-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I picked up an upper on a good deal. It is a RRA Predator Pursuit 20" that I am sticking on my spike's lower. The complete gun from the factory comes with a A2 stock but wanted to see what the peanut gallery says for suggestions?
RIfle or Carbine buffer dependent upon the stock I suppose. Considering a Magpul CTR, one of the Luth AR stocks or other suggestions. Not liking the Magpul PRS because of weight. The gun is heavy enough as it is and don't want to go overboard with weighty add-ons.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have a 20" pig with an HBar and YHM floater. I put a Magpul fixed stock on it most of the time. Solid, and easy to get along with.
[Linked Image]

If it's winter/heavy clothing, I'll pin on a lower with a collapsible stock, usually a Magpul MOE SL, the SL (Spring Loaded) locks into position with no slop or noise.

This is the MOE-SL on the 14.7"
[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I've got a Magpul ACS on mine. I like it. The compartment at the bottom is a great place to put the thread protector off my SAS break when the can is on. I like the substantial cheek weld.

Don't discount the PSR. It will add weight to the back end, but on a front heavy rifle, it will balance out better. Pard just put one on a 24" fairly heavy contour 6.5 Grendel w/15" forend. It feels great and I think it feels lighter than what it actually weighs. Why the hell he wanted a 24" 6.5 Grendel is beyond me, but that's another thread.

I'm thinking about casting a lead slug to go in one of the battery tubes on my ACS because the balance SUCKS with a 9" suppressor on the end of my 16" AR.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Going to be very personal thing IMHO. Just try folks different ones.

We shot so many rounds and years with the A2, I just put A2 on mine and I"m happy. I could probably play around and find something I like more, yet I"ve never had a failure issue with the A2. Wife actually ran A1 since it was a bit shorter

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
All great suggestions. Its all based on personal preference for sure. Like someone else said, dont discount the PRS. It has a lot of adjustment and will help to balance out a barrel heavy rifle. Its actually my favorite stock. The new gen 3 has more adjustment than the previous models. The luth AR stocks look cool, but everytime i really look at them, they look clunky and i opt for the PRS.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 358WCF, 673, 13 invisible), 1,568 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.