Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
youngest son was afraid to use the toilet, told i would not talk to him anymore. took one day to start using it on his own when he was about 2.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
youngest son was afraid to use the toilet, told i would not talk to him anymore. took one day to start using it on his own when he was about 2.

We toilet trained our 3 kids with M&M's.

Anytime they took their business to the toilet they got a few M&M's. Once they made the connection it didn't take long.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Im gonna have to draw the line at rubbing a toddlers face on his own schit.

Not a toddler; he was going on 5 years old. After a few times cleaning that stuff up off the couch, carpet or going on a Easter egg hunt in July to find the dirty underwear you’ll stick a toe or two over the line in an attempt to find a solution to the problem.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

Not a toddler; he was going on 5 years old. After a few times cleaning that stuff up off the couch, carpet or going on a Easter egg hunt in July to find the dirty underwear you’ll stick a toe or two over the line in an attempt to find a solution to the problem.

I think you handled it just right. It makes more sense than floggin' on a kid.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Send her to me, or I can come to you. It will be short, but not necessarily sweet, I have butted heads with other children like your daughter, not easy for them, but completely fixable, then you get to keep up the rules and watch things turn around in behavior.

Not kidding, people seem to come to me for help in this area, not sure if it is a compliment or not.

I always told my kids from early on, "I am the boss, and you aren't, and when you think you are, you won't be living here anymore.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Send her to me, or I can come to you. It will be short, but not necessarily sweet, I have butted heads with other children like your daughter, not easy for them, but completely fixable, then you get to keep up the rules and watch things turn around in behavior.

Not kidding, people seem to come to me for help in this area, not sure if it is a compliment or not.

I always told my kids from early on, "I am the boss, and you aren't, and when you think you are, you won't be living here anymore.

You beat other peoples' kids for them?

How much? $

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
In all seriousness, good luck man.

I’d for sure want to keep her busy and tired. Lots of physical activity, sports, hiking, running, etc...

Uhhh.....she's 4 I think.

Maybe a paper route?

Sweat shop job?

Nike’s ain’t gonna make themselves....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

I think you handled it just right. It makes more sense than floggin' on a kid.

4 ain’t a toddler? I guess not.

Either way, happy it worked for you. Still sounds fugged up.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by 79S
I remember going through basic training many moons ago.. The Drill sergeants had this one exercise, well not really an exercise more like ph uckign torture. Anyhow When some one ph ucked up they would have you put your back against the wall and slide down like you were sitting in a chair, then you put your arms straight out in front of you. Holy Ph uck, anyhow My step boys were acting like hellions many yrs ago, so the oldest was first in the chute. I do remember him sitting there crying because it hurt, said nope stay there until I say you are done. I'm not saying do this a young 4 yr old kid but something to remember when they get older and you want to do something that doesn't require a belt. Flutter kicks are another great one to do, So if your kid is constantly ph ucking up at least they will be in great shape when they ship off to juvie.

Hahahaha!!!

Called riding the harley.
Probably some schitt baron von steuben brought to valley forge.

Btdt also...
Hahaha!!!

Had a buddy of mine in Aco 2/327th back in the early 90,s made his 12 yr old boy dig a 2 man fighting position over a weekend.
Kid broke into a retired CSM,s truck and took a 6 pack outta it.

Him and that CSM supervised
Didnt have any over head cover on it.
It did have a sloped floor and proper grenade sumps (pita big time)

Bunch of us went to his house for lunch one day to go see it.

Lmfao!!!!

99 fort Lewis, over in one of the company areas b co if I remember right. They had a 1SG they called blucifer. One of his problem kids just wasn't getting the Army thing. One day problem soldier out digging a fighting position by the FM standards. To make it even better it was pissing rain for those 2 days. Our CSM didn't give a chit he was in Vietnam so he came from that old school mentality. Soldier can't clean his room oh that's easy go set up shelter half and sleep out in front of the company AO..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

How much? $

Guess she is a kid whisperer..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by slumlord

How much? $

Guess she is a kid whisperer..

In a roundabout kind of way.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
While we never beat our children - we figured God put padding on a child's ass for a reason.
We started discipline young, stayed consistent, and firm.
Problems did get a bit more - innovative. But no malice.
At 38 and 40, they're doing well - and young daughter is raising 4 very fine young children! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be very careful with the corporal punishment. If it's reported, either by her when she's older or by someone else, CPS and/or the Police will be at your door, you'll be in court and they can and will take your children away.

All I can recommend is more outdoor activities, maybe involving her friends. I know she's only 4, but try to figure out what she likes to do and encourage it. If she likes camping, fishing or hiking (for example) offer a weekend trip as a reward for good behavior. If she simply doesn't care, maybe Military School is in her future. Everyone I know who went to military school turned out to be very stable and successful in life.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/24/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It wasn’t easy, God knows there were times I wondered what I did to deserve the stubbornness that our middle son gave us but through consistency, firmness and consequences he learned that life is easier when you do what you’re supposed to do. He’s a 4.0 student and has won all kinds of academic and athletic awards. He’s an academic all American and starting varsity quarterback. We just never gave up on him and we were there with support and love when he needed it. Sometimes love and understanding is much tougher than a boot in the ass but, in the right circumstances, it works a 100% better. It’s incumbent upon the parents to know when to be disciplinarians and when to be sympathetic, therein lies the difference with the end product.

I couldn’t be more proud of our 3 children. I’m most proud of the comments from their teachers about how kind, helpful and respectful they are. You can’t teach a kid how to have a good heart. I’m most proud of their kindness to their peers and their respect for their teachers, their 4.0 gpa is just icing on our cake.

I wish the OP all the love and happiness that children bring into our lives. Don’t get too worried about a stubborn preschooler. Consistency, love and discipline in the correct measure will reward you in the future.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Be very careful with the corporal punishment. If it's reported, either by her when she's older or by someone else, CPS and/or the Police will be at your door, you'll be in court and they can and will take your children away.

That’s why the water discipline is so effective.

If you must beat them, use a broom handle and hit them in the shins. Every kid has bruised shins, all the time.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's one.
A friend of mine was watching his granddaughters. They start to miss behave, he asked them to stop it. They did not, so he gave each a swat. They looked at him crying and said "you didn't count to 3" He told them, "I don't play those games" .

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've been lucky. My kids were always more disciplined than I am.

I'm not perfect but I'm fair. You can't whup a kids ass until they do something worse than you've done.

Mine never came close.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My boy is like that (4 year old). Whippin doesn’t do a thing except make him dig his feet in and stick that bottom lip out further. What gets him is making him stand in the corner.

Yup.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deleted.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/24/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
++1 on being very carefull about corporal punishment, my nasty ex called child protective services on me 3 times,its VERY tough to prove your innocence. thank God my middle daughter
broke down and told the truth,actually testified against her mother in open court.without that testimony,I was done.just be carefull,it's a different world out there,not the world we grew up in.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.