Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Got tired of waiting, and went to Sportsmans Warehouse this weekend. The one I went to had a black one and a Silver one. $199.99 Military discount reduced it 5%, which paid most of the tax. Not what I expected to see as the Ceracote is pretty flat, but they are certainly functional. I'll probably hang on to them, should my son and his wife have a couple of kids they will make a good start for in handguns. I haven't had a chance to shoot them, as we have company but maybe this week.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Got tired of waiting, and went to Sportsmans Warehouse this weekend. The one I went to had a black one and a Silver one. $199.99 Military discount reduced it 5%, which paid most of the tax. Not what I expected to see as the Ceracote is pretty flat, but they are certainly functional. I'll probably hang on to them, should my son and his wife have a couple of kids they will make a good start for in handguns. I haven't had a chance to shoot them, as we have company but maybe this week.

Oh the suspense......... smile

Dave

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I didn't know that SW sold Hi Points...

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry, it made sense to me, but then I knew what I bought. They were the new Ruger Wrangler, Single Six, redone. They are pretty basic looking but seem to be very functional. Barrel Cylinder gap, seems to be fairly tight as well. I don't have a gap tool, probably should get one. They come in Black, Silver and Antique Bronze, as most people will remember, I got a black and a Silver, as that's all they had. Looking forward to shooting them.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Handled one for the first time yesterday in one of the local shops. They were having an event with ruger reps there so i conversed with him about this pistol. He stated he personally prefers the burnt bronze one as he is able to pick up the front sight blade better in bright sunlight with it. Also i expressed my concerns about the durability of the gun and he said he knows of one at factory that has over 10000 rounds through it and is still going strong. All said i will probably pick one up eventually as a plinker and maybe to carry on the trapline in foul weather. Definately quality wise feels like a better gun than the Heritages etc. Hoping they come out with a 22 mag conversion cylinder for it also.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I haven't seen one in the antique bronze yet, so it's hard to say. I figure I can throw some paint on the front sight if it's hard to see. I've done that a few times. The Silver one seems easy enough to see. I have no doubt at all that's a 10,000 round gun, at least. Steel cylinder and steel barrel, what more can a gun need. Has a good balance to my hand. I'd like to see the 22 mag cylinder myself.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

169 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 260madman, 338reddog, 360bull, 31 invisible), 1,252 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,464
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.