Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Bergara just announced the HMR for us lefties this past month. I have spend, custom LR builds, but even before the LH version was announced I felt the HMR was a lot of Bang for the Buck. I see SOOO many optics mounted way too high for proper cheek weld. Without uber critical math to calculate obj clearance and obtaining the lowest mounting system, an adjustable stock is a huge Plus. The HMR system looks pretty streamlined and lightweight hardware. Mini chassis, threaded barrel and flush cups. Lots to like. Would normally consider a factory barrel a disposable part to be swapped out asap. But seems like a pretty solid 1000 yard and in Rig for $999.

Any experience with them? Wasn't aware they were doing Long Action this a few months ago. The Win Mag is the most interesting to me. Have several SA LR rigs

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yep, 308 shooter here. Great rifle for the price. I did replace trigger with a TriggerTech. Nightforce scope, and good to go. I’m looking at adding a 6.5 PRC, but will have to be a premier action. No B14 actions in PRC yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had one. Loved it. It shot lights out and I wouldn't even consider replacing the barrel. It is truly a lot of bang for the buck. Note that I said I "had" one. I only sold it because it was repetitive for me and I am a huge Tikka CTR fan. It came down to keeping one of the two. I would have been happy keeping either.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
please Bergara , if you want to sell a B14 to me , do one in PRC

but not interested in a Premier at the better part of 2 grand.........

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A friend has one I’m helping him with, 300 win mag
I’ve loaded Berger 215,190, 168’s with h1000
Just waiting for him to do the firing to see what it likes best.
I’ve shot it with the 215’s and it has a lot of potential.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Think the Win Mag is a 10 twist? Should spin a 212/215. Be interested in magazine length/space

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I can’t remember the difference in lengths between being able to use the magazine and not but it’s more than .05 shorter if we use the magazine with the 215s

Last edited by Dan700mn; 02/05/19.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I like mine in 6.5 cm but it has long throat and mag limits me from getting close to lands! Luckily it still groups well!

7mmRM the perfect North American cartridge!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Not the HMR,but my new Ridge is a joy to shoot. This is the initial go around. Got it roughed in with 120 grain ballistic tips,then tried the 143 ELDX. My first Bergara. Oddly,I feel no need to go after the trigger. Still set at the factory setting. This particular rifle isn't giving up anything to my Tikkas in trigger or accuracy. I like rifles that make me look good.
[Linked Image]
This is as out of the box as it gets. Cleaned it,mounted a scope,and hit the bench. Heavy at 9.4 pounds before sling and ammo. Just over $800.00 out the door for the rifle. Pretty happy thus far. An HMR in 6 Creedmoor is on the radar now.
[Linked Image]

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently set up and loaded for my brother’s B14 in 6.5 CM. Trigger pull was a bit heavier than I’d like, but it broke well and I didn’t change it. I worked with H4350 and 120 gr Nosler BTs and Norma brass. I found the great load just under 44 gr of 4350. It shot to 3/8”, and th brother was happy.

Excellent rifle.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yep. Gotta say I was sceptical. Spanish rifles,what's next? I'm looking forward to a break in the weather to do some more shooting.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Coop2564
I like mine in 6.5 cm but it has long throat and mag limits me from getting close to lands! Luckily it still groups well!

I switched to American Rifle Company magazines and spent a few minutes with a Dremel on the feed ramp to fix the COAL issues.

https://www.area419.com/product/american-rifle-company-10-round-mags/

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I recently purchased a HMR Pro in 6mm Creedmoor. Limited shooting (weather) looks like it will be shooter. Everything about it for the money seems very well done. Triggertech trigger is very nice.

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Otter6
Not the HMR,but my new Ridge is a joy to shoot. This is the initial go around. Got it roughed in with 120 grain ballistic tips,then tried the 143 ELDX. My first Bergara. Oddly,I feel no need to go after the trigger. Still set at the factory setting. This particular rifle isn't giving up anything to my Tikkas in trigger or accuracy. I like rifles that make me look good.
[Linked Image]
This is as out of the box as it gets. Cleaned it,mounted a scope,and hit the bench. Heavy at 9.4 pounds before sling and ammo. Just over $800.00 out the door for the rifle. Pretty happy thus far. An HMR in 6 Creedmoor is on the radar now.
[Linked Image]

I have the Ridge model in 6.5 creedmoor as well. Same barreled action as the HMR. I did drop mine in a Grayboe Terrain stock. It really like the 140 ELDM over H4350.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Had one in .308 and could not have been more pleased.

Lots of bang for the buck right out of the gate.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

Opposite for me. Got rid of two Tikka and kept my Bergara in 6.5 CM. No contest!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I shot a Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor at the range last year and was impressed with the accuracy and lack of recoil so I decided to pull the trigger on my first 6.5 and just went with the Premier HMR Pro. Can't wait to try out the Trigger Tech trigger and ordered a box of Hornady 143gr ELD-X, Hornady 140gr ELD-M, Hornady 140gr HPBT and Federal 140gr Fusion SP to try out so hopefully it'll like one/all of these options. I'm going to add a 20MOA base and top it with a Bushnell LRHSi 4.5-18x so it should be a joy to shoot at extended range.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

83 members (AGL4now, 35, 160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 14 invisible), 983 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,497
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.