Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There's two different types of grip comfort, IMO. I'll agree that in static holding, the M&P feels more comfortable than a Glock. However, when firing, in sharper recoiling guns like the .40, the Glock feels more comfortable since the recoil is spread over the wider and squarer backstrap. I wish people would stop saying the Glock grip angle is "wrong". It may be wrong for them, but not for others. Like I mentioned earlier, nobody complains about the grip angle of a Ruger Mark-whatever or a Luger.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by CraigC
Shot `em for 15yrs and wouldn't mind if I never saw another. Most overrated pistol in existence. Terrible grip angle and shape, coarse plastic sights and they're ugly as Pelosi. When I bought my first in 1991, there were scant comparable options. So many better options available today.

In esthetics and comfort in the hand, perhaps, but not better in any other sense. As for the sights, the plastic ones are place holders. You're supposed to pick the sights you want and install them.

TRH, You aren't "supposed" to pick the sights you want, it is a necessity. Gaston didn't design that into the gun for that purpose. Plastic sights are cheap and fit the concept. End user be damned. Which drives the price up even more for the knowledgeable shooter. Ignoring and cherry picking doesn't make the Glock negatives go away. It does shed light on a lack of experience and objectivity of the person banging the drum. I'm not anti Glock, I still own a G19 and a G20. I've carried the G22 professionally for years and shot a lot of government supplied ammo through it. I shoot Glock guns very well. With that said, they aren't magical machines that never malfunction or break. In today's gun world they aren't special in any particular way. There are lots of options on the market as good and in some respects better than Glock.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Like I mentioned earlier, nobody complains about the grip angle of a Ruger Mark-whatever or a Luger.

I do and it's why I no longer own one. HUGE preference for the 22/45 or Buckmark.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CraigC
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Like I mentioned earlier, nobody complains about the grip angle of a Ruger Mark-whatever or a Luger.

I do and it's why I no longer own one. HUGE preference for the 22/45 or Buckmark.

You beat me to the post and I couldn't agree more. The Ruger Standard and MK Series target 22s are good designs with shi-tay ergos. I used to buy or trade for them and immediately start looking for corrective grips. I finally washed my hands of them. I have no time for troublesome guns, women, dogs, horses etc. Fit or get and don't lollygag around about it.

The next 22 auto purchased here will be a Browning Buckmark or maybe a 1911-22.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Getting back to the original question, if it weren't for Glocks, what would all the stipplers do for a living?

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jwp475

My hero?? He's a popular YouTuber who reviews guns in a lighthearted and entertaining way. Do you have an issue with him? I mean, I don't like his strong support of the NRA. I'd rather he support GOA, but that's the only criticism I can think of for the guy.

You bring him up a lot.

Really? What percentage of my posts mention him? I think the problem is that you have some issue with the guy, and can't stand his name being mentioned for some reason.

Don't know what percentage of your posts mention him but I can't think of another poster who brings him up as often.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
He's a big gun celeb on YouTube. Why should it be odd if his name is occasionally mentioned on a gun site? What do you have against him?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hickock is a good shot and an affable sort. The guy must be a retired teacher as he sets his 'reviews' up to kill an hour of classroom time, including discussion. He bores me to tears and I never watch more than 5 minutes of his videos, fast forwarding like a mofo.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
And then there is Nut-n-fancy. Great information but long and drawn out.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've watched a few of Hickock45's vids. There is always good info in there, but good god, he can prattle on and on.

I haven't watched any of his vids lately, just too painful. If he would distill them down to under 10 minutes, I'd check them out.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
To stay down the Hickcock45 rabbit hole, it is kind of cool when he shoots something big and slow (think .45 ACP) at that big, distant gong. When the camera guy zooms in on the gong, due to the "compression of distance", you can often see the bullets in flight before they strike the gong.

Hickcock can stretch things out a bit much, but at least he doesn't try to be the expert some other YouTubers claim to be. There is one survivalist guy, who primarily reviews knives, that for some reason really sticks in my craw. WAY full of his bad self!

BUT a true delight is Kirsten Joy Weiss. Hotter than burning toast, but in a wholesome sort of way, smart, fun to watch, and she can flat shoot. She was shooting at an egg, 300 yards, with a .22, from STANDING!, and showing her misses. It took her about 12 shots to hit the egg, but I believe every shot would have stayed on a 10" paper plate. Scary accurate! Some will say she edits out the big misses, but I don't think so. She just doesn't seem to be into looking like an expert.

Last edited by GunDoc7; 06/18/19.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Count me in as a fan of Hickok45

Seems like a good guy and he can shoot pretty good too

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ain't hard to pick out the butt hurt glock fanBOYSZ .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a Glock 19, 20, and 22 about 20 years ago and have modified them and overloaded them.

They would be a great gun for a cop and open carry.

Right now I have the Ruger LCP with laser in my shirt pocket. Can't put a Glock in that pocket, it would not fit.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Its a shame that they work as good as they do, that's the only thing they have going for them. I rate G17/19 as good dependable SD firearms mine just work when asked to do so, OTOH the SIG P365 is a better CCW firearm than the G43 or Shield.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I got a Glock 19, 20, and 22 about 20 years ago and have modified them and overloaded them.

Right now I have the Ruger LCP with laser in my shirt pocket. Can't put a Glock in that pocket, it would not fit.

Closest Glock to a pants pocket gun is the Model 42.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I have the 42 IWB right now... Love this model

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DAMARA

You can wear that IWB all day and forget you're carrying a handgun.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DAMARA

You can wear that IWB all day and forget you're carrying a handgun.

You really can and with the the Hyve +2, I'm holding 9 Underwood XTP+P

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't have much use for pistols.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.