Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I heard clit piercing is coming back in style,

FML, I am getting OLD! When did it go out of style? I missed that memo.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Curious do you have a favorite steel?

I have a few I really like, I wouldn't say a favorite. Depends on the use of the knife to a large extent. As well as who made it.

S90V, S110V, S125V, M4, 10V

A2

N690, K390, K294

Believe it or not I still like ATS-34 too.

You can have the best steel and sh_t Heat Treat the knife is mediocre at best or just plain garbage. I am always leery of custom knives with RC ranges like 60-61, . It is fine in production knives, but in customs the maker should be testing and marking the reading.

Would like to try something in S90V but for the most part I get by with D2 and S30V!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Would like to try something in S90V but for the most part I get by with D2 and S30V!

I have a lifetime plus of S30V knives. Not a big fan of D2 have a handful but both are fine steels and will certainly do the job well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

People watching at PDX!

I am sorry! Portland gives the Beautiful State of Oregon a bad rap!

That is sadly a fact....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Blah blah blah blah blah blah... blah blah blah... blah...

I don't have to hide what steel I ask Ingram to make a knife for me out of. It isn't bragging something up. It is a choice in steel you decided to try plan and simple. I have tried a bunch of steel's I wouldn't ever pick again. It is no big deal. But some people on here are keyboard commando's, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else says they are just going to be a douche bag.

Personally nothing Winston, May, or Ingram makes really gets me that excited. They are great functioning working knives, but they aren't anything magical!

With that said I would rather lose a Havalon than any custom knife. I rather snap or chip a mass produced scalpel blade than a custom knife. I know how to take apart animals and have never had a problem doing it with even a cheap Schrade or Buck knife. I carry both the Havalon and Customs when hunting. The Havalon can do anything and everything the best of Custom's can do, minus one thing they have no emotional connection. Plain and simple it is a replaceable tool that works very well.

I am a fan of a working knife that can be used and used hard. I am a fan of makers that are at the front of the pack testing and developing new steels. Nothing against those that sit on D2, S30V, 154. They are great steels when worked properly.

It isn't bragging. The knife is X amount OAL, Blade is X length of ABC Steel, scales are XYZ with awesome Elk pins. Nothing bragging about it. He chooses to be a Douche Bag.

I don't give a F_ck what the steel is. Like everyone else I was just interested in the knifes materials. It is a really nice knife. Honestly the RC would probably be more interesting than the steel.

I’m not hiding the type of steel from anyone... I actually posted it in a previous post with the other specs of the knife and deleted the steel type once I seen you post here... I knew once you were here your arrogant nature would overcome you and you would, as usual, post as if you were the all knowing guru of everything outdoors... it didn’t take long or much to get you there...

The keyboard commando jab was cute but in reality isn’t that what we all are or did you happen to use your Ninja telekinesis to type as you stuck out your ribs to awe us all with your self proclaimed knowledge of all and everything knives... Although heart warming and touching to some I am not impressed in the least... Actually I found it amusing that someone with such great knowledge would be asking questions verses giving answers, then I considered the source and it made perfect sense...

If nothing Ingram interests you, then why are you here in an Ingram thread stomping your feet and holding your breath... If you don’t give a fük what kind of steel it is then why guess out of your ass 4 times at the type... Makes perfect sense...

I told you what it was not... Since nothing can touch Rex 121 and you were informed it was not that steel you simply could have moved on... Rex holds an edge better than any other steel out there... It’s shït for toughness and hard use... it’s lack of corrosion resistance can easily be overcome so that part of it is a non issue...that is a given... but in all your infinite wisdom you knew all this right...

It is a nice knife and thus far the steel is performing great and up to MY expectations... although I haven’t run it head to head with the Havalon yet...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fredIII

If you ever need that pos sharp! I will fix it for you. Hint.

That would require screenshots of materials, stones, lubricants, etc that would be used in said sharpening including charts of speed, sharpening angle and any other pertinent information that you have no fükin clue about thrown in for good measure... maybe hit up the fan club to throw in a “yeah” here and there and get a previous customer to tell what a great job you do...

PM your addy and I’ll add it in my roll-a-dex right between get lost and go fük yourself... 😂😂

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’m off to bed ladies... I have a 3 AM wake up and I still need to get my nails did... you can all go fük yourselves...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

If you ever need that pos sharp! I will fix it for you. Hint.

That would require screenshots of materials, stones, lubricants, etc that would be used in said sharpening including charts of speed, sharpening angle and any other pertinent information that you have no fükin clue about thrown in for good measure... maybe hit up the fan club to throw in a “yeah” here and there and get a previous customer to tell what a great job you do...

PM your addy and I’ll add it in my roll-a-dex right between get lost and go fük yourself... 😂😂

Crying laughing at you.

I’m gonna let you win because you can’t be convinced anyone might know something you don’t.

PS come in person and I’ll shave your pussy for ya.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A dear friend loaded this in my holster.

[Linked Image]

Good night princess. TBC

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10

What’s to like? From reading - Primarily a slicing only steel. Chips, fractures easily if used away from slicing...Definitely not a gen-purpose blade...

And you ain’t that guy who’s gonna babysit your gear by not using it...😎

I don't need a hunting knife to pry or chop. I need it to slice, I am really liking thin, sharp, hard blades. Specially delicate work on fur. Caping eyes, nose, lips thin for the win! Surgoens don't use 1/8" stock to cut you open. Hard use is one thing, abuse is another. I carry a hunting knife and a general purpose knife. If I need to hack something I use the right tool for the job and the general purpose knife, saw, or hatchet come out.

Rex 121 and 15V are great choices in steel for Thin, Sharp, and hard.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Crying laughing at you.

I’m gonna let you win because you can’t be convinced anyone might know something you don’t.

Unfortunately for you Fred that’s your only move... I don’t need any convincing... I only post of what I have first hand experience with... you should try it sometime...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a feeling that EHG has never had to send off a knife to have someone else 'get it sharp' for him.....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I have a feeling that EHG has never had to send off a knife to have someone else 'get it sharp' for him.....

Donny u Screw anyone out of gear lately?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

Crying laughing at you.

Unfortunately for you Fred that’s your only move... I don’t need any convincing... I only post of what I have first hand experience with... you should try it sometime...

When my knife gets dull I just buy a new one. 😂.
I’ll even put a hot towel on that Koouchy so ya don’t get razor rash my olive skinned queen.
PS just got a new qvc knife collection so you in for a treat.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pals 🤜🏻

Nothing comes close to a wicked edge.
💄🍆💋

Last edited by fredIII; 06/26/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a great thread.... you guys are so behind... 1095 is where it's at these days.... smile

I like EHG's style.... hahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by irfubar
This is a great thread.... you guys are so behind... 1095 is where it's at these days.... smile

I like EHG's style.... hahaha

He’s a good sport. 😁

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow, this went off the rails sounding like little kids quibbling over who got a new toy and who didn’t.

First, EHG is very squared away and is good to go as is Gene Ingram. Y’all are needlessly getting all wrapped around the axle. Actually, EHG is more than good to go, he is a good man, good as they come. He’s shot more elk in a year than most will in a lifetime, as well as shooting more than elk, which is clear to those that understand. ‘nuff said.

Just a guess that there is a hint to the i.d. of the steel in the very first post for those that would give it a think.

I have come to the point that design is the most important factor both blade geometry and profile as well as comfort in hand, followed by heat treat, followed by steel type.

There was a good thread on bladeforums recently in which someone actually tested a bunch of high end steels in knives from Spyderco, Lion, Benchmade, and others. Despite all the marketing hype, turned out virtually none of the supersteels being sold were
close to optimal heat treat and some high dollar blades just completely were ripping people off.

Arguing over steel only is like arguing about cartridges while ignoring barrels, bullets, brass, scope, and shot placement.

I have way too many knives in some nice steels, S110V, 10V, 3V, M390, and more from top notch makers.

Which knife actually is used the most for cleaning and skinning deer and pigs? An Ingram Bullnose in D2 and a Wilson followed by a big Busse in Infi to lop off ribs and heads. There have been more than a few times of cleaning 5 - 8 or more in a row and went over 30 one weekend.

Differences in knives become very apparent, especially skinning the pigs typically caked in mud.

Gene Ingram and Phil Wilson make excellent quality knives and are my two favorites for hunting knives. There are other good makers. There also are some big names turning out knives that are not very useful at all due to poor designs and make me wonder if they actually ever use their own work in the field.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote=irfubar]This is a great thread.... you guys are so behind... 1095 is where it's at these days.... smile

[Linked Image]

Marcin Bona (Poland)

1095 IIRC

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
geedubya you never disappoint.......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 29 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,716
Posts18,457,094
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.