Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BIB Bullets:

https://bibullets.com/

.25 Cal.– 10 (TEN) Ogive, 88 Gr. FB, or, BT – BC – .39 FB/ .42 BT. Made in Niemi carbide dies: 10 ogive, 0.052″ meplat; .2575 pressure-ring; .2573″ shank. Twist rates: 88 Gr. FB, or, BT – 1:12″, or, faster. $575.00 per 1,000.

.25 Cal.– 10 (TEN) Ogive, 110 Gr. BT : BC – .52. Made in Niemicarbide dies: 10 ogive, 0.052″ meplat; .2575 pressure-ring; .2573″ shank. Ideal twist rate: FB, 1:10″; BT 1:9.4″ $575.00 per 1,000. UNTIL further notice LIMITED Quantities.

BP-B2

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
thanks for the reply on these good looking bullets, at looked at the BIB bullet site , i plan on calling them and ask if they can make heavier grained 25 caliber bullets .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Randy makes very good bullets for the .25 cals. I just got another 250, 110`s from him. Nice to talk with too

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Randy makes very good bullets for the .25 cals. I just got another 250, 110`s from him. Nice to talk with too

And make sure to pencil in two hours, and go to the bathroom before you call..... grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
LOL, Yup!!!

IC B2

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
some of the best bullets i ever shot were made by the smaller bullet makers,i better call this Randy !

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
today / Saturday of Easter weekend it was a another very nice day , i did install the 3 inch wide x 9 inch nylon/plastic plate on bottom side of the forearm too on this rifle, i feel it makes this rifle more solid and sides easier in my target bench rest. i shot 2 - 5 shot groups with the 115 gr. Berger bullets both groups were 1/2 inch at 100 yards , also shot 1 - 5 shot group with Hornady ELD-X 110 gr. bullets that group was 5/8 at 100 yards. i do feel i may be able to make this rifle shoot even better with weighing new Lapua cases and neck turning these same new cases but it won`t be that much maybe 1/10 or 2/10 better in group size ? I also should call this Randy at BIB bullets next week. > have a GREAT EASTER DAY !

Last edited by pete53; 04/11/20.

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i was able to shoot two 5 shot groups at my home at 100 yards,wife feels its spring cleanup time so i did not get to play much reloading ammo and shoot`n. i used some older Hornady 120 gr. flat base h.p. using Reloader 17 both groups were 1/2 inch,i was thinking maybe this 25 Creedmoor rifle i have likes flat base bullets better ? the reason i tried some flat base bullets i kept thinking about what an old friend " Johnny Bell" said sometimes certain barrels like flat base and sometimes some barrels like B.T., also Mule Deer on the fire on a reply mention this and the reason too. i did order some new flat base 115 gr.H.P. 25 caliber Hornady bullets, and a bunch of 25 caliber Nosler 115 gr. B.T. but as the wholesaler salesman said it will be a couple of weeks because of the virus before this order shows up. > those 2 groups with flat base bullets both had 3-4 shots in the same hole in the 5 shot groups so that just might be the answer for this rifle ? almost forgot to mention i did have some cross wind too when i starting shooting.

Last edited by pete53; 04/18/20.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Why is this thread called "257 Creedmoor Update"? Everywhere else the cartridge in question is referred to as the 25 Creedmoor. Whoever posts a thread can call it what they want, but down the road all the good data and discussion here will be lost when one searches for it under 25 Creedmoor.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i hunt with 2 different cartridges 257 Weatherby Mag. and a 257 Roberts, i guess that`s why i call it a 257 Creedmoor ,which is the correct size of the bullet .257 , and i kinda feel its a neater sound too > 257 Creedmoor< . besides it is still a wildcat cartridge so the true name has not been established yet. here`s a question for you : why did Savage call their great cartridge 250 Savage ? maybe the other treads on this cartridge called 25 Creedmoor should change that name too 257 Creedmoor ,i bet for ammo manufactures - rifle manufactures will or would make more money calling it 257 Creedmoor too. so until it is a true manufactured cartridge instead of a wildcat cartridge i ain`t changing the name. here is the biggest problem with this bullet size .257 caliber not many bullet manufactures offer many different kinds of bullets or grain size or many good bullets yet either for this .257 caliber yet. it is a real shame they don`t because its proven 6 mm and 6.5 both are fine accurate bench rest bullets and a .257 is right in the middle of these 2 fine bullets,another thing there is a large group of rifle shooters who enjoy this bullet size, in many different size cases. > one more thought about the name Creedmoor why was it called Creedmoor ? it really is a Savage 250 case maybe the 6 and the 6.5 should have been called Improved Savage instead of Creedmoor ?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Why is this thread called "257 Creedmoor Update"? Everywhere else the cartridge in question is referred to as the 25 Creedmoor. Whoever posts a thread can call it what they want, but down the road all the good data and discussion here will be lost when one searches for it under 25 Creedmoor.

Originally Posted by pete53
i hunt with 2 different cartridges 257 Weatherby Mag. and a 257 Roberts, i guess that`s why i call it a 257 Creedmoor ,which is the correct size of the bullet .257 , and i kinda feel its a neater sound too > 257 Creedmoor< . besides it is still a wildcat cartridge so the true name has not been established yet. here`s a question for you : why did Savage call their great cartridge 250 Savage ? maybe the other treads on this cartridge called 25 Creedmoor should change that name too 257 Creedmoor ,i bet for ammo manufactures - rifle manufactures will or would make more money calling it 257 Creedmoor too. so until it is a true manufactured cartridge instead of a wildcat cartridge i ain`t changing the name. here is the biggest problem with this bullet size .257 caliber not many bullet manufactures offer many different kinds of bullets or grain size or many good bullets yet either for this .257 caliber yet. it is a real shame they don`t because its proven 6 mm and 6.5 both are fine accurate bench rest bullets and a .257 is right in the middle of these 2 fine bullets,another thing there is a large group of rifle shooters who enjoy this bullet size, in many different size cases. > one more thought about the name Creedmoor why was it called Creedmoor ? it really is a Savage 250 case maybe the 6 and the 6.5 should have been called Improved Savage instead of Creedmoor ?

Makes about as much sense, as everything else you post.

ZERO.

Communication, logic & the English language are not Pete's strong suit !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I think the rest of the world is using 25 CM so I just thought it sad that all your "pioneering" load development will get lost unless someone knows to search on 257 CM. As to a reason for naming as you did, it makes perfect sense but perception and public onion never follow logic. Other than that, I appreciate you sharing all that you do. I'm planning on my own 25/257 foray into quick-twist & heavy-long bullets. I personally think that the 25 Creedmoor as it stands now, would have become by mid-summer a recognized, SAAMI standard cartridge - but the economic situation created by the Covid-19 pandemic, may put that on hold for another year. After Nosler did what they did with the 280 Ackley Improved (I wouldn't have had a problem if they had named it something else.), I think I'll wait until someone major like Hornady starts producing loaded ammo to fully 'lock down' the cartridge dimensions/specs. Having said that, big kudo's to Alpha for taking the first step by commercially offering its SMRP brass.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
99 do you have a problem with life ? your negative comments are sickning ,i see you are from Canada you make the good fire Canadians look very foolish. crawl back under your rock or go see a doctor so you get more positive with life,maybe stronger medication.

Last edited by pete53; 04/21/20.

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think the rest of the world is using 25 CM so I just thought it sad that all your "pioneering" load development will get lost unless someone knows to search on 257 CM. As to a reason for naming as you did, it makes perfect sense but perception and public onion never follow logic. Other than that, I appreciate you sharing all that you do. I'm planning on my own 25/257 foray into quick-twist & heavy-long bullets. I personally think that the 25 Creedmoor as it stands now, would have become by mid-summer a recognized, SAAMI standard cartridge - but the economic situation created by the Covid-19 pandemic, may put that on hold for another year. After Nosler did what they did with the 280 Ackley Improved (I wouldn't have had a problem if they had named it something else.), I think I'll wait until someone major like Hornady starts producing loaded ammo to fully 'lock down' the cartridge dimensions/specs. Having said that, big kudo's to Alpha for taking the first step by commercially offering its SMRP brass.

i guess i would wait also tell this 25 cartridge becomes a manufactured cartridge and/or bullet makers build some better bullets. if old Walt Berger was younger this cartridge /257 Creedmoor -25 Creedmoor would for sure get some better attention with much better bullet types and weights. maybe these 131 gr. Black JACK bullets might preform better at the farther distances too ? hopefully soon i can get to a rifle range with farther distances then i will know for sure what i think of Black Jack bullets .i have the Black Jack ammo built to use at farther distances already.

Last edited by pete53; 04/20/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
99 do you have a problem with life ? your negative comments are sickning ,i see you are from Canada you make the good fire Canadians look very foolish. crawl back under your rock or go see a doctor so you get more positive with life,maybe stronger medication.

Pete, I'm actually an Australian.

We call bull$it when we see it.

See my next post !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

i guess i would wait also tell this 25 cartridge becomes a manufactured cartridge and/or bullet makers build some better bullets. if old Walt Berger was younger this cartridge /257 Creedmoor -25 Creedmoor would for sure get some better attention with much better bullet types and weights. maybe these 131 gr. Black JACK bullets might preform better at the farther distances too ? hopefully soon i can get to a rifle range with farther distances then i will know for sure what i think of Black Jack bullets .i have the Black Jack ammo built to use at farther distances already.

Really, how, logically, is something that you are not happy with at 100, ever in logical reality, ever going to get better over a longer distance ?

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe that WV gunwriter Richard Mann created a 25 (257) Creedmoor that he calls the 2-Fity Hillbilly over 3 years ago.

If I get the itch to shoot a .257" bore rifle any time soon, I'm probably going to shoot a 25 WSSM before heading down a new path.

I've got 6MM and 6.5MM Creedmoors, so a 25(257) would serve what purpose other than to attempt to satisfy my curiosity?

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
yep i understand i don`t have either a 6mm or 6.5 Creedmoor yet ? i have always liked the 25 caliber bullet that`s why i have been playing with this wildcat cartridge at paper targets. i do own 6 BR which is an excellent cartridge,also 6.5-284 in a custom bat action,with all the bells and whistles this rifle shoots 2`s and 3`s very easy. i have owned plenty bench and varmint rifles besides these two ,including a 6 PPC 40-x custom that i should have kept. sometimes its fun to try something others have not,i was shooting 7mm-08`s before this cartridge was ever manufactured,another one is a 6mm-284 another great cartridge that is very accurate. but my all time favorite bullet is like i said .257 bullet ,i have killed some huge whitetail bucks with a 257 Weatherby Mag. for the last 15 years or longer.

on another note i talked to Randy" BIB`S Bullets " he is out of 110 gr and can not get any jackets for a while. but he did tell me he had made some by hand 128 gr. 25 cal. bullets he is someday going to test,and that sounded very interesting.

Last edited by pete53; 04/22/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a 25 caliber fan too, but it seems to me that the primary, maybe only, meaningful advantage that the Creedmoor case has over the **x51 case for the person who loads his/her own ammo is that it allows for the use of longer VLD bullets in a 2.83" magazine. As of 04/22/20, I haven't seen any component bullet manufacturers attempting to push any longer VLD bullets in 0.257" onto the market, nor have I seen any pull demand for them from consumers for them..

Manufacturers have shown more market awareness for the Creedmoors by cutting their barrels with quicker ROTs that will do a better job of stabilizing those longer VLD bullets, but with the 0.257" bore sandwiched between the 0.243" and 0.264" bores that already offer a significant and growing number of VLD bullet options, why would any ammunition or firearms manufacturer make the effort and investment to launch the 257 Creedmoor?

The biggest whitetail that I've ever killed had a live weight estimated a nearly 300 lbs. and was killed DIT by a 110 grain AB fired from a Winchester/USRA 70 in 25 WSSM. The same bullet, or one of similar construction, fired from any comparably sized 0.257" bore cartridge would likely have seen the same outcome, but I was going through my WSSM phase that year.

Good luck with your on-going experiments. Nothing advances unless there are people out there who act on their ideas..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I see Peterson is making 25 Creedmoor brass. Midway is selling it. Per Petersons reasons for producing this stuff, is they see a growing trend in comp. circles for this cartridge. I did watch one PRS video this past winter where one shooter was using it, with BJ bullets.
Visit their site yourselves..

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 11point, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 83 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.