Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If I see a rattler up there, he's gettin skint, thrown on the grill, and his rattles made into a necklace for me. Or, he can just eat me.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a rattler creep into a foxhole during war games at Ft Campbell, KY. One fella claimed they were good eatin'! We skinned him out and 'kababed him on a Jeep dipstick. He was WAY better than MRE's. I still have the rattle.

An armed society is a polite society.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wish I could come up with a 375 and/or 38-55 shot load. Closest I've been able to come up with is a 3 lead ball load that's good for grouse to 20 yards.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rakkasan
Had a rattler creep into a foxhole during war games at Ft Campbell, KY. One fella claimed they were good eatin'! We skinned him out and 'kababed him on a Jeep dipstick. He was WAY better than MRE's. I still have the rattle.

I don't kill snakes anymore. They're more beneficial than dangerous. (venomous aside)
I just move them or ignore them. Let a garter snake loose in the timbers around my garden. Haven't seen evidence of a mouse in years. Learned that trick from my Grampa, he released snakes in his corn crib.

Some timber rattlers in my area, but the sound of a lawn mower or chainsaw and they move to a more quiet hill.

Don't worry about Noxen. Joe will have snake bite kits for all attendees. Bring your own snake boots though. smile

[Linked Image]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Regarding sucking venom out of a bite: sorry, Roy, if you get bit on the end of your you-know-what you're gonna die, and we get to divvy up your stuff.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That joke was going around when I was at Camp Pendleton. Actually the joke was that the guy with the bitten guy went to the phone and called a hospital and they said cut an X over the bite and suck out the poison. They guy asked them what would happen if he didn't do that and they said the bitten guy would die. He returned to the bitten guy and said, "you're gonna die!"

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't kill them anymore. I have never seen a rattler in my neighborhood, but am aware that they are around.

As a kid, my Mom got bit on the foot by a copperhead. It made her pretty sick at the time. Bothered her for years but no permanent damage. I "harvested" 30 to 40 of them after that 'til I was 20 something. The last one I saw was 1991.

Sunshine has a six or seven foot red tailed boa that lives in our house. We have no mice...

An armed society is a polite society.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by Rakkasan

I don't kill snakes anymore. They're more beneficial than dangerous. (venomous aside)
I just move them or ignore them. Let a garter snake loose in the timbers around my garden. Haven't seen evidence of a mouse in years. Learned that trick from my Grampa, he released snakes in his corn crib.

Some timber rattlers in my area, but the sound of a lawn mower or chainsaw and they move to a more quiet hill.

Don't worry about Noxen. Joe will have snake bite kits for all attendees. Bring your own snake boots though. smile

[Linked Image]

My snake boots are a pair of rubber Shimano boat shoes, they are all I wear year round, even in the snow. I have a brand new pair for Church.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Getting closer by the day, felt this should be bumped back up. Looking forward to putting on the 10 lbs I just lost in August. If nothing else(to which there be plenty of) I am salivating on seeing some new old friends, and apologizing to them on my behavior last year. : crazy and making a few new ones that will have stories to take back home and tell folks just how demented we are! For a bunch of classless beer swirreling folks, youz guyz are the best group of totally class acts to be found in a 50 mile radius. wink
Hell, maybe a 75 mile radius.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A little over a month away. I’m looking forward to another great time with my Savage brothers.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Taking a few days off now, looking forward to August too!

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe;

Due to both an unexpected work schedule change and a family care issue on top of that, I'll miss the gathering this year, regretfully. I know you'll have a great time! I'll plan to see you at the next one.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We’ll miss ya Steve. Cant control the unexpected. We will catch you at the next one.

Joe

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Could one of the hosts of this soiree please post or PM the address in Pa.. I'll be heading to my camp in the Catskills soon and won't have internet access once I'm on the road. I'd like to be able to punch it into my truck GPS so that I'm all set when the time comes. Thanks.

Tim

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is the address to the Savage Rendezvous. This will get you to the Noxen Food Mart in town using your GPS. Follow my directions from there to the cabin. I will have signs posted at the 3 turns you need to make to get there. It is approximately 3 miles from the store to the cabin.
Any questions ask here or pm me. Thanks. Joe.
3592 State RT 29
Noxen Pa.
Keith will be posting the map from the store to the cabin shortly.

Joe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is the map. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/medium/77577.jpg%5B/img

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
[Linked Image]

Ima be the guy in the back seat drinking Joe Martin's rum, so pass this long to him so as we make it on schedule. LOL.

Last edited by Fireball2; 07/28/19.

LOL
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Going to Miss this year, Plan on coming to the next one tho! you fellows will be in my thoughts!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saddlering
Going to Miss this year, Plan on coming to the next one tho! you fellows will be in my thoughts!

We’ll catch ya at the next one John!!

Joe

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 44mc, Ashworth, 10 invisible), 1,262 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,262
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.