Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
in a time of war one must do what is necessary.

given the makeup of the jury box, i'd hope he'll walk.

it's just that justice must be done, and hopefully the right jury has been picked.

yes

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
That is quite a plot twist.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
[

I sure as hell do. Not killing prisoners of war without trial is what separates us from the savages t

What part of they are not POWs do you fail to grasp. And for the record, we did this to both german and japanese POWs during WWII, same for Vietnam and Korea, with the japanese being particularly vicious, especially after feigning surrender, only to get close to our guys and try and kill them, or using women and children as shields, kinda like what these savages do now. And besides, testimony yesterday , pretty much exonerated the guy. Read my first post if you're interested in a perspective from one who's been involved in similar CMs in the past.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Is a SEAL Commander on trial too?
Thought this case was about a Chief--

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We train these guys and send them off to bad places to do bad things to bad people.

So, why are we shocked when they do the things we sent them to do??

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
He is not a Master Chief-- he is a Chief.

The Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis was a JAG lawyer who was assigned to a SEAL team in the Mid East.

Why in hell does a SEAL team need a lawyer??

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TBREW401

The Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis was a JAG lawyer who was assigned to a SEAL team in the Mid East.

Because that is how we fight wars today. A brief "sea story". Way back when we first went into Afghanistan and way before the Iraq mess, we received actionable intelligence the Bin Laden and his # 2 were in a convoy up in the Pashtun area. Armed drones had a targeting solution and relayed to the the area commander and CENTCOM. A Navy 06 Jag (part of the "team" at the NMCC), threw a wrench in the works citing ROE issues. By the time the stupid C U N T was overruled, we missed the opportunity (this was out in the press years ago). That answer your question? This is the reason as to why we NEVER win anymore and why going to an all out war with ANYBODY is a mistake. We've lost our balls.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Because that is how we fight wars today. A brief "sea story". Way back when we first went into Afghanistan and way before the Iraq mess, we received actionable intelligence the Bin Laden and his # 2 were in a convoy up in the Pashtun area. Armed drones had a targeting solution and relayed to the the area commander and CENTCOM. A Navy 06 Jag (part of the "team" at the NMCC), threw a wrench in the works citing ROE issues. By the time the stupid C U N T was overruled, we missed the opportunity (this was out in the press years ago). That answer your question? This is the reason as to why we NEVER win anymore and why going to an all out war with ANYBODY is a mistake. We've lost our balls.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The Prisoner wasn’t a lawful combatant and wasn’t even our prisoner. He was a prisoner of the Iraqi army and had been in their custody for a couple hours being questioned. The seal team was only providing care so they could question him also before the Iraqis took him back and would have killed him. The entire charge of murder is a terrible joke. No matter what the terrorist was going to be killed within minutes. Either we did it or the Iraqis were going to do it. We don’t keep prisoners the Iraqis did and they kill most all of them.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Is a SEAL Commander on trial too?
Thought this case was about a Chief--

One outlet was touting him as a seal commander. Dayomned if you do, .....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Yeah, and he contradicted previous testimony under oath. Doesn't say much for his credibility. ...

He didn't conradict previous testimony, he said he saw Gallagher stab him but said nothing about him dying from the wound so technically he didn't lie about it.
Question is, could they have saved the guy from bleeding out or not? Scott finished him off so we will probably never know.

According to Scotts initial version of events we do know more....

Scott said that he and Gallagher[ a medic] had stabilized the sedated prisoner who had been wounded in an airstrike and that he was breathing
normally through a tube inserted to clear his airway.

Scott said he was shocked when Gallagher, the platoon's leader, stabbed the boy at least once below the collarbone. He said there was
no medical reason for it. Gallagher then grabbed his medical bag and walked away.

"I was startled and froze up for a little bit," Scott said.

Scott said the patient would have survived the stabbing, but he plugged the youth's breathing tube with his thumb because he believed the
prisoner would eventually be tortured by the Iraqi forces who had captured him and delivered him to the SEAL compound for medical treatment.

The Navy said in a statement it will not drop the premediated murder charge on Gallagher and that it's up to jurors to decide the credibility of witnesses.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He is a chief you bunch of dip schits

Last edited by byd; 06/21/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My assessment is they ought to ship a bunch of Obama-era Jag officers to Gitmo.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We train these guys and send them off to bad places to do bad things to bad people.

So, why are we shocked when they do the things we sent them to do??

well you know what Gen. Stanley McChrystal told his Spec.ops boys...( words to the effect)

" I need to send you out at night to do things you shouldn't be doing , and in the morning
I'm going to have to chastise you all for doing it ,,then Im going to have to send you out the next night
to do the same things again, ..and so forth"

wAr is dirty business and those with balanced minds realise that all the killing involved in war has no morality.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
My assessment is they ought to ship a bunch of Obama-era Jag officers to Gitmo along with their hero, the zero..
fixt

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Jorge,
I knew the answer, the question was retorical

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jorge,
I knew the answer, the question was retorical

Got is, sorry.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Navy Seal had to kill a combatant. How many medals has he gotten ?cmon Trump. Ivanka?ha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by JSTUART

This killing does not implicate the rules of engagement. The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.

So you have no problem with murder. Glad we got that out of the way. crazy

I have met plenty of pricks that need killing so no I don't.

But more to the point you are never going to convince me that it applies during conflict.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.

I sure as hell do. Not killing prisoners of war without trial is what separates us from the savages the likes of which our boys have been at war with for decades now. Ironic to me that many decades on now, the evils/atrocities/war crimes committed in WWII against our men and our allies by the Japanese, Germans and others still gets folks upset--which they have every right to-- but there is a double standard when it comes to any of our troops committing the same kinds of acts.

I believe we must as a nation abide by the rules that we've set for ourselves, including in combat zones. Killing every single enemy combatant who would take arms up against our troops would please me no end, but killing prisoners and non-combatants, raping women, abusing children and behavior of that sort is what *they* do. I believe we as a nation need to be held to a higher standard, as we are better than that, and most certainly worlds better than *them*.

Last thought: correct me if I'm wrong JStuart, but I want to say I recall your writing once that you had a relative who in WWII was captured and subsequently executed by the Japanese. If it was someone else forgive me, but it seems to me that is more than a bit hypocritical to get upset about that and at the same time not care if our troops do exactly the same thing...

Hiroshima.
Dresden.
Long Pig.

War sucks, so don't commit to it unless you mean to kill all the other çunts.

And if you aren't prepared to kill all the other çunts then you might as well surrender instead of resisting.

Don't care.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.