Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
They have been sanctioned to death for decades. Some cruise missiles. And a few bombs would make a point.

Send your own fahqin' kid then.

Originally Posted by watch4bear
So, you want a war?

Wars are fought today, so there is peace tomorrow.

Uhhhhh............How about we actually finish up the ones we're already engaged in and not making much headway on before starting a new one?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Send your own fahqin' kid then.

In a cruise missile? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, you want a war?

Wars are fought today, so there is peace tomorrow.

That was the line when I watched my friends get drafted and not come back from Vietnam. I road on the bus with several on our way to the Oakland Ca Induction Center. A bleeding ulcer sent me home two days later. Others weren't so fortunate.

What peace have we had since WWII?

Our next great battle will be right here.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What peace have we had since WWII?

We have had two chances to make this the US of earth, but we didn't take it. Don't know what to tell ya, we had our chance. frown

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I want a strike not a war, peace through strength

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's sad that, apparently, a diplomatic solution is not seen as an option by either side.....

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
It's sad that, apparently, a diplomatic solution is not seen as an option by either side.....

The sanction argument I see here is laughable. They have been sanctioned for 40 years! Lol are you kidding me? All that does is push them to closer ties with Russia. That benefits the Russians. A massive tomahawk misslie strike needs to happen

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cripple them financially and further destabilize their economy. There is already a lot of disgust from within on how the Mullahs are running the country. Young people in Iran nowadays don't want war. They want to embrace western culture. All that crap the Mullahs push on Iranian tv showing thousands supposedly demonstrating against the west/U.S. is garbage. They'd rather topple the Mullahs and have a thriving western style economy.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Cripple them financially and further destabilize their economy. There is already a lot of disgust from within on how the Mullahs are running the country. Young people in Iran nowadays don't want war. They want to embrace western culture. All that crap the Mullahs push on Iranian tv showing thousands supposedly demonstrating against the west/U.S. is garbage. They'd rather topple the Mullahs and have a thriving western style economy.

I think the youngsters of Iran already tried . They didn’t get any outside help. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I believe we are more than capable to phuque that up!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by DBT

The sanction argument I see here is laughable. They have been sanctioned for 40 years! Lol are you kidding me? All that does is push them to closer ties with Russia. That benefits the Russians. A massive tomahawk misslie strike needs to happen

I made no mention of sanctions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
This should be on the kookista thread. 😂

Yes, an invasion at this time and for always the wrong reason would be kooky

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can always tell a liberal. They want to change things by spending other people's money. In the case of cumminscowboy, however, it would be spending other people's sons and daughters.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The CIA has been there for years; it wouldn't take a lot to overthrow the mullahs once the back of the revolutionary guard was broken.

They remember life before Khomeini and Carter; and they want it back.

[Linked Image]

The CIA is more Anti-American than the mullahs.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The CIA is more Anti-American than the mullahs.

Then we better surrender immediately

Someone needs to breed up this race. grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At this point they don't have the ability to strike much past their own borders. They have made it plain that they are upgrading their nuke materials towards weapons grade which is a problem. Once they cross that threshold it is a new ball game. We tried and couldn't prevent North Korea from developing the bomb and Iran will be the same story. Both those countries would use a nuke with little or no provocation and are almost subhuman in their thinking and value for human life. Once a crude nuke is built regional delivery can come in many ways and having advanced ICBMs aren't necessary. I say take them out while it is still possible.

living the good life every day
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Try changing the thread title to "Massive presence in Iran 10 years after, why not?"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last justified war Americans fought was Korea. American dominance is falling. For example, circa 2008 American military budget was more than next 17 countries combined a decade later despite no decline of funding it's only 8 countries. China spends more than 250 billion dollars per year considering value for dollar you can multiply that number by about 1,5x. What have Americans accomplished in Middle East since invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq? If Americans go to another war their geopolitical position will decline even more to benefit of Russia and China.
War with Iran is possible. Democrats get almost as much funding from Military-Industrial corporations as Republicans. Based on Gulf of Tonkin incident and two faux gas attacks in Syria American pubic will believe anything they are told through official news channels. I'm not saying Iran was not behind recent attacks against shipping in Strait of Hormuz, but I would want real solid proof to point to who was responsible. Without such proof it's prudent to blame those that would benefit most from carrying them out.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Our enemies need to fear us. Tightly focused punitive strikes/expeditions that make the world gasp at their ferocity would best serve. No nation building, occupation or other Powell Doctrine/neocon crap.

Everyone rightly bemoans the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but the initial invasion of Iraq and the SOF/airpower attacks that wrecked the Taliban demonstrated a military capability and a willingness to act that stunned the world. Strike a mighty blow and leave the resulting chaos to that countries occupants to resolve.

It might take a few iterations but the world will soon learn that chanting Death to America is not the path to greatness. Never forget, Never forgive.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Our enemies need to fear us. Tightly focused punitive strikes/expeditions that make the world gasp at their ferocity would best serve. No nation building, occupation or other Powell Doctrine/neocon crap.

Everyone rightly bemoans the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but the initial invasion of Iraq and the SOF/airpower attacks that wrecked the Taliban demonstrated a military capability and a willingness to act that stunned the world. Strike a mighty blow and leave the resulting chaos to that countries occupants to resolve.

It might take a few iterations but the world will soon learn that chanting Death to America is not the path to greatness. Never forget, Never forgive.

mike r

Look at how much damage we did to Iraq during a 42 day air campaign in 1991. With improved weapons, we could now achieve the safe effect in about 10 days.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.