Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
So I called them to find out more about their warranty.
Long story short, my Legend Ultra is "warrantyable" but they don't have the butt section. Basically they would send me a new Imperial.
That rod is on a much lower rung on their ladder than the LU was, although they did say the blanks and assembly are done in Park Falls, so that's a plus to me.
They don't care if I switch line weights, and I'm kinda looking for a good short 3 weight so I'm interested.
But only if the rod is a good stream rod. Around here you fight all kinds of obstacles to make 20-40 foot casts (often just "pitches"). Roll casting is a must. Looking for a light springy wand with a medium/medium plus middle and a supple tip. Not going to do much overhand with it.

If anyone knows these new (2018) versions in 2, 3 or 4 weights please let me know what you think.

If they are fast the way so many new rods are. Ill pass.

Thanks in advance

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kragman1
So I called them to find out more about their warranty.
Long story short, my Legend Ultra is "warrantyable" but they don't have the butt section. Basically they would send me a new Imperial.

That's the problem with so many rod warranties. "we'll replace it with the current model" - "But I like the old model"

I have a Sage that they sent me to replace a 4 piece 6 weight that I slammed the car door on up in PA (sorry, wish I had a big fish story) cry. Very nice of them and likely money-wise a losing proposition as the old one was one of their early gray rods than ran about $90 circe 1990 but the new one is simply too fast compared to the older one that was juuuusssst right.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Yeah. I hear you Pugs.
In this case they dropped from their premium rod to one of their entry levels.
Not sure if I should I should be happy they would back it at all or cynical that they did what feels like a bait and switch on the warranty.
Still, its a 20 year old rod. Its not like I bought it last year.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
So - anyone have/used a current generation Imperial?
Still haven't decided to go small or large when I get the replacement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sage or Winston. OUTSTANDING Warranty and Customer Service. Thank me later. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/22/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Sage or Winston. OUTSTANDING Warranty and Customer Service. Thank me later. 🤠

Both make some great rods.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 06/23/19.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I know, but this rod is a warranyy replacement from St Croix.
I can choose a size but that's it

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kragman1
I know, but this rod is a warranyy replacement from St Croix.
I can choose a size but that's it

What do you fish the most? Are you missing a size that you have a need for? RI I think Stripers so that is the direction I would go. But maybe you don't fish Salt?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pugs
the new one is simply too fast compared to the older one that was juuuusssst right.

Seems like fast is the thing today but I often like a more progressive action. One of my favorite progressives in an old Winston 9' 4,5,6 Traditional.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Well, since my original post I came across a little 7' 3 weight Cabelas rod that seems to be just fine. Casts fairly long (25 paces+ with WF4F, 20+ with DT3F) and it's as accurate as I can be, plus it will cast soft with three of four feet of line past the tip. No idea if it will roll cast well because I need to get that skill back, but I'm thinking that I've plugged that little hole in my lineup.
I also don't really see the 10 weights in this line as saltwater rods and I'm pretty covered there anyway, so that leaves the middle range, or another (better?) small rod.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

603 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,027 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,237
Posts18,447,813
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.