-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The buyer I just sold a Ruger Blackhawk to here in the classifieds surely noticed the waiting period when he went to get it from his FFL.

But whats a little time? The wait will surely be worth it. And he'll be able to sleep good at night, knowing he did his part smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've read the posts here and elsewhere about problems with the NRA. I'm sure they have some problems. I'm also sure those problems have been amplified out of proportion by the media and those who would like nothing better than to see the demise of the NRA.

In time, the NRA will fix its problems. Until then, I'm sticking with the NRA. We can't afford to lose a gun rights organization with the membership base and clout of the NRA. A few problems will not change the fact that I've been a proud NRA member for several decades, and I plan on being a proud member for years to come. No dust up is ever going to change that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We can't afford to lose a gun rights organization with the membership base and clout of the NRA.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jeffbird

Charles Cotton is a moderator on the Texas CHL Forum.

Here is his take on things:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
NRA Threads and Bogus Attacks
Report this post Quote #1 Unread post Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 pm
I am an attorney and the 1st VP of the NRA. Virtually every article published about the NRA is a lie or intentionally misleading half-truths. I cannot talk about them in detail without waiving privileges or hurting our strategy to prove what is actually going on. Lawsuits are never filed without very good reasons. We are fighting for the NRA's very existence. This requires taking legal action when necessary. Calling for people to stop supporting the NRA to cut off funding for lawsuits is something that would put smiles on the faces of the Bloomberg gang.

We will save the NRA and the full story, the whole truth, will come out making a lot of people look like the fools they truly are. The fact that some people will accept as truth false allegations from long-term anti-gun, anti-NRA people and organizations is mind-boggling. Their primary goal is to take the NRA out of the 2020 elections. Their second goal is to destroy the NRA so they can flood Congress with anti-gun legislation that will pass.

I wish I could say more, but at this point, I cannot. As I noted before, I am working on a podcast that will tell much of what is going on, but I simply cannot disclose everything until the lawsuits are over and we are finished with the NY AG investigation.

The Forum will not be used to weaken the NRA by promoting lies and urging members to no longer support it. If you must post such tripe, do it elsewhere. I and others are working hard to get the NRA through this attack and I simply will not tolerate people spewing crap when they don't know what's really happening. American gun owners, especially the 5+ million NRA members, deserve better. As with pretty much everything in life, hard times will separate true friends from pretenders.

Chas.

https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=96264&p=1253738#p1253738

Jeff, that may very well be the case.

But the bottom line is... The more you stir chit up, the more it's gonna stink.

Whatever the problem is, or may be, they need to mitigate the damages by getting their chit together really soon. The quicker the better.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just look at that suit !!!!!!!

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by walt501
I've read the posts here and elsewhere about problems with the NRA. I'm sure they have some problems. I'm also sure those problems have been amplified out of proportion by the media and those who would like nothing better than to see the demise of the NRA.

In time, the NRA will fix its problems. Until then, I'm sticking with the NRA. We can't afford to lose a gun rights organization with the membership base and clout of the NRA. A few problems will not change the fact that I've been a proud NRA member for several decades, and I plan on being a proud member for years to come. No dust up is ever going to change that.

I’m sure as Trump would say. There’s some FAKE news involved. We just don’t know how much. I also know people being people when some money is floating around some can’t avoid the temptation. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me add this will be used as another excuse by the free loaders not to join the fight. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I also know people being people when some money is floating around some can’t avoid the temptation.

The Clintons were like that; of course there were bodies.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W4B,

It seems you are triggered every time the NRA is mentioned.

They have problems. Whatever those problems may be are not being helped by posting retarded, irrelevant crap that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but you.

Perhaps if you could quit drooling long enough, you may gather enough wits to actually do something productive and help.

Derailing ANY discussion that comes up here about the obvious problems the NRA has, isn't helping them.

Get a grip.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It seems you are triggered every time the NRA is mentioned.

Hey tex; I'm helping, just like you grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jeffbird

Charles Cotton is a moderator on the Texas CHL Forum.

Here is his take on things:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
NRA Threads and Bogus Attacks
Report this post Quote #1 Unread post Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 pm
I am an attorney and the 1st VP of the NRA. Virtually every article published about the NRA is a lie or intentionally misleading half-truths. I cannot talk about them in detail without waiving privileges or hurting our strategy to prove what is actually going on. Lawsuits are never filed without very good reasons. We are fighting for the NRA's very existence. This requires taking legal action when necessary. Calling for people to stop supporting the NRA to cut off funding for lawsuits is something that would put smiles on the faces of the Bloomberg gang.

We will save the NRA and the full story, the whole truth, will come out making a lot of people look like the fools they truly are. The fact that some people will accept as truth false allegations from long-term anti-gun, anti-NRA people and organizations is mind-boggling. Their primary goal is to take the NRA out of the 2020 elections. Their second goal is to destroy the NRA so they can flood Congress with anti-gun legislation that will pass.

I wish I could say more, but at this point, I cannot. As I noted before, I am working on a podcast that will tell much of what is going on, but I simply cannot disclose everything until the lawsuits are over and we are finished with the NY AG investigation.

The Forum will not be used to weaken the NRA by promoting lies and urging members to no longer support it. If you must post such tripe, do it elsewhere. I and others are working hard to get the NRA through this attack and I simply will not tolerate people spewing crap when they don't know what's really happening. American gun owners, especially the 5+ million NRA members, deserve better. As with pretty much everything in life, hard times will separate true friends from pretenders.

Chas.

https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=96264&p=1253738#p1253738

Hardly a "take" here. He is simply saying we should ignore the man behind the curtain.

I have far more faith in the OP's piece.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No. You aren't.

You are derailing pertinent discussion about a problem that interests anyone that cares to keep our 2nd Amendment.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
No. You aren't.

You are derailing pertinent discussion about a problem that interests anyone that cares to keep our 2nd Amendment.

Yep

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Curious the characterizations of "hard-right" and "right-wing" mentioned given the increasingly aggressive stance of Democrats against the 2nd amendment and the NRA over the same period.
Good observation. Sort of raised the credibility issue with me. Still the NRA is toast and so are we.
I understand that the liberal anti 2nd A crowd in the media have jumped on this but this time it's our fault. We have given them the ammo to shoot us with. The NRA membership has been way too gullible and uncritical of how our organization turned into a misspending massive money grubbing machine that made its chief executive (Wayne) virtually an untouchable dictator. The thievery that we can see is enormous and for all practical purposes has put us in bankruptcy. I don't know the answer. We need the NRA now more than ever, but it has been neutered by this exposure in the media of what is obviously for the most part TRUE. Wayne will not leave voluntarily and certainly won't leave without completely wrecking the organization if he isn't stopped. The wrecking is pretty far along already and I really wonder if it is reversible and I wonder if even someone of Allen West's stature could save the NRA. There could be the argument made that Col. West was present while this happened but surely there are a few clean board members and I would be quite surprised if Col. West is dirty in this situation. The only salvation I see is a clean chief executive and about 10-12 board members who act with complete transparency as far as the money is concerned.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Oh please. Fashion is everything. Don't you get GQ?

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
One other thought fwiw - the courts will not save the average citizen’s gun rights, just ask those who live in California, New York, Washington, Oregon, Maryland, Chicago, and other similar venues.

The NFA is part of the federal tax laws and passed judicial review. Adding more items to the NFA list is as easy as tacking an amendment on a tax or spending bill.

An effective lobbying organization is critical. The NRA is effective, not perfect, in lobbying because of the shear number of motivated members, not its budget.

Hopefully the board cleans up the mess in a hurry. Also, it should reorganize as a business entity in some state other than New York.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
An effective lobbying organization is critical. The NRA is effective, not perfect, in lobbying because of the shear number of motivated members, not its budget

There's no need to be afraid of the NRA any longer

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Oh please. Fashion is everything. Don't you get GQ?

Have you ever added value to a discussion?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
What 700 or so lawsuits, with most won, against gun grabbers looks like.

https://www.saf.org/category/news/

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,741
Posts18,457,686
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.