Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
akgrant Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I was told I should post here about Africa- apparently you can't even mention Africa on any of these forums except this one. Seems to be that the animals aren't as good as the highly elite north American game. Lol. This site cracks me up its like being at high school again with different clicks and we can't hang out together. Oh how I've been having fun with the elitists!

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by akgrabt
I was told I should post here about Africa- apparently you can't even mention Africa on any of these forums except this one. Seems to be that the animals aren't as good as the highly elite north American game. Lol. This site cracks me up its like being at high school again with different clicks and we can't hang out together. Oh how I've been having fun with the elitists!

you are not quite being honest......in the classified section....a hunt was being sold....an elk hunt.....you proceeded to trash it, by going on how Africa was better, cheaper..etc…..it was just bad taste to deliberately crap on the guy selling the hunt...….bob

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by BobMt

you are not quite being honest......in the classified section....a hunt was being sold....an elk hunt.....you proceeded to trash it, by going on how Africa was better, cheaper..etc…..it was just bad taste to deliberately crap on the guy selling the hunt...….bob

This

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

High school? This post is more like junior high. Come back and enjoy the site once puberty sets in.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
A
akgrant Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

High school? This post is more like junior high. Come back and enjoy the site once puberty sets in.

It really is Internet tough guy night! Lol. This post was clearly put up in response to someone telling me to "take it to the Africa page" From the names responding to all this, it seems like Alaska has some growing up to do. If you guys can't handle someone pointing out a true reality and react the way you have, I'd say puberty hasn't helped you much!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, what's your actual experience in Africa?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
akgrant Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
2016 RSA returning this sept

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Another 24HCF dumbass is born........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He had his ass handed to him on his classified intrusion.

One of his quotes from there. He ratted himself out with this one....He certainly isn't any mastermind of espionage....

Why does Hemingway keep getting mentioned by you people? I never made any reference, so I can only assume you insulated Trump thumpers must think anyone who realizes there is more in this world than just America must be like him

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He probably doesn't even realize that, given his hunt was in SA, and he killed all those animals for that relatively small price, he was in a "put and take" operation, likely small high fenced farms where you drive to a certain farm to kill a certain animal, etc. Happens all the time over there, and it almost happened to me the very first trip I took over there. When my buddy and I figured out what was going on we demanded a hunt like we booked. akgrabt still doesn't know what he doesn't know, IMO.

IC B3

A
akgrant Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by battue
He had his ass handed to him on his classified intrusion.

One of his quotes from there. He ratted himself out with this one....He certainly isn't any mastermind of espionage....

Why does Hemingway keep getting mentioned by you people? I never made any reference, so I can only assume you insulated Trump thumpers must think anyone who realizes there is more in this world than just America must be like him

Because I don't believe he is the saviour of the country when so many of you clearly do, means I must be a liberal? Who is the dumas now? And I do not feel my ass was handed anywhere btw

Originally Posted by JGRaider
He probably doesn't even realize that, given his hunt was in SA, and he killed all those animals for that relatively small price, he was in a "put and take" operation, likely small high fenced farms where you drive to a certain farm to kill a certain animal, etc. Happens all the time over there, and it almost happened to me the very first trip I took over there. When my buddy and I figured out what was going on we demanded a hunt like we booked. akgrabt still doesn't know what he doesn't know, IMO.

While true most of SA is that way, I hunted in the mountains of the east cape. The only fences there were low cattle fences, but believe as you will. Makes no difference to me. Now I need to work, unlike most of you apparently. Good day

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Who is the dumas now?
While true most of SA is that way, I hunted in the mountains of the east cape. T

Dumas? as in Alexander?

BTW, ALL the animals in the Eastern Cape are "put"... ALL.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Have we worked out who's sockpuppet he is yet?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by JGRaider

While true most of SA is that way, I hunted in the mountains of the east cape. The only fences there were low cattle fences, but believe as you will. Makes no difference to me. Now I need to work, unlike most of you apparently. Good day

So you killed an E Cape Kudu that weighed 700 lbs? Do tell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one thing I've enjoyed about the Africa Forum over the years is that it has been relatively troll free and frequented by people who enthusiastically share their experiences, love of Africa, or the desire to have those experiences. Rarely has their been provocation or "schooling measuring" contests here. All seem to enjoy looking at others photos and reliving the hunts and experience together.

Now all of a sudden the Africa Forum has become political. Somehow Trump comes into this.

I'd be obliged if you take the politics back to the main campfire forum where we can hash such things out. Here, I prefer life without US politics. African politics are fine, this is the Africa Forum. Otherwise, puff off.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This site cracks me up its like being at high school again with different clicks and we can't hang out together. Oh how I've been having fun with the elitists!

Troll on sodium pentathol

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next...how many elk have you dispatched?

At my age the trip to Africa and back, and the cold and discomfort of an elk hunt and camp about equal out.

Twenty-five years ago all things equaled out, but for different reasons.

Go hunt put-n-take RSA if it's your huckleberry. Others would rather hunt elk and have a freezer full of great meat; it's their huckleberry.

Telling anyone they're foolish for either proclivity is moronic.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Who is the dumas now?
While true most of SA is that way, I hunted in the mountains of the east cape. T

BTW, ALL the animals in the Eastern Cape are "put"... ALL.

Jorge, I respect your experience and acknowledge that you have travel/hunted more than I. But your statement above is too broad. To categorically state that all animals in the Eastern Cape is "put" is untrue.

While I have only hunted there twice, none of the farms have been put and take. Animals have been introduced outside their natural range in the EC, but the animals I hunted had free range of the farm, the smallest of which was about 7500 acres. There were no "pens".

Admittedly, I have some medical issues that slow me down, but I found the hunting on the mountainous Hotfire Ranch to be quite challenging.

There are some put and take hunting operations, I would be cautious of Huntershill. I heard on pretty good authority that they have taken over 1000 animals since March. That is not sustainable without adding animals regularily.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
AB: I did not mean to say "put and take" in the sense of purposely stocked for that instance. Sorry, it was a lousy description. A more apt one would have been "introduced" and now free roaming for the most part. The Eastern Cape from I know, was pretty devoid of animals until they were introduced.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You’ve been a classifieds dweller for 95% of your posts, so I’m sure you know the etiquette most of us use when posting on a legit advertisement.

Even though your $5k Africa plains hunt may be appealing to someone. You were trying to downgrade and show how overpriced you believed the OP’s bull elk hunt was with a comparison to your trip.

I doubt you’ll find a sympathetic ear for your woes even here on the proper sub-forum “Africa”...

Somebody here once said to another azzhat who attempted to derail his legitimate ad by saying to him...”Hey, I don’t come by and knock the Dick outta your mouth when your trying to make a buck”. “Kindly, don’t schit on my post”....Seems about right in your case as well....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,536
Posts18,453,048
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.