Man was up to, but knew better than to interfere. There was no talking sense to that old guy. Great Gramps lurched that car down the road to his farm and proceeded to remove most of the body off that new car, leaving just the cowl and engine cover in place, no windshield, no fenders, no nothing. A new wooden truck bed was fashioned, and an old wooden wagon seat installed to sit on. Voilà, a truck. It served him for 20 years of hauling fruit, veggies, and chickens over the Dornsife Mountain to market every Saturday. Jeezuz, he was a tough bastid.

My great-grandfather was justice of the peace and school teacher at the one room schoolhouse in Dornsife. One day he went out and bought himself a Model T and after some instruction drove it back to the farm. According to my uncle he was going to park it in the barn and was heard to yell, "Woah, Woah!" like he was commanding his mules as he crashed through the back of the barn. One of the boys drove from then on with my grandfather being the usual driver.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tomygun1
My mistake, I thought I was on a serious Savage rifle site, but it seems I accidentally logged onto my exotic car forum. Still, I enjoy the pics.

Hey Tom too bad this isn't an old Dodge truck thread, you and I would be in like Flynn.

LOL
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I still remember the arguments between the Datsun guys and the MGB guys as to which one was better.

Well had a MGB and they were neat, but bonnet was up more than down! Is the Datsun reliable?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We're taking the hot rod on a poker run today. May post some pics later.
Tom, it's not unusual for collectors to be interested in more than one thing. We share our other interests here sometimes.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Boy what a bust! The flyer said "cars, trucks and motorcycles". Our hot rod, a nice 1960 Impala 2 door hardtop and about 40 modern motorcycles showed up. I didn't get a chance to photograph the Impala and had no interest in modern motor sickles.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
David, All the bikes are over here for Laconia this week!!! usually about 100,000 show up. Aint hardly safe to be on the road. don

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The poker run was going from bar to bar. We stayed well behind the crowd so any of them went down we wouldn't bend the hot rod. I'm being mean. My wife is an RN and we would have stopped and rendered first aid. Some of them were really loaded when we got to the last bar. It was smokey and crowded and loud. Been there, done that and have a lot of T-shirts. We had one drink and went home.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.