-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have owned two Glocks, a 22 and a 34. Both ran flawlessly. Neither was especially accurate. Was surprised how sloppy the barrel was on the 34 I owned.

Carry guns, at least for me, need thumb safeties. I could see a Glock as a house drawer gun. Pick it up only to either unload for a range trip, or to investigate bumping things in the night.

The Gen 5 G34's are interesting, supposedly a better trigger and accepts optical sights. So I might try one. Guess I could fit a new barrel if it doesn't shoot.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
"Carry guns have thumb safeties."

That's pretty archaic thinking. Most recognized experts on the subject state the opposite, i.e., thumb safeties don't belong on carry guns.

But if that's your view, Glock will put one on your Glock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's pretty archaic thinking. Most recognized experts on the subject state the opposite, i.e., thumb safeties don't belong on carry guns.

What's the extra charge for that?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC

I don't know. Contact them if you're interested. I know they make runs of them for police forces around the world who require them.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've had the opportunity to make Hickok45's acquaintance. I found him to be a down to earth type fellow, who, like many of us, has a genuine interest in firearms and their history. We had a nice conversation and if the opportunity had been available, I would have enjoyed spending some range time with him. Nice enough guy.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I've had the opportunity to make Hickok45's acquaintance. I found him to be a down to earth type fellow, who, like many of us, has a genuine interest in firearms and their history. We had a nice conversation and if the opportunity had been available, I would have enjoyed spending some range time with him. Nice enough guy.

That's how he comes across on his YouTube channel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't know. Contact them if you're interested. I know they make runs of them for police forces around the world who require them.

Not sure Glock would do that for an individual purchasing just one or two pistols. At least I've never heard of such.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Not sure Glock would do that for an individual purchasing just one or two pistols. At least I've never heard of such.

Here's a picture of one ordered by an Asian nation's police force.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I'm sure that Hamhock .45 is a nice guy. No doubt in my mind.

But like lots of nice guys he likes to hear himself rattle. And this is evident in his videos.

He comes across as likeable, fairly intelligent, and chatty. If it can be said in 10 words or less he has an uncanny ability to expound/expand on a dialogue to the point of inanity.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a picture of one ordered by an Asian nation's police force.

[Linked Image]

Is that the police force in Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, or Yemen?

Just kidding, but you might want to specify.

IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 1minute, 300_savage, 31 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,054
Posts18,463,191
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.