-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 87 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 86 87
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just stopped in to see if Jeff's still bullschidting his way through here !

YEP.

Ever notice how you other guys all post pics of what you've done/are doing & he just posts words.

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
mtwarden what kind of dog is tinyE? For sure he's in great shape!

he's half Chihuahua and half Yorkshire, he was really tiny when we got him, but at two years he's between 13 and 14 lbs, which is on the large end of those breeds- he's definitely in good shape smile

That's pretty cool. My hunting, camping, hiking buddy Clark, a GWP, just passed from cancer a few weeks ago. That dog loved cool & cold weather and thought our snowshoe hikes were terrific. I miss him a lot. He was a great hunting dog, but even better, he was my companion on my hiking & camping trips. Dang. Treasure ol' Tiny E.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Guy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
mtwarden what kind of dog is tinyE? For sure he's in great shape!

he's half Chihuahua and half Yorkshire, he was really tiny when we got him, but at two years he's between 13 and 14 lbs, which is on the large end of those breeds- he's definitely in good shape smile

That's pretty cool. My hunting, camping, hiking buddy Clark, a GWP, just passed from cancer a few weeks ago. That dog loved cool & cold weather and thought our snowshoe hikes were terrific. I miss him a lot. He was a great hunting dog, but even better, he was my companion on my hiking & camping trips. Dang. Treasure ol' Tiny E.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Guy

tinyE seems like an excellent hiking partner.

I had to let one of my dogs go just before memorial day. Zoe (the brindle) was my favorite pain in the ass and life isn't the same without her. Rocky, who's blind and deaf, just keeps on going. He still walks a couple miles with me in the mornings.

Joe

[Linked Image]

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
great dogs Gents!

losing a dog is losing a good friend, sorry for your losses gentlemen

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I did the Loredo workout yesterday but I took the easy route and did the running on a treadmill.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have been just crushed with work, same stuff I've mentioned... On the positive side I've matched last year's $$ already at the halfway point of this year, and last year was a good year. Still, I'm frankly getting my ass kicked a bit, hands/arms/shoulders especially but standing on concrete every single day is doing my hips/back no favors.

Anyway... not complaining, but also haven't been working out. frown But, got out today for a 6.5 mile hike.

I uploaded a few more pics from Hell's Canyon, as well as looked at the info on my GPS a bit... for reference, in the first two days we covered 18 miles, over 8000 feet total up/down, about 4700' of that was ascending.

I mentioned the Bench Trail aka the High Trail. Be advised there's also a highER trail called the rim trail. Anyway this gives a sense of the bench trail terrain for the first 12-15 miles anyway. Then the geology changes for a while. More cliff-y. Most of the time on the bench trail there are cliffs of some sort above you, sometimes also below you, then there's these massive fingers going out into the canyon, and of course, one is crossing all the side canyons, which can be huge, but doing it high up where they are at least smaller.

[Linked Image]

My ugly mug in that same part of the lower Temperance Creek canyon I posted earlier.

[Linked Image]

Let me see if I've got anything else fit to print.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is on the River Trail. Very powerful river. Sometimes, looking ahead, it'd be like how the HELL is the trail getting us around/over that safely?! But it always did. There were some passages that would be very hard for someone afraid of heights, but that's true of the Bench Trail as well.

Got some more but since I was the only one with a working phone, due to brainfart issues my lovely wife had, haha, all the pics have Cyn in them and I'll just keep them private.... of course, Mike, Harry, Smoke, etc if you are dying to see more of HC I'd be happy to PM them to you.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 06/20/19.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 miles with my wife, brother, sister in law and Tiny Elvis; visiting the Paradise Valley which always includes a nice long soak at Chico Hot Springs smile

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles this morning w/ Tiny Elvis, 4 miles this afternoon with my visiting brother and sister-in-law

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doing a ride-my-age with my buddy tomorrow; actually it's his age we are riding since he's older (56). Not worried aerobically or strength-wise but I haven't been banking big miles lately; my ass is gonna hurt. smile Not sure what exactly happens "down there" but if you ride a lot, the butt adjusts somehow... haha.... but I haven't been.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
1000m row warm up
20 deficit deadlifts @225lb
20 Burpee's over bar
20 box jumps @24"
20 Wall Balls @20lb
20 Pull-ups
20 bench press @155lb

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
12 mile run (gave Tiny Elvis the day off), the last couple of miles were painful in the bottom of my right heel and instep- it appears it is most likely Plantar Fascitiitis, will ice the $hit out of it; hopefully can still walk on it

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PF can be a real bummer... I would assume an athlete of your caliber (and age, haha) stretches your feet but if not, start. Aggressively... very aggressively. With my bout of PF I had a hard knot towards the rear or the arch. I started by rolling it on our hardwood floor with a tennis ball. I'd hear cracking sounds, see stars, and it hurt but also felt incredible and was an amazing release. I had a ton of "whatever" locked up in that spot. I'd roll it so hard, it'd bruise the bottom of my foot. But it got rid of the knot. The PF was a show-stopper for me and in fact cost me a premium backpacking hunt (Steens) I had a tag for. I still hunted it and eventually killed a young buck but I couldn't go further than 1/2 mile or so from the truck. In my case at least, it wasn't something that could be "walked off", it'd just get worse and worse if I tried.

When I stretch my arches now I reef on them so hard it amazes me they aren't sore as hell, but they accept it. If the PF spot starts to act up- which it did numerous times in Hells Canyon- I find a good log or rock and just stretch it hard. It works...

-----

Rode 56+ miles today! Funny day. We were joined by a buddy who hasn't been riding at all and was way out of shape. We came up with a route and plan where he dropped his car at a spot that would be at about the 30 mile mark, where he was planning on bailing. When we got there we hung out a few minutes then got ready to leave.... which is when he realized he'd left his keys in my buddy Mark's car back at my house when they were shuttling the rigs. D'oh. There was no solution that didn't involve a minimum of 15 miles more for him, and even then, it would be 15 on a really unpleasant and dangerous road for cycling. So we convinced him to just complete the ride with us. He was DYING. His quads were hardly firing. He fell asleep on my deck when we got back here, like snoring asleep. He's gonna be one sore pup tomorrow. Mark and I felt great; the pace was "not fast" since he was along and we avoided most of the big climbs so as to not kill him, so for Mark and I it was pretty easy really.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I haven't done this WOD in probably 3 years, but felt great after I finished! smile

Murphy is no joke

Edit forgot to include my time. 66 minutes dam pull-ups get my knuckle dragging arms every time.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 06/22/19.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
thanks for the tips Jeff; it's a tiny bit better this morning- I was limping last night like my foot was broke! found some stretches last night and will try the rolling with a frozen water bottle

Murph for those that don't know

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 pushups
300 air squats
1 mile run

you can break up the exercises in the middle any way you want, but have to complete all reps; when I do it I do 20 sets of 5 pull-ups, 10 pushups and 15 air squats- towards the end things generally fall apart, especially the pull-ups and you get what you can smile

it's a really tough workout and probably has been 6 months + since I've done it, get my heel healed smile and I'll give it another go

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Worked all night, slept 2hrs, got up and ran 3 miles. Easy pace at 9min splits. Then some intervals. Now is a post workout Coors light...or 4.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Daniel

50 Pull-Ups
400 Meter Run
21 Thrusters 95lb
800 Meter Run
21 Thrusters 95lb
400 Meter Run
50 Pull-Ups

I subbed the runs for Rows because I am working on my rowing

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
thanks for the tips Jeff; it's a tiny bit better this morning- I was limping last night like my foot was broke! found some stretches last night and will try the rolling with a frozen water bottle

I highly recommend the tennis ball; I think it you try it you'll see why. I tried the frozen water bottle but the tennis ball was the bomb. It has just the right amount of give in it to allow you to really work the injured area; the frozen bottle is too hard, perhaps counterintuitively, to get in there and grind properly. At least, for me.

To do the things you do, you must have a high tolerance for pain...... You'll probably power through it faster than I did, I was limping for several months. That said, if my PF was in any way typical, there's gonna be pain, and for a while. The goal is functionality... so I think it's crucial to get that affected area crunched with a tennis ball, stretched beyond belief, and iced, and then lather/rinse/repeat. It will bruise and otherwise traumatize the bottom of your foot. But that's a pain I could deal with, and it was the price for aggressively "releasing" the injured area. Mind you, I'm talking over a period of months here in my case, but still, point being, IMHO the trauma from the tennis ball and hardcore stretching was a huge net-positive over the injury for the simple fact that I couldn't put power through my foot with the PF; but with a bruised and sore (from stretching) arch, I could and can.

One final thing then I'll shut up. While at Steens that year I met a doctor who was also hunting the tag. He said he could've fixed it with an injection in his office. I assume he meant steroids of some sort. Can't speak to that, just passing it along.

Good luck man, you are an inspiration <grin> and I'm always rooting for ya.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 06/24/19.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^ I didn't do anything yesterday; limping is less pronounced- have been icing and stretching which definitely help; we had a couple of tennis balls around the house, but sound like my wife recently tossed them- going to pick one up today

if it goes too long, I'll check into the shots

thanks smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Do take care when you exercise on it. A couple of years ago I kept on going on mine until it ruptured. I could have avoided a lot of headaches if I'd have slowed down a bit and treated it correctly.

Page 56 of 87 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,603
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.