Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Yeah look at those little terrors just hoping and praying JoeBob will be along to tell them all about the job he used to have.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idunno......looks like maybe they aren't sufficiently anesthetized.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Yeah look at those little terrors just hoping and praying JoeBob will be along to tell them all about the job he used to have.

[Linked Image]

The first thing I would tell him is how to use a fork so that he doesn’t look like an animal.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Lmao

That would go over really well for you I’m sure.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
Don't do this.

IMHO, this depends on the environment and the age of the child.. When child's with parents it can be OK if done properly and with some distance involved, i.e., not nose-to-nose... Also is/can be done in small-town cafes or at local sporting events..... less and less so re: the bigger and bigger the city.. FWIW..

Mmmm, nope.

Just don't do it.

Well, in today's world, you're probably right... Too bad that trust is not a human factor any longer..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The first thing I would tell him is how to use a fork so that he doesn’t look like an animal.
Lmao
That would go over really well for you I’m sure.

Fork usage? looks fine to me.

Dunking his sausage in the ketchup? You need to nip that in the bud.

Ill go no further with that for obvious reasons.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Tell the parents of crying children that their kid needs a good shaking. The whole store goes silent.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
So I guess if I come upon a youngster in a supermarket or mall that has obviously lost his parent, I ought to walk on by and think "Your on your own kid""
Some people get paranoid about non problems.Maybe you should just keep your kid locked up at home. One a$$ hole teaching his kids to grow up the same telling people to fugoff.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by saddlesore
So I guess if I come upon a youngster in a supermarket or mall that has obviously lost his parent, I ought to walk on by and think "Your on your own kid""
Some people get paranoid about non problems.Maybe you should just keep your kid locked up at home. One a$$ hole teaching his kids to grow up the same telling people to fugoff.

Sure thing, gramps.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by lvmiker
Tell the parents of crying children that their kid needs a good shaking. The whole store goes silent.

mike r

Brings to mind the time a few years back and I felt like shaking the holy crap out of the young teenybopper acting mother of a little boy of about 3 +/- years old that was crying and sobbing hard and had been for a good while. It wasn't a temper tantrum kind of crying but a pitiful hurting kind of crying. The kid was laying down inside the cart, looked feverish, had a persistent congested cough. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't well at all. All the while his young mother and another young girl about the same age were gabbing and giggling endlessly showing each other whatever back and forth on their 'smart' phones, totally oblivious the little boy's crying and misery.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wow quite the educational thread. I was raised to the line of thought that everyone was innocent till proved guilty. Liberals believe your not guilty of anything unless caught and convicted even if you are guilty of doing something that you aren't convicted of. When you have a CDL you have to prove your innocence by a piss test for drugs or your guilty of using controlled substances. And now for the final insult if you talk to a child you are a pedo. JFC damned glad in 9 months I am retiring and only coming to town twice a month for supplies . On the internet I can hear all of you, not so face to face. JFC what have we become?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Those kids are just pissed they are Florida

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
My observation is that the ratio of jerks and misfits in the parental population is far, far higher than the ratio of dangerous and difficult folks in the population over 65 years of age. Noting the above post, in any particular case the encounter between a little kid and an elderly person could be the most positive thing that happened for that kid - and the parents - that day. Old folks have no entitlements beyond those of other folks, and certainly are not entitled to engage little kids without acceptance by the kids' parents. It certainly seems that some important social concepts have been weakened or lost during the past 30 or 40 years, and some posts here reflect such loss.

Let's try this again...The positive interaction that ends without harm can be detrimental to the child.
It instills in the child that talking to strangers ends well. The parent that allows it is teaching by example. This is not a good thing to teach small children. I'm going to break my arm patting myself on the back over this. Seems this PSA was more necessary than I'd realized.
Yes, maybe try again - because you are not projecting much logic or sense here. Maybe some positive interaction that ends without harm could wind up being harmful to the child - that seems a vague assumption or proposition - but all sorts of seemingly harmless interactions might be harmful to that particular child. You seem to be straining after a gnat on this stuff - maybe trying to salvage an OP that still seems quite odd. Your broken arm may have come from naught. I think that you can do better than this - much better.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Like I said, it’s a PSA.

Not a discussion.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
My observation is that the ratio of jerks and misfits in the parental population is far, far higher than the ratio of dangerous and difficult folks in the population over 65 years of age. Noting the above post, in any particular case the encounter between a little kid and an elderly person could be the most positive thing that happened for that kid - and the parents - that day. Old folks have no entitlements beyond those of other folks, and certainly are not entitled to engage little kids without acceptance by the kids' parents. It certainly seems that some important social concepts have been weakened or lost during the past 30 or 40 years, and some posts here reflect such loss.

Let's try this again...

The positive interaction that ends without harm can be detrimental to the child.

It instills in the child that talking to strangers ends well. The parent that allows it is teaching by example. This is not a good thing to teach small children.

I'm going to break my arm patting myself on the back over this. Seems this PSA was more necessary than I'd realized.

So, what you're saying, is that if a child participates in an activity, where there is the slightest chance that harm could later ensue, then you should prevent that child from participating in that activity. Especially if the child actually experienced something positive from that activity.

Like riding in a vehicle. Or swimming, bicycle riding, skateboarding, shooting, running....

All of which are much more likely to end up with childhood harm (certainly up to and including death) than abduction from strangers. Thus, all should be off limits, per the 'flave logic system.

Right?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

So, what you're saying, is that if a child participates in an activity, where there is the slightest chance that harm could later ensue, then you should prevent that child from participating in that activity. Especially if the child actually experienced something positive from that activity.

Like riding in a vehicle. Or swimming, bicycle riding, skateboarding, shooting, running....

All of which are much more likely to end up with childhood harm (certainly up to and including death) than abduction from strangers. Thus, all should be off limits, per the 'flave logic system.

Right?

Nope.

Not even close.

Go back and read the thread two more times.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Right?

Nope.

Not even close.

Go back and read the thread two more times.

Except, that it is a concise summary of your logic.

Exactly.

1) Looking at the numbers, at present there's an approximately 1 in 40,000 chance that a child in the USA might be the victim of a "stereotypical kidnapping" while between the age of 0 and 18. (76,000,000 children * 18 years/100 incidents yearly)

2) Due to the chance of this happening, deflave does not want his children to have any interaction with a stranger. Negative interaction would mean abduction. While a positive interaction would mean that deflave's children would possibly learn that interaction with a stranger is not dangerous. And thus might not feel anxiety when some person does have evil intentions towards them.

3) Children are exposed to activities that are statistically tens to hundreds times more likely to end in injury or death to the child. These activities do include: Riding in a vehicle, swimming, bike riding, running etc...

4) Children that have only have positive experiences while participating in the activities in 3) above, may learn to not treat them as the dangers that they (statistically speaking) truly are: Vehicle deaths account for the majority of childhood deaths in the USA from ages 5-19. Drowning kills more children 1-4 than any other accidental cause. Suffocation in a crib is the leading cause of accidental death in infants.

Ergo, were deflave's thoughts to be logical, not only would talking to strangers be off limits, so should the above activities in 3)

But like I said, if you'd phrased your PSA as "Hey, if someone says "Please don't talk to my kids". Just listen to them and move on", well then you'd likely have 100% buy in. Your kids, your parenting. Got it.

But don't frame it as being logically consistent, or that for a man to talk to a child is tantamount to pedophilia.

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 06/20/19.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Except, that it is a concise summary of your logic.

Exactly.

1) Looking at the numbers, at present there's an approximately 1 in 40,000 chance that a child in the USA might be the victim of a "stereotypical kidnapping" while between the age of 0 and 18. (76,000,000 children * 18 years/100 incidents yearly)

2) Due to the chance of this happening, deflave does not want his children to have any interaction with a stranger. Negative interaction would mean abduction. While a positive interaction would mean that deflave's children would possibly learn that interaction with a stranger is not dangerous. And thus might not feel anxiety when some person does have evil intentions towards them.

3) Children are exposed to activities that are statistically tens to hundreds times more likely to end in injury or death to the child. These activities do include: Riding in a vehicle, swimming, bike riding, running etc...

4) Children that have only have positive experiences while participating in the activities in 3) above, may learn to not treat them as the dangers that they (statistically speaking) truly are: Vehicle deaths account for the majority of childhood deaths in the USA from ages 5-19. Drowning kills more children 1-4 than any other accidental cause. Suffocation in a crib is the leading cause of accidental death in infants.

Ergo, were deflave's thoughts to be logical, not only would talking to strangers be off limits, so should the above activities in 3)

But like I said, if you'd phrased your PSA as "Hey, if someone says "Please don't talk to my kids". Just listen to them and move on", well then you'd likely have 100% buy in. Your kids, your parenting. Got it.

But don't frame it as being logically consistent, or that for a man to talk to a child is tantamount to pedophilia.

Holy schit.

Can people be this stupid?

The more this thread goes on the more I should be thanked. It was clearly needed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I probably encourage my kids to speak to strangers. Not weird old people randomly, but if I happen to chat with someone I’ll include them and have them contribute.

I’d bet 9 times out of 10 a pedophile knows his victim by name and spends time with him/her. Family member, daycare worker, coach, etc...

Yep.

My daughter's have been taught to give a firm handshake, and look people in the eye.
Also, to be cautious and aware of their surroundings.
The 12 year old has trouble paying attention, but, she is 12.

Also, they understand what to do if alone. They were schooled on the rules, if alone outside.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like it's gunna be a nice day in South Dakota......

Ed
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10ring1, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.